• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: If

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Galatians 6:8 The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

People read this and they think crimes against God. But what it means is self righteousness. Are you doing what you do in God's Name to be proved righteous (sinful nature) or to accomplish the will of God? Are we overturning strongly entrenched things or gaining points? If it is for points (flesh) it is against the Spirit. There is a spirit of the body of Christ. You can not be for the body of Christ AND be for self righteousness.

Tranquil Servant

Was M.I.A for a while
Galatians 6:8 The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

People read this and they think crimes against God. But what it means is self righteousness. Are you doing what you do in God's Name to be proved righteous (sinful nature) or to accomplish the will of God? Are we overturning strongly entrenched things or gaining points? If it is for points (flesh) it is against the Spirit. There is a spirit of the body of Christ. You can not be for the body of Christ AND be for self righteousness.

As a follower of the Messiah, I try my best to refrain from sin but not for the approval of anybody else except for God. I try my best not to give in to the "flesh." I don't want to glorify myself; I only want to Glorify God. I hope you don't mind me asking and I hope you'll bear with me but what exactly do you mean when you say "overturning strongly entrenched things?":eek:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
2 Corinthians 10:4,5

The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

I am bearing with you. You are the nicest spiritual person I ever met.

TRUTH Glorifies God. Not behavior so much. Behavior glorifies (because I want to use the same word) yourself and your own loved ones.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
An example. It is preferred by the Christian and Jewish community to believe The Holy God Almighty who is the head of every man and every angel gave allowance to the angels that wanted a man's body, a man's body. Genesis 6:4 That's what they believe and that is what they teach. How is that glorifying God? Is it lifting the people's opinion about God up or throwing it down? Do you want to draw close to a person who gives power to already powerful people to go rape someone? The answer should be no actually.

Is what is written not true? It is true. You who believe Genesis customararily are like inside a box. I am outside the box. It is possible to remove one's self by the power of the Almighty God who is present out of the box.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How? I know because I am a patient observer. The same thing is happening now. A woman gets an idea and it is wrong, but to save her life she cannot deny it She is married to it. Marriage means one flesh. I am not talking about a specific person. I'm taking about all the women who are overcome by whatever it is, just like they are described at Genesis 6:4.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What does this mean please? 1 Peter 2:2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation,

What is pure spiritual milk?

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults.

(a) reasonable, rational, (b) metaphorical, as contrasted with the literal.
Englishman's Greek Concordance3050.htm

Ephesians 4:14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.
Romans 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship

Tranquil Servant

Was M.I.A for a while
What does this mean please? 1 Peter 2:2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation,

What is pure spiritual milk?

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults.

(a) reasonable, rational, (b) metaphorical, as contrasted with the literal.
Englishman's Greek Concordance3050.htm

Ephesians 4:14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.
Romans 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship

I agree with every thing you've said. Sometimes it's hard to separate man's logic with that of God's. And Sometimes the acts we commit may seem right in our own understanding because it satisfies our own desires in one way or another; whether it be self-gratification or glorification or anything else. I, myself have fallen into this type of weakness and pray for God's forgiveness. Just yesterday I got into a debate with my Hubby because he's a non-believer. My initial intentions are good but then I soon realize my own pride gets in the way because the verse from Matthew 7:6 and 1 Corinthians 7:16 pops into my head. It's a struggle between the spirit and the flesh.
Ironically, we were debating man's logic Vs. God's logic (or the logic the spirit gives us) But the people who don't have the spirit of God can't understand or even fathom this idea.
By the way, You're very sweet yourself..;)
Thank you for your insight and patience.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thank you! Frubal you later! That is because it won't allow two in a row. I really like the way you high lite the scripture to click on. Oh, your welcome. Where hath all the manners gone?

Tranquil Servant

Was M.I.A for a while
An example. It is preferred by the Christian and Jewish community to believe The Holy God Almighty who is the head of every man and every angel gave allowance to the angels that wanted a man's body, a man's body. Genesis 6:4 That's what they believe and that is what they teach. How is that glorifying God? Is it lifting the people's opinion about God up or throwing it down? Do you want to draw close to a person who gives power to already powerful people to go rape someone? The answer should be no actually.

Is what is written not true? It is true. You who believe Genesis customararily are like inside a box. I am outside the box. It is possible to remove one's self by the power of the Almighty God who is present out of the box.

