• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianophobia?

Is the world becoming more biased against Christianity?

• Yes

Votes: 28 51.9%
  • No

Votes: 26 48.1%

• Total voters

hoomer

Scorn said:
Yes Hoomer, But isn't it possible that there is a large population of Christians who would like nothing more than to change the tide of the past (not forget it mind you) but to actually follow Christ in his teachings and better the world for it? Is it also not ethically wrong to condemn the children for the sins of the father? I'm just asking how lobbing the slings and arrows at everyone serves any higher purpose, regardless of how secure one supposedly feels in their faith. It's one thing to recall the history and never forget. It's quite another to use it as global justification for promoting dislike for an entire group.
yes we can forget our past...just like many christians like to forget haf of the bible..ie the old testament......:biglaugh:

But yes....I appreciate that.....

as I ahve said..I have NO problem with christianity.....its just the few insane nutters......sadly america seems to have a LOT of them

Mohatma gahndi's quote about "I like your christ but not your christians, they are so un christ ike" I think sums up my stance........you cant be truly loving and understanding..and CHRIST LIKE........and be a hypocrit ...who seeks greed...power...death.....and the enforcing of your own beleifs at the expense of all others.........

repeat I have nothing against christianity........its just the christians:biglaugh: ...but NOT all of them!...someone said all christians get labbeled and lumped together...well sadly thats cause USA has so many "satan" following christians......."y'all is nuts"

:tsk:

hoomer

No*s said:
Thank you for at least being honest. I said I wouldn't post here again, and this will be my last response, but frankly, I am saddened that you justify hatred by saying we have "blood on our hands." How much more will be on yours now? I think it is sad, and childish, to ever say the concern or outrage over the slaughter of human beings is childish. I've seen estimates on the number killed in the 20th century ranging from eighty or ninety million to well over a hundred million. We don't know.

If I take the 90 million over the twentieth century (a low estimate), then we get 1.2% of the world's population as it stood at the end of the twentieth century. Frankly, it is sentiments like yours that allow this to continue in other parts of the world like China, Egypt, and so on.

Maybe you should explain how you justify the your justification of hate here:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10532

It's pretty easy to say "because they did this to me," but it's a lot harder to justify the emotion of hate in itself, which is what I think I'm seeing. In no case is it ever justifiable to call concern or outrage for the murder of human beings "childish" or "silly." That is something I know, so I'm not at your heights of knowledge, but frankly, I don't want to be.
oh boy......

80 or 90 million christians......as I have said before...need I make a LIST of entire cultures...races...continents....BUTCHERD and CHANGED forever by christianity?......

Its time to wake up......no ONE is innocent...and that includes christianity!

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
retrorich said:
If the schools involved are tax supported, Bible classes and religious posters/icons don't belong there.
So the next thing is to ban ALL those who believe in any religion? If you let ANY group use the facilities you need to let ALL groups use the facilities. You can't discriminate against a group JUST BECAUSE.

Amendment I: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

While this applies specifically to Congress, by deduction, it also applies to all governments that are under this constitution.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
hoomer said:
Its time to wake up......no ONE is innocent...and that includes christianity!

Hoomer, no one is claiming that is without fault, but two wrongs do not make a right. Whatever Christians may have done in the past, does not justify killing them today, if that is indeed going on.

eridun

This is my first thread on this forum and my first post and I have to say... wow.

This is really ridiculous.

Christianophobia? How about Wiccanophobia? or Native Americanophobia? or Buddistophobia? or, or, or, or.... the list is really long people. How many Wiccans in the US hide because the Church condemns them? How many Athiest don't say anything for the same reason?

This country was started because of RELIGIOUS PERSECUTION. We came over here and fought to stay so that you could be who you wanted to be no matter what you believed. When did that stop? More importantly - why did that stop?

Christians are no less phobic of other religions than other religions are of Christians.

Get over it.

hoomer

NetDoc said:
So the next thing is to ban ALL those who believe in any religion? If you let ANY group use the facilities you need to let ALL groups use the facilities. You can't discriminate against a group JUST BECAUSE.

Amendment I: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

While this applies specifically to Congress, by deduction, it also applies to all governments that are under this constitution.
CORRECT me if I am wrong but AMerica is buit on the premise that we may worship the DIVINE in ANY WAY we WANT.....thus if we ensure "bible classses" we shoud also allow people to cut up live chickens after school and practise santeria......etc etc...the problem is where does it end?

Americans are reifgiousy fervourish in theor approach to God.....you are nuts.........you seem to have lost one thingy most reigions teach : BASIC RESPECT FOR ANOTHER"S BEIEFS....and ALLOWING THEM TO BELIEVE IT...

Christianity is HUGE......if you really wnat bible classes.....I am certain it wouldnt be hard to organise OUTSIDE of a school forum......:bonk: is this really beyond americans?

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
eridun said:
This is my first thread on this forum and my first post and I have to say... wow.

This is really ridiculous.

Christianophobia? How about Wiccanophobia? or Native Americanophobia? or Buddistophobia? or, or, or, or.... the list is really long people. How many Wiccans in the US hide because the Church condemns them? How many Athiest don't say anything for the same reason?

This country was started because of RELIGIOUS PERSECUTION. We came over here and fought to stay so that you could be who you wanted to be no matter what you believed. When did that stop? More importantly - why did that stop?

