• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity is not the only way to God

John1.12

Free gift
That is exactly what you do. interpret text in such a way as to introduce your own presuppositions, agendas or biases, when you assume it was the BODY of Jesus that was taken up, when it does not say body. It says "this same Jesus." It does not say "this same body of Jesus."

Apparently what you do not understand is that a person is not their body, a person is their spirit (soul).
When a person dies their body dies and their soul leaves the body and continues to live.

Christians glorify the physical body of Jesus as if that was Jesus but it was not Jesus, it was just a body.
Jesus made it perfectly clear that the flesh body is not important yet Christians still glorify His body.

John 3:5-7 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
Jesus is in a ' glorified ' body after the resurrection. Same body ( no blood ) flesh and bone . The same way in which we Christians will recieve.

John1.12

Free gift
Do you want to know what was made up? The entire resurrection story was made up.
Jesus never rose from the dead and walked around town in a physical body, it was just a story men made up.
There was no need for Jesus to "change back" into a spirit because Jesus became a spirit as soon as his physical body died on the cross. The same thing happens to everyone when they die.

421. When the body is no longer able to perform the bodily functions in the natural world that correspond to the spirit’s thoughts and affections, which the spirit has from the spiritual world, man is said to die. This takes place when the respiration of the lungs and the beatings of the heart cease. But the man does not die; he is merely separated from the bodily part that was of use to him in the world, while the man himself continues to live. It is said that the man himself continues to live since man is not a man because of his body but because of his spirit, for it is the spirit that thinks in man, and thought with affection is what constitutes man. Evidently, then, the death of man is merely his passing from one world into another. And this is why in the Word in its internal sense “death” signifies resurrection and continuation of life. Heaven and Hell, p. 351

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was, and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
That's not what the bible says . I'm aware of what many strange things are said about Jesus from strange sources.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Jesus is in a ' glorified ' body after the resurrection. Same body ( no blood ) flesh and bone . The same way in which we Christians will recieve.
Not according to Paul or the Bible, just according to Christian beliefs. What you believe is not even IN the Bible. You just grabbed verses from chapters that are not even related and slapped them together and came up with a belief.

The physical body of Jesus was not resurrected and changed from a corruptible body into an incorruptible and immortal body because a physical body cannot be changed into a spiritual body that will never die. Rather, there are two different kinds of bodies, as Paul said:

--- The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.

--- For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

What Paul wrote below is right on the money. I picked the most pertinent verses from the chapter because that helps to see it clearer. Our physical bodies will die and we will be raised as spiritual bodies. Paul says that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God and that means they cannot exist in heaven. When Paul says these dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever, he is referring to the spiritual world (heaven), which will last forever.

1 Corinthians 15:40-54 New Living Translation

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.

44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.

51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!

54 Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die,[c] this Scripture will be fulfilled: “Death is swallowed up in victory.[d]

Read full chapter

John1.12

Free gift
Not according to Paul or the Bible, just according to Christian beliefs. What you believe is not even IN the Bible. You just grabbed verses from chapters that are not even related and slapped them together and came up with a belief.

The physical body of Jesus was not resurrected and changed from a corruptible body into an incorruptible and immortal body because a physical body cannot be changed into a spiritual body that will never die. Rather, there are two different kinds of bodies, as Paul said:

--- The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.

What Paul wrote below is right on the money. I picked the most pertinent verses from the chapter because that helps to see it clearer. Our physical bodies will die and we will be raised as spiritual bodies. Paul says that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God and that means they cannot exist in heaven. When Paul says these dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever, he is referring to the spiritual world (heaven), which will last forever.

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.

44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.

51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!

54 Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die,[c] this Scripture will be fulfilled: “Death is swallowed up in victory.[d]

Read full chapter
Yes a ' transformed ' Body . Glorification for believers . Only those in Christ . Are you in Christ ?

John1.12

Free gift

Read full chapter
Rom 8 .
If this isn't you then you must do something about it .
Rom 8
16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

18¶For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the MANIFESTATION of the sons of God.

20For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of OUR BODY .

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes a ' transformed ' Body . Glorification for believers . Only those in Christ . Are you in Christ ?
No, the physical body will not be transformed into a spiritual body. Our physical bodies will die and we will be raised as spiritual bodies. That will happen to everyone who dies, not just Christians.

Bible Gateway passage: 1 Corinthians 15 - New Living Translation

Paul said nothing bout it just being Christians. That is another false assumption made by Christians.

John1.12

Free gift
That is not a strange source. The man who wrote that was a Christian and everything he believed was based upon the Bible.
Why not go direct to the bible . Joseph Smith also tried to ' base' his teachings on the bible also. Many cults and religions do this.

John1.12

Free gift
No, the physical body will not be transformed into a spiritual body. Our physical bodies will die and we will be raised as spiritual bodies. That will happen to everyone who dies, not just Christians.

Paul said nothing bout it just being Christians. That is another false assumption made by Christians.
Yes our bodies die and rot in the ground, unless the Lord returns then my body won't die . Yes unbelievers will also be given a new body but there destination, sadly is not the same .

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yes our bodies die and rot in the ground, unless the Lord returns then my body won't die . Yes unbelievers will also be given a new body but there destination, sadly is not the same .
How about believers from other spiritual paths? Isnt it more about how we are as human beings and how we behave toward others, pluss how we understand and follow the teachings of the religion?

John1.12

Free gift

Only those in Chirst receive a body like his body. Thats the difference between believers and unbelievers. Unbelievers will be given new bodies but not the same ' glorified ' ones .

John1.12

Free gift
How about believers from other spiritual paths? Isnt it more about how we are as human beings and how we behave toward others, pluss how we understand and follow the teachings of the religion?
No there is salvation in no one else other than Jesus. John 14.6 . There's only one way to be glorified .

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Bible does not say any of that.......
Your beliefs were all created by slapping verses together.
Your body will die and you will be raised in a spiritual body and that is not contingent upon Jesus coming back, because if it was you would never get a body at all since Jesus is not coming back.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.