Curious...how do you interpret Genesis 6:4?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Curious...how do you interpret Genesis 6:4?

Post #46. Demons might be ideas that take on a life of their own. I do not believe demons are spirit people. They might be, I don't know. When a lie becomes firmly established it has power to transform the person and circumstances. That is what I think happened in Noah's day. And the women were fooled, just like Eve was fooled. Fooled as in tricky deception. The truth became twisted and caused man's downfall.

Tranquil Servant

Was M.I.A for a while
Post #46. Demons might be ideas that take on a life of their own. I do not believe demons are spirit people. They might be, I don't know. When a lie becomes firmly established it has power to transform the person and circumstances. That is what I think happened in Noah's day. And the women were fooled, just like Eve was fooled. Fooled as in tricky deception. The truth became twisted and caused man's downfall.

I have to Admit, I've done endless research on this topic and can't come up with no other conclusion but that of the "Nepihlim" being the offspring of the Fallen Angels. It's crazy because I was just discussing this with another person (who is Muslim) on another thread.
Have you ever read the Book of Enoch?..
Book of Enoch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Book of Enoch - Heaven Net

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I will try to dissect it.

The Nephilim [were humans that were causing fright because of their size and strength]
came to be [they were there before the women were taken over] on the Earth in those days also following that which [I think this means the fright caused by the Nephilim] come [this word can mean many things] the sons of god to the daughters of men [this can mean not God's offspring but a condition of power] [and then the resulting circumstances spread to many years] those were the mighty who were of long duration, the men for the defaming of name. [Man's name and therefore of course God's name.]

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is already established I believe that mothers are important in nurturing good or bad in their offspring. When you read the history of Israel have you ever wondered that it is written "and his mother was..."? I think the violence did not begin with the Nephilim. I think the scripture means it began because of the fear of them.

Renji

If 'Jesus Christ' is the way, the TRUTH, and the life and 'Satan' is the father of the lie, to believe something is true that is not true is siding with which one? Can a person go back and forth to each side?

I have heard that to lie according to what the Bible says about it is to speak something false for evil ends on purpose. If that is true, then it does not matter if what you believe is true or not. That is a third answer.

1. Does it mean siding with Satan to believe a lie?
2. Can a person go back and forth between truth and falsehood?
3. Does believing a lie have no consequence because to lie means to tell a lie that causes ill will, but 'white lies' don't mean anything?

1) yes, because he is the father of lies, according to the scriptures.
2) if the person does it on a purpose (intentionally), the answer is no. You can't love someone (God for example) and continually offend that "person".
3) Believing lies do have consequences. In terms of spirituality, it serves as a "blockage" between man and God (which is the truth)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1) yes, because he is the father of lies, according to the scriptures.
2) if the person does it on a purpose (intentionally), the answer is no. You can't love someone (God for example) and continually offend that "person".
3) Believing lies do have consequences. In terms of spirituality, it serves as a "blockage" between man and God (which is the truth)

Thank you. We are harmonious. You said it well.

Tranquil Servant

Was M.I.A for a while

I'll give you some more references... just in case...but you definitely shouldn't take my word for it. If you refuse, you have every right to. I don't mean to intrude..

Jude 1:6
Jude 1:13-15--At this time in History, the Apostles must've had some kind of Enochian scripture or traditional oral teachings.
http://www.learnthebible.org/the-sons-of-god-in-genesis.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/Nephilim.html
[youtube]N63lhtx2q8o[/youtube]
evidence for giants nephilim rephaim anunnaki part 1 - YouTube
I believe, sometime in the beginning and a little after, The angels had to choose between living, glorifying, and serving God or being condemned by God for eternity. Kind of like how Satan rebelled and was condemned for eternity. To my knowledge, no were in the Bible does say angels have no free will. It says they do the will of God but it doesn't say they didn't have free will.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jude 1:6 "angels" spirit messengers
Spirit messengers are the means by which Heaven communicates with Earth.
Does it mean they left the present "domain" to be concerned with what will be the judgement but the judgement is under darkness. No soul can be living in the present AND in the future. No one knows the day or the hour but they want to know. Maybe, maybe not. I'm not much into fables.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How is it some people believe Nephilim were children of angels? The Nephilim were mentioned after Noah landed. What were they then?