• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

christianity the first religion?

Rex_Admin said:
I always thought mythraism was one of the oldest?

I'll answer this one of the top of my head.

the cult of Mithras may have been a purely Roman invention. It appears to be based on the mythological cosmology of the sun and the moon, overlayed with a more complex astrological symbolism. those initiated into the cult achieved release from the temporal realm by way of the revolving planets.

Colin_Admin said:
I have heard that Jainism is the earliest religion

"according to Jain tradition, it's teachings extend back into the prehistory of this cosmic age, through a series of twenty-four Tirthankaras...whose lifetimes collectively stretch over a period of nearly nine million years."
(HarperCollins dictionary of religion)

You seem to of heard right.

our Creator is the author of authentic Judaism and later Christianity. i'll go further and say there is one true church among many. the Jews were chosen by God and now it's the Romans, and secondarily christians.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
my creator gave to us the knowlede to walk in ballance on mother earth... creator is the source of our relgious belief and our culture...

every church believes its the 'one true church'... it would be silly otherwise...

"come join our not so true religion, we sorta' offer you eternal bliss and a pretty good shot at going someplace a bit better than here once your dead."

It just wouldn't work now would it :lol:

wa:-do

God was inferring His Mother, Mary as the new eve. she would crush the serpent with her heel. u might enjoy reading or rereading Isaaih(spelling?) it is a very wonderful prophetic book. Jesus fulfilled all prophecy. his death and ressurection, which anyone may share was prophesized and fulfilled. without a ressurection, there is no hope for us.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
there is no 'eve' in my creation stories...

we have our own prophesies... and some are being fofilled right now...

our hope is for a good future for our children and thier childrens children... we are happy to join creator when we die and don't need to worry about coming back as a raised copse. 8)

wa:-do