• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity is not the only way to God

John1.12

Free gift
Did you miss the examples I gave of both what it says in Romans 2 how that you have gentiles with the word written upon their hearts, as well as what Jesus said?

"Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness"
What I said, is scriptural. Why are you saying the above is a "wild truth claim" I made? Don't forget too, Jesus called the pagan Roman Centurion, the greatest faith he'd seen in all of Israel. It appears to me, from scripture itself, that God has children in other cultures who hear his voice. I think you don't understand something important from the teachings of Jesus and the early church.

You used to believe that people could find God in any culture, religion, or time in history, but then you threw all that out in favor of everyone in the world is blind and lost, unless they understand God and worship in the way you do?

You claim I have wishful thinking. I think it's better to call it "hopeful thinking", meaning it offers the world hope. In the case of your thinking now, for whatever reason brought you to this dark view of humanity and God, I would maybe call that unloving thinking, but probably just dark thinking is more what it is. How does it make you feel, may I ask, to see God in that way, not speaking to anyone unless they get saved first in a Christian church?

I just cannot swallow that awful horsepill. It's got to cause some disturbance somewhere trying to choke that down. It did for me, when I used to think that way because of what others taught me in my early years.
Romans 2 is talking about un saved Gentiles who by nature do things because they have a conscience ,the things contained in the law . They do it with out realising it is the point .

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
They would be demonic . I could tell you of real experiences prior to being a Christian that i now realise were bad spirits. They can come as ' angels of light ' the bible warns .
That is true, there are bad people and false beliefs out there ready to entrap us, like wolves in sheep's clothing, but that does not mean that there are no true religions other than Christianity. To assume that is to commit the fallacy of hasty generalization.

Hasty generalization is an informal fallacy of faulty generalization by reaching an inductive generalization based on insufficient evidence—essentially making a hasty conclusion without considering all of the variables.

Faulty generalization - Wikipedia

John1.12

Free gift
Acts 1:9-11 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

As I said before, Bible verses can have more than one interpretation. I am well aware of these verses and I have discussed them at length with Christians for many years. As such, I already have an interpretation.

I believe that the disciples were staring up into the sky as the spirit of Jesus was taken up to heaven out of their sight. The two men dressed in white (angels) came along and asked why they were staring up into the sky because they wondered why the disciples were staring up into the sky. Then the angels told the disciples that the same spirit of Jesus that was taken up to heaven will return just as it went to heaven, in like manner.

The verse does not say that the disciples saw a body go up. It was the Christ Spirit that ascended, not a body, which is why the angels wondered why the disciples were staring into the sky, since there was nothing to look at. That makes perfect sense since angels can see spirits.

Descending from heaven upon the clouds means that the spirit of Jesus, the Christ Spirit, will be made manifest from the heaven of the will of God and will appear in the form of the human temple. Though delivered from the womb of Mary, Jesus in reality descended from the heaven of the will of God. Baha’u’llah descended in like manner, from the heaven of the will of God.

“But as the clergy have neither understood the meaning of the Gospels nor comprehended the symbols, therefore, it has been said that religion is in contradiction to science, and science in opposition to religion, as, for example, this subject of the ascension of Christ with an elemental body to the visible heaven is contrary to the science of mathematics. But when the truth of this subject becomes clear, and the symbol is explained, science in no way contradicts it; but, on the contrary, science and the intelligence affirm it.” Some Answered Questions, pp. 104-105
The angel does not say //same spirit of Jesus that was taken up// So you made that up lol
Just a few days prior to his ascension this happens:
36¶And as they thus spake, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

37But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit .

38And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

39Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

40¶And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

41And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43And he took it, and did EAT before them.

John1.12

Free gift
That is true, there are bad people and false beliefs out there ready to entrap us, like wolves in sheep's clothing, but that does not mean that there are no true religions other than Christianity. To assume that is to commit the fallacy of hasty generalization.

Hasty generalization is an informal fallacy of faulty generalization by reaching an inductive generalization based on insufficient evidence—essentially making a hasty conclusion without considering all of the variables.

Faulty generalization - Wikipedia
My claim comes from the bible ,which says There are no other gods ,only false gods , demons , false spirits , Angels , fallen angels ect .

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The angel does not say //same spirit of Jesus that was taken up// So you made that up lol
The angel does not say //same body of Jesus that was taken up// so there is no reason to believe it was the body of Jesus that was taken up.

The verses says nothing about a body.

Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

John1.12

Free gift
The angel does not say //same body of Jesus that was taken up// so there is no reason to believe it was the body of Jesus that was taken up.

The verses says nothing about a body.

Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
Yes this same HE : Luke 24

39Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

John1.12

Free gift
What do you mean by twist?
Its where a person turns the plain reading of verses ,changes the words , and changes the meaning into something else that is not written . Also:
Eisegesis (/ˌaɪsɪˈdʒiːsɪs/) is the process of interpreting text in such a way as to introduce one's own presuppositions, agendas or biases. It is commonly referred to as reading into the text.[1] It is often done to "prove" a pre-held point of concern, and to provide confirmation bias corresponding with the pre-held interpretation and any agendas supported by it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes this same HE : Luke 24

There is no connection whatsoever between those verses so there is no reason to believe it is the body of Jesus that was taken up, except that is what you want to believe.

John1.12

Free gift
There is no connection whatsoever between those verses so there is no reason to believe it is the body of Jesus that was taken up, except that is what you want to believe.
There is only 40 days after his resurrection. No verse says he changes into a spirit before he ascends . This is completely made up lol .

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Its where a person turns the plain reading of verses ,changes the words , and changes the meaning into something else that is not written . Also:
Eisegesis (/ˌaɪsɪˈdʒiːsɪs/) is the process of interpreting text in such a way as to introduce one's own presuppositions, agendas or biases. It is commonly referred to as reading into the text.[1] It is often done to "prove" a pre-held point of concern, and to provide confirmation bias corresponding with the pre-held interpretation and any agendas supported by it.
That is exactly what you do. interpret text in such a way as to introduce your own presuppositions, agendas or biases, when you assume it was the BODY of Jesus that was taken up, when it does not say body. It says "this same Jesus." It does not say "this same body of Jesus."

Apparently what you do not understand is that a person is not their body, a person is their spirit (soul).
When a person dies their body dies and their soul leaves the body and continues to live.

Christians glorify the physical body of Jesus as if that was Jesus but it was not Jesus, it was just a body.
Jesus made it perfectly clