• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians...is sexual attraction a choice?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Jain. It's not an insult. Productive criticism. Feedback from members helps improve RF. We are all human.

Psst... [looks around conspiratorially] that’s what Site Feedback is for. Shhh! Don’t tell anyone else. It’ll be just our dirty little secret. ;)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Psst... [looks around conspiratorially] that’s what Site Feedback is for. Shhh! Don’t tell anyone else. It’ll be just our dirty little secret. ;)

Jain.

I don't "tell on people" at site feedback. Unless it's for example a law breaker, it's none of my business. I only go to site feedback when there is something wrong not because of constructive criticism. I assume it was an overlook. I don't know. No need to get offended and sarcastic.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
I am curious as why you found that post judgmental at all...but then again....you seem to find fault with everything I say.....so whatevs...
I didn't say it I found it judgmental. You specifically mentioned not wanting to judge others under certain conditions. Your words from that post with my bolding for emphasis. "What the Bible says is very important because we never want to judge people for things over which they have no control". Based on that, it is natural to wonder if you consider yourself and others to have the ability to judge under different conditions and what you think the implications of that are in relation to God.

I find fault with claims you make that fall apart under scrutiny and the fact that you can never admit that fact. But you are JW and cannot admit it, because of the consequences you would face. It wasn't a question about some flaw I think I found in your post. I am curious about the JW take on judging other people.

I am sure there are some people who would be amused by your amusement....I am not one of them....sorry to disappoint.

You are very thin skinned and yet you stomp all over other people without much regard to their feelings. I find that amusing. The dichotomy, not the stomping.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Jain.

I don't "tell on people" at site feedback. Unless it's for example a law breaker, it's none of my business. I only go to site feedback when there is something wrong not because of constructive criticism. I assume it was an overlook. I don't know. No need to get offended and sarcastic.

You’re missing my point. But let’s just let it at that.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
There was no reason to share it after the fact when you say you were following it from the beginning. You had your chance before the move. What’s the point of “sharing” it 24 or 48 hours later?
Basically you were incorrect about what happened and that's it. Stop being paranoid. There is no need for the attitude. I'm done with this.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yup, that seems a common line of thinking.
Working out for how many its absolute truth...I mean, how would you tell? People themselves may not really know.
But I think there is some truth there somewhere.

Read this as the relatively ignorant opinion of a straight, middle-aged man...lol
Who knows. It's not uncommon, though.

Moonjuice

In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey
I see. I hurt your feelings. You got nailed hard and are looking for a way back in your mind. I applaud your efforts. Everyone should have a stretch goal.
Well this is sure embarrassing Dan. You started by posting a sarcastic comment about a misunderstanding of an expression "your world" vs. "your planet". Of course, you already know exactly what the expression means in the context of how I used it, but you chose to insert a sarcastic (and dishonest) post in an attempt to ridicule rather than participate in the discussion. Are you proud of yourself?

You used the same trick with the very obvious typo "I've vs. Live". Clearly an autocorrect issue, but you still take the time to point it out even though everyone reading knows what the word is and why it is spelled wrong. So what the purpose of mentioning it? To imply that I can't spell? Come on Dan, this is just weak. Too obvious, not the least bit creative.

BTW, there is no chance my feelings can be hurt, when the purpose of the OP is to actually get different opinions on the topic. I expect and enjoy a little sarcasm here and there while we engage in a conversation on a meaningful topic. Evidently, that is not your goal.

I suppose your goal is to attempt to "nail me hard", rather than to engage in the conversation in any meaningful way. UNLESS, this IS your way of engaging in the topic of sexual attraction? I mean, I am using my actual picture. Sorry my rugged handsomeness is such a stumbling block on your walk with the lord. If I can find a less tempting bunny rabbit picture, I'll use that instead.

