• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity is not the only way to God

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I don't believe its complicated. Its very direct, plain and says what it means. I find it bizarre how all of a sudden, normal reading comprehension flies out the window ,when it comes to the bible .
You just do not understand and you probably never will.
It does not SAY anything. You interpret it and you assign a meaning to the words.
If it could only mean one thing then everyone would believe it means the same thing, but they don't. That is why there are so many sects of Christianity. Christians do not agree upon what the Bible means.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I meant ' works ' righteousness. Where the religion teaches essentially you have to work for your salvation . By good deeds ect . Take Islam for example . You recite a saying which gets you initiated into Islam. Then you have to practice the' pillars ' , do good deeds , pilgrimages , pray 5 times a day. So that on the final day of judgment it will be tested if your good deeds out weighed your bad . All religions in some form or another teach this type of programme. Its how you can spot them . Mormonism , J dubs , Catholicism, ect its all the same message with a few different themes .
You want a free ride on the back of Jesus and you believe that is what Christianity is offering you. You can believe that if you want to and you will just have to find out after you die if it was true.

I do not believe that it is those practices that gets you to heaven. I believe it is recognition of the Manifestation of God for this age and obedience to God's Laws.

John1.12

Free gift
I believe it too, but I interpret it differently than you do.
The text does not speak. The text needs to be interpreted to MEAN something.
What does it mean to you?
The text ' says 'as it reads . I believe what SAYS . With context. Simple reading comprehension. Asking simple 'who , what, when, why , where questions . It really is that simple.

John1.12

Free gift
You just do not understand and you probably never will.
It does not SAY anything. You interpret it and you assign a meaning to the words.
If it could only mean one thing then everyone would believe it means the same thing, but they don't. That is why there are so many sects of Christianity. Christians do not agree upon what the Bible means.
Because they don't believe what it SAYS . Thats why we have all the sects ect .

John1.12

Free gift
You want a free ride on the back of Jesus and you believe that is what Christianity is offering you. You can believe that if you want to and you will just have to find out after you die if it was true.

I do not believe that it is those practices that gets you to heaven. I believe it is recognition of the Manifestation of God for this age and obedience to God's Laws.
And why do you believe that ?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The text ' says 'as it reads . I believe what SAYS . With context. Simple reading comprehension. Asking simple 'who , what, when, why , where questions . It really is that simple.
The text does not say anything because it does not talk.
You read it and it means something to you.
Show me the same verses and they will mean something different to me.
So who is right about the meaning?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Because they don't believe what it SAYS . Thats why we have all the sects ect .
Of course that could say the same thing about you, and they do. So you think you know what it means and they don't know what it means. Who gave you the authority to interpret the Bible? Jesus certainly didn't.

It is incredible how Christians cannot even see what they are doing. They all believe they are right about what the Bible means but they cannot all be right since many of their interpretations are contradictory. It is just ego that makes them believe they are right and others are wrong.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It says THEM who's ' them '?
Them is the unrighteous who will go away to everlasting punishment.

Matthew 25:41-46 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
And why do you believe that ?
Because that is what my religion teaches. It is called the Twin Duties.

“The first duty prescribed by God for His servants is the recognition of Him Who is the Day Spring of His Revelation and the Fountain of His laws, Who representeth the Godhead in both the Kingdom of His Cause and the world of creation. Whoso achieveth this duty hath attained unto all good; and whoso is deprived thereof, hath gone astray, though he be the author of every righteous deed. It behoveth every one who reacheth this most sublime station, this summit of transcendent glory, to observe every ordinance of Him Who is the Desire of the world. These twin duties are inseparable. Neither is acceptable without the other. Thus hath it been decreed by Him Who is the Source of Divine inspiration.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 330-331

John1.12

Free gift
Because that is what my religion teaches. It is called the Twin Duties.

“The first duty prescribed by God for His servants is the recognition of Him Who is the Day Spring of His Revelation and the Fountain of His laws, Who representeth the Godhead in both the Kingdom of His Cause and the world of creation. Whoso achieveth this duty hath attained unto all good; and whoso is deprived thereof, hath gone astray, though he be the author of every righteous deed. It behoveth every one who reacheth this most sublime station, this summit of transcendent glory, to observe every ordinance of Him Who is the Desire of the world. These twin duties are inseparable. Neither is acceptable without the other. Thus hath it been decreed by Him Who is the Source of Divine inspiration.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 330-331
Ah I see ,you follow a religion that teaches stuff to you . I cannot personally go there . I'm curious as to why and how people fall into these beliefs but I'm still surprised why they do.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Pick a verse and let's see .
Here are some verses I interpreted a long time ago so I will leave you with this for tonight because it is very late here.
I'll be back tomorrow.

The following is what I believe. In 1 Corinthians 15:12-22, Paul was referring to a spiritual resurrection. That Jesus was raised up means His spirit was resurrected; brought back to life. If Christ’s spirit was not brought back to life, then your faith would be in vain and you would still be in your sins. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive means that all shall be made spiritually alive, not physically rise and be alive in bodies. That does not mean Jesus’ soul (spirit) was brought back to life (because the soul cannot die, so it does not need to be brought back to life); it means that the Cause of Christ (what He taught and represented) were brought back to life after three days... Had it NOT been brought back to life you would still be in your sins because it was the Cause of Christ that needed to be brought back to life in order to save people from their sins. People needed to get the Gospel message that Jesus taught and the disciples needed to carry that far and wide. Their faith in Jesus needed to be renewed (resurrected) after Jesus had died and the disciples lost all hope.

