• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: If

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I agree there is a reason for the loneliness. It is what prompted me to seek out Jah. It is not true that something is true because many people believe it. Noah was one man with a design that if implemented would save his family and much more. But it was not an easy plan.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I expect that God forgives us for mistakes. That is different that deliberately following a falsehood.

Yes. But Noah proved it was possible to know what needed to be believed. One person knowing proves it is possible. If truth can be found (Noah proved it) then to believe in a lie is no longer a mistake.

For a time following (not deliberately) a falsehood is forgivable. But is it forever forgivable for all who do it? It would be forever forgivable if some did not prove conquerors. But many have. Is that right?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why does it matter? 'Jesus' that would be Joshua, said if they believed Moses they would believe The Son. Now I think if you would believe everything Joshua taught correctly you would believe he is near. John 5:46 If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.

I do not know how it is possible to believe he will arrive for the world to see. He said no sign would be given. How is his arriving for all to see not a sign?

Super Universe

Defender of God
OK thank you. It sounds like you came from the same religious background as I did. (Jehovah's Witness). What you have said that is much different is that "a baby has a chance to be heaven bound". Your explanation touched on choices people make but babies do not make choices. My question has so far gone unanswered I think.

I had to go to JW church every other weekend but I never accepted their theories and daydreamed the entire time.

The point about "even a baby one day old still has a chance at heaven" is that, really, the most important thing about human life is the beginning. The soul is not called a soul until it joins with a human, before this it's called an "entity". Once you have a soul the SUV's, money in the bank, and LED televisions are insignificant compared to it.

From a universal perspective, we spend so much time working and worrying about how we're going to live the best and longest life possible when the most important part of it was the first day.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
From a universal perspective, we spend so much time working and worrying about how we're going to live the best and longest life possible when the most important part of it was the first day.
OK For some it is the best day, for some the worst day. It should not be that way. Thank you Super for sharing and for being patient with me! Peace!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK I think I can hear someone thinking I am hopelessly not persuadable so they will not point out Revelation 1:7 to me. If I have read it a thousand times and do not know what it says then I am hopeless, aren't I?

Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be!

Amen.

Actually the word translated "him" is an unidentified pronoun. Can it be perhaps that people will finally see themselves?

The woman said, "I know that Messiah" (called Christ) "is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us." Then Jesus declared, "I who speak to you am he." Just then his disciples returned and were surprised to find him talking with a woman. But no one asked, "What do you want?" or "Why are you talking with her?" Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people, "Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Christ?"

Last edited:

Super Universe

Defender of God
OK I think I can hear someone thinking I am hopelessly not persuadable so they will not point out Revelation 1:7 to me. If I have read it a thousand times and do not know what it says then I am hopeless, aren't I?

Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be!

Amen.

Actually the word translated "him" is an unidentified pronoun. Can it be perhaps that people will finally see themselves?

The woman said, "I know that Messiah" (called Christ) "is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us." Then Jesus declared, "I who speak to you am he." Just then his disciples returned and were surprised to find him talking with a woman. But no one asked, "What do you want?" or "Why are you talking with her?" Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people, "Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Christ?"

Revelation 1:7 is referring to the humans on the earth in the future when we are all lifted from the age of darkness and will know God (and Christ) exist.

"...even those who pierced him" refers to those who pounded the nails through His hands and feet and, later, to the one Roman soldier who pierced Jesus side with the spear while on the cross to see if He was alive or dead. This wound in the side is actually what killed Jesus.

"...and all the nations of the earth will weep because of Him," the nations will weep in a good way, like finally seeing your long lost brother after so long.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, they do not weep in a good way. Matthew 24:30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.
Revelation 18:9 When the kings of the earth who committed adultery with her and shared her luxury see the smoke of her burning, they will weep and mourn over her. Strong's Greek: 2875.

They will know that they need him but they rejected him.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What is happening here is a good example of what I mean. If Revelation 7:1 means to see yourself as God sees you but you will not because you are waiting for Him to manifest himself, not yourself, then what? Then you will miss what God is doing.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Can I change my name?

I can say that because most people won't talk to me.

It's funny though in a sad kind of way

Or sad in a funny kind of way.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Clouds can mean a possibility of something good or something bad. Good as in the end of drought or bad as in a big time flood.

The parable of Noah seems to be people putting Earth out of balance by their over indulgence. When Earth is put out of balance we get very bad weather. The weather is so bad it can seem that the end of humanity is likely. Joshua can come as a helper or can certainly come as judge. The people get to choose, which is nice.