Christians are no less phobic of other religions than other religions are of Christians.

Get over it.
Well said, eridan. Frubals to you!

hoomer

Maize said:
Hoomer, no one is claiming that is without fault, but two wrongs do not make a right. Whatever Christians may have done in the past, does not justify killing them today, if that is indeed going on.
you are quite right...and I hope you do not think I am advocating kiling christians.....all I am advocating is stop whining about it!!!!!...move on...DO SOMETHING to STOP it....is all.....shrug

do the japanese whine about their persecution after WWII?....no they got off their assess and DID something.....

You can whine and moan a you like.......people kil people..big deal...what is new?.....
eventually you have to get off the couch...and do something..........or make a tv show caled fat actress:biglaugh:

pdoel

NetDoc said:

And where do we draw the line? If a bunch of students decide to have a KKK rally at school, would you support that? If some children decided to form a coven, and practice witchcraft at recess, would you support that? If some kids decided to make up their own religion, and decided to sacrifice sheep every day at lunch, would you support that?

Something tells me, if you heard about those things, you'd be the first one up at the school to protest. It works both ways.

hoomer

Maize said:
No, but you don't seem too bothered about it either.
I dont think hate of any kind is good....

I dont think kiling is really ever justified.......EVER....though there me be exceptions...but a different thread

the fact is every singe day the same amount of people die as died in the Tsunami......EVERY SINGLE DAY........out of 6 billion ....80 milion isnt much.......

number and statistics are statistics.....

people die...a LOT.....do people realy care or notice?......

Shoud I make a list of people that have died due to the motor car in the 20th century? or ciggarettes? or war? or cancer...or....need I go on?

Fowvay

Maize said:
The majority is Christian, always has been. Humanism and atheism have never been in the forefront. Your argument might work if it were true.
The world majority is not Christian never has been never will....lordy lordy I hate blanket statements so you can go ahead and ignore the one I just made.

There is however a trend towards anti christian, it is apparant in the media, in the world view and in day to day conversations. Heck its apparant on this forum. To say that there isn't is just absurd.

I think the better question is, "what can we as Christians do to correct this?".

I don't as of yet have an answer to that but I do know that ignoring it will not fix it.

Tom aka Fowvay

Scorn

pdoel said:
And where do we draw the line? If a bunch of students decide to have a KKK rally at school, would you support that? If some children decided to form a coven, and practice witchcraft at recess, would you support that? If some kids decided to make up their own religion, and decided to sacrifice sheep every day at lunch, would you support that?

Something tells me, if you heard about those things, you'd be the first one up at the school to protest. It works both ways.
I suppose you could define a group through it's agenda to begin with. If the KKK wanted to meet and had an expressed agenda that was not about exclusion then why wouldn't someone let them meet.

I'm with NetDoc (What's happening to me:bonk: ) open the schools to any religious groups that want to use them for functions. Provided the religious are not based in hate and hurt to any other group, then what harm could be done? If you don't want to attend then don't.

I know I can book the gym for my atheist basketball game on Thursdays.

hoomer

Fowvay said:
The world majority is not Christian never has been never will....lordy lordy I hate blanket statements so you can go ahead and ignore the one I just made.

There is however a trend towards anti christian, it is apparant in the media, in the world view and in day to day conversations. Heck its apparant on this forum. To say that there isn't is just absurd.

I think the better question is, "what can we as Christians do to correct this?".

I don't as of yet have an answer to that but I do know that ignoring it will not fix it.

Tom aka Fowvay
UM sorry MAize is right.....

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

read it!!!

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Fowvay said:
I was referring to the US, not the world. I am fully aware that Christianity is not the world majority. Besides, this isn't a numbers game.

hoomer

Scorn said:
I suppose you could define a group through it's agenda to begin with. If the KKK wanted to meet and had an expressed agenda that was not about exclusion then why wouldn't someone let them meet.

I'm with NetDoc (What's happening to me:bonk: ) open the schools to any religious groups that want to use them for functions. Provided the religious are not based in hate and hurt to any other group, then what harm could be done? If you don't want to attend then don't.

I know I can book the gym for my atheist basketball game on Thursdays.
scorn a great idea....but sadly wholy unworkable...in america there are s many religions....

I work in NYC.....I have no idea how may reigions there are here..but officiay there are 20 languages spoken......an I know for certain...the diversity of reigion here is vast......

but it IS a nice idea

hoomer

Maize said:
I was referring to the US, not the world. I am fully aware that Christianity is not the world majority. Besides, this isn't a numbers game.
um acording to web sites onine christianity is world no1........I know htere's much mis information out there...but are they ALL wrong?

pdoel

Scorn said:
I'm with NetDoc (What's happening to me:bonk: ) open the schools to any religious groups that want to use them for functions. Provided the religious are not based in hate and hurt to any other group, then what harm could be done? If you don't want to attend then don't
Unfortunately, I don't see it as being that simple. Christianity is not a religion based on hate. But I've heard lots of accounts of people being tortured, killed, harrassed, etc., by Christians.

Rent the movie Saved! sometime. It's about a Christian school. Now granted, it exagerates the problem a bit, but gives a pretty good account of what some "Christians" can be like. Just because a religion isn't based on hate, doesn't mean that it's followers are all loving.