I do not believe that a physical body can come back to life after three days; that goes against all that is known by science. Moreover, even if such a miracle happened to Jesus, I do not believe that means that the physical bodies of all the believers that ever lived are going to come up out of their graves when Jesus returns. 13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: and 16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: refers to rising from spiritual death, rising from the graves of ignorance of Christ, not to anyone rising from physical graves. Had the Cause of Christ not been brought back to life after three days, everyone would have remained in their sins and in spiritual death.

I believe that 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death refers to spiritual death. The physical body was never designed to live forever, but the soul is immortal so it can never die. Those souls who believe in Jesus have eternal life (everlasting life) because they are near to God; other souls who are veiled from God continue to exist in the spiritual world after their physical body dies, but, in comparison with the holy existence of the children of the Kingdom of God, they are nonexistent because they are separated from God.

Thus I believe that eternal life refers to a quality of life, gaining the rewards of the heaven, which are peace, the spiritual graces, the various spiritual gifts in the Kingdom of God, the gaining of the desires of the heart and the soul, and the meeting of God. Eternal life does not refer to continuance or duration of life, since all souls live forever.

John1.12

Free gift
Of course that could say the same thing about you, and they do. So you think you know what it means and they don't know what it means. Who gave you the authority to interpret the Bible? Jesus certainly didn't.

It is incredible how Christians cannot even see what they are doing. They all believe they are right about what the Bible means but they cannot all be right since many of their interpretations are contradictory. It is just ego that makes them believe they are right and others are wrong.
///Who gave you the authority to interpret the Bible? /// Wow !! this is an incredible thing to say. Yes many have tried to keep the bible from the ' ordinary ' folk but I'm still surprised to still see this mentality today out side Catholicism.

reading comprehension is very simple. What is wrong with approaching the bible, simply reading it ?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Ah I see ,you follow a religion that teaches stuff to you . I cannot personally go there . I'm curious as to why and how people fall into these beliefs but I'm still surprised why they do.
My religion does not teach stuff to me. I teach myself.
You are a Christian so you cannot believe any other religion could ever be true, I get it.
I'm curious as to why and how people fall into Christian beliefs but I'm still surprised that they do.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
///Who gave you the authority to interpret the Bible? /// Wow !! this is an incredible thing to say. Yes many have tried to keep the bible from the ' ordinary ' folk but I'm still surprised to still see this mentality today out side Catholicism.

reading comprehension is very simple. What is wrong with approaching the bible, simply reading it ?
You can read it but that is no guarantee you will understand what it means (what God intended for it to mean).
The same verses can have more than one meaning and more than one meaning can be correct, but some meanings you assign can be incorrect.

John1.12

Free gift
Here are some verses I interpreted a long time ago so I will leave you with this for tonight because it is very late here.
I'll be back tomorrow.

The following is what I believe. In 1 Corinthians 15:12-22, Paul was referring to a spiritual resurrection. That Jesus was raised up means His spirit was resurrected; brought back to life. If Christ’s spirit was not brought back to life, then your faith would be in vain and you would still be in your sins. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive means that all shall be made spiritually alive, not physically rise and be alive in bodies. That does not mean Jesus’ soul (spirit) was brought back to life (because the soul cannot die, so it does not need to be brought back to life); it means that the Cause of Christ (what He taught and represented) were brought back to life after three days... Had it NOT been brought back to life you would still be in your sins because it was the Cause of Christ that needed to be brought back to life in order to save people from their sins. People needed to get the Gospel message that Jesus taught and the disciples needed to carry that far and wide. Their faith in Jesus needed to be renewed (resurrected) after Jesus had died and the disciples lost all hope.

I do not believe that a physical body can come back to life after three days; that goes against all that is known by science. Moreover, even if such a miracle happened to Jesus, I do not believe that means that the physical bodies of all the believers that ever lived are going to come up out of their graves when Jesus returns. 13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: and 16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: refers to rising from spiritual death, rising from the graves of ignorance of Christ, not to anyone rising from physical graves. Had the Cause of Christ not been brought back to life after three days, everyone would have remained in their sins and in spiritual death.

I believe that 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death refers to spiritual death. The physical body was never designed to live forever, but the soul is immortal so it can never die. Those souls who believe in Jesus have eternal life (everlasting life) because they are near to God; other souls who are veiled from God continue to exist in the spiritual world after their physical body dies, but, in comparison with the holy existence of the children of the Kingdom of God, they are nonexistent because they are separated from God.

Thus I believe that eternal life refers to a quality of life, gaining the rewards of the heaven, which are peace, the spiritual graces, the various spiritual gifts in the Kingdom of God, the gaining of the desires of the heart and the soul, and the meeting of God. Eternal life does not refer to continuance or duration of life, since all souls live forever.
Ok let's do something even more simple .
Just a random verse in the book of Acts . literally dropping a finger on the page , ok here : Acts 2
1¶And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

Ok even before we look at the who ,what, when, what, where questions i can readily read that the when and where is the day of pentacost, they are all in one place ( jews ) . I can read that suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

Ok this may seem child like ,but it really is this simple . The approach I mean .

John1.12

Free gift
My religion does not teach stuff to me. I teach myself.
You are a Christian so you cannot believe any other religion could ever be true, I get it.
I'm curious as to why and how people fall into Christian beliefs but I'm still surprised that they do.
?? This is what you said //Because that is what my religion teaches. It is called the Twin Duties.//

John1.12

Free gift
You can read it but that is no guarantee you will understand what it means (what God intended for it to mean).
The same verses can have more than one meaning and more than one meaning can be correct, but some meanings you assign can be incorrect.
Do you do that with the Daily news paper ? " oh
You can read it but that is no guarantee you will understand what it means (what the reporter intended for it to mean).
The same words can have more than one meaning and more than one meaning can be correct, but some meanings you assign can be incorrect."
This is silly . Where did you get that idea from ?