Tranquil Servant

Was M.I.A for a while
No, they do not weep in a good way. Matthew 24:30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.
Revelation 18:9 When the kings of the earth who committed adultery with her and shared her luxury see the smoke of her burning, they will weep and mourn over her. Strong's Greek: 2875.

They will know that they need him but they rejected him.

Hi savagewind! I'm not exactly sure what your questions was initially so maybe we can both come up with an understanding of what you'd like to know together..;)

Well, first let me start off by saying I pray the good Lord will provide for us our daily Bread..:shout
Next, I interpret Matthew 24:30 and Revelation 1:7 to mean that when the day comes for "The Son of Man" (or Yeshua in Hebrew) to return, there will be no warning (Matthew 24:37-39) and those who are not faithful don't anticipate his arrival so it will be their most dreaded moment but for those who have taken heed to his warnings, they will know the signs as they come and anticipate his return so it will be the most glorious moment ever. However I have come to the understanding that those who are marked by The Living God (Revelation 7:1-2) will be "harvested" (Matthew 13:39, Revelation 14:15) and won't have to endure the great "Judgment" and wrath of God.
Also I believe anyone who intentionally "lives a Lie" will have to pay for their consequences. Although, if we stop and think for a minute...a lot of the time our human nature or understanding will hinder us from realizing truth. Sometimes our intentions are "Good" in the way we humans interpret them but then our actions may cause a negative consequence. Let's remember the story of Adam and Eve...they knew no sin before they transgressed against God. When Satan deceived Eve, she didn't sin because she was malicious, She sinned because she was deceived. I can use another example: babies and children don't sin cause they are evil, they sin because they don't know better until someone teaches them or they've experienced enough life to learn the errors of their ways. As adults, even we need to experience trail and error before we can learn what's right and what's wrong. It is through God's grace and mercy that we can experience this test we call life. This is Why the sacrifice of Yeshua is so important because it gives us the opportunity to experience a spiritual rebirth through the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit helps guide us to the true meaning of "God's Laws" or righteousness. However, We are still only human and all of us fall short of the Glory of God". We cannot be perfect or else we wouldn't need Yeshua.(Romans 3:23, Ephesians 1:17, Philippians 4:7, 2 Peter 3:18)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I do not like to think anyone hoping for Yeshua will be knowing the truth but living the lie. I fear that is what I see. It is not too late for change. But they won't and I don't really like it.

Super Universe

Defender of God
There will be a great calamity, many false messiahs, Christ will intercede in the calamity, the sign of the Son of Man (Cross?) will appear, and then there will be a deep mourning (for those lost, and for their own selves being saved as well) among all the nations of the earth.

Tranquil Servant

Was M.I.A for a while
I do not like to think anyone hoping for Yeshua will be knowing the truth but living the lie. I fear that is what I see. It is not too late for change. But they won't and I don't really like it.
I know what you mean sister, ...But do these people really want the Messiah to return?
Probably not and if they say yes, then once again they are lying to themselves. I myself pray for the Messiah to return but then I'm fearful that I might not be doing his will completely. This is why I constantly ask God to forgive me for my short-comings. I also humble myself in admitting that I'm a sinner who sometimes acts according to what I "believe" is right knowing that my own logic cannot compare to God's. However, I do trust in God, his sacrifice, and his promise so I endure and try to learn or absorb as much as I can.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I do not mean living the lie by sinning in the flesh. I mean living the lie by believing they are listening to what the spirit says to the congregation but they are listening to their own spirit. They do want the messiah to appear. But he has appeared.

Sowing with a view to the flesh is listening to your own spirit. Where there is a body there is a spirit. Sowing with a view to the flesh reaps corruption.

Last edited:

Super Universe

Defender of God
People keep saying that Christ will intercede but I do not find that clearly explained in scripture. Where does it say that?

Matthew 24:22 "In fact, unless that time of calamity is shortened, the entire human race will be destroyed. But it will be shortened for the sake of God's chosen ones."

Matthew 24:30 "And then at last, the sign of the coming of the Son of Man will apear in the heavens, and there will be deep mourning among all the nations of the earth. And they will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory."

Previously I was under the impression that the "return" of Christ would be purely symbolic in that we would all be awakened to His existence but I think I will have to rethink that.

Tranquil Servant

Was M.I.A for a while
I do not mean living the lie by sinning in the flesh. I mean living the lie by believing they are listening to what the spirit says to the congregation but they are listening to their own spirit. They do want the messiah to appear. But he has appeared.

Sowing with a view to the flesh is listening to your own spirit. Where there is a body there is a spirit. Sowing with a view to the flesh reaps corruption.

I'm sorry but I clearly don't understand what you mean...:shrug:
Can you explain further?...