Do me a favor Dan, the next time your intention is to ridicule someone right out of the gates, rather than engage in the topic from your Christian perspective, maybe ask yourself...what would Jesus do? Or if you'd just like to have a battle of sarcastic wit, you know I'm happy to do that as well (but perhaps it would be more appropriate to start a new thread so we are not so far off topic?). How about "Getting Nailed Hard - Dan's list of autocorrect typo's"? This has been fun Dan. Thanks for playing.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Well this is sure embarrassing Dan. You started by posting a sarcastic comment about a misunderstanding of an expression "your world" vs. "your planet". Of course, you already know exactly what the expression means in the context of how I used it, but you chose to insert a sarcastic (and dishonest) post in an attempt to ridicule rather than participate in the discussion. Are you proud of yourself?

You used the same trick with the very obvious typo "I've vs. Live". Clearly an autocorrect issue, but you still take the time to point it out even though everyone reading knows what the word is and why it is spelled wrong. So what the purpose of mentioning it? To imply that I can't spell? Come on Dan, this is just weak. Too obvious, not the least bit creative.

BTW, there is no chance my feelings can be hurt, when the purpose of the OP is to actually get different opinions on the topic. I expect and enjoy a little sarcasm here and there while we engage in a conversation on a meaningful topic. Evidently, that is not your goal.

I suppose your goal is to attempt to "nail me hard", rather than to engage in the conversation in any meaningful way. UNLESS, this IS your way of engaging in the topic of sexual attraction? I mean, I am using my actual picture. Sorry my rugged handsomeness is such a stumbling block on your walk with the lord. If I can find a less tempting bunny rabbit picture, I'll use that instead.

Do me a favor Dan, the next time your intention is to ridicule someone right out of the gates, rather than engage in the topic from your Christian perspective, maybe ask yourself...what would Jesus do? Or if you'd just like to have a battle of sarcastic wit, you know I'm happy to do that as well (but perhaps it would be more appropriate to start a new thread so we are not so far off topic?). How about "Getting Nailed Hard - Dan's list of autocorrect typo's"? This has been fun Dan. Thanks for playing.
It was so important to you? Really? Will it bother you that I didn't even read this?

Surely you have something better to do with your time?

Moonjuice

It was so important to you? Really? Will it bother you that I didn't even read this?

Surely you have something better to do with your time?
Actually, I am doing exactly what I want to do. Pointing out the dishonesty in your attempts to "nail me hard" has been the most fun I've had this morning. P.S. You know you read it...

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

LOL, you’ll learn....there are those who, if you cross them even once, they will never forgive you, and then pick you up for things that they perceive that you have said or done....:shrug: They will remain clueless despite explanations or any defense offered. They can accuse you but if you accuse them, you will never hear the end of it. Better to sometimes leave them to their misapprehensions I think.

Moonjuice

LOL, you’ll learn....there are those who, if you cross them even once, they will never forgive you, and then pick you up for things that they perceive that you have said or done....:shrug: They will remain clueless despite explanations or any defense offered. They can accuse you but if you accuse them, you will never hear the end of it. Better to sometimes leave them to their misapprehensions I think.
Well said!

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Deeje that skin of yours is so thin isn't it.

You cannot admit when you get caught in error or when your delightful and warm approach is recognized.

You have to turn everything into an assault.

I am not hearing the end of it from you either. Passive aggressive is still hearing it.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Deeje that skin of yours is so thin isn't it.

You cannot admit when you get caught in error or when your delightful and warm approach is recognized.

You have to turn everything into an assault.

I am not hearing the end of it from you either. Passive aggressive is still hearing it.
Use your "Christianity" to deal with your insecurities Dan.....you are embarrassing yourself. You are the one assaulting....read over your replies.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Use your "Christianity" to deal with your insecurities Dan.....you are embarrassing yourself. You are the one assaulting....read over your replies.
Your assaults are very characteristic and predictable.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
When it comes to homosexuality, there seems to be two primary points of view: You are either born this way, or you choose it. I am convinced that it is not a choice and that almost anyone can be convinced its not a choice in very short order. Are there any Christians here who still think its a choice?
You posted this in General Religious Debates forum so I assume anyone can answer even ifftye are not a Christians .
Imo, who someone is attracted to is not a choice but what someone does with that attraction is a choice.
How is this really any different from a heterosexual choosing to have sex. Sex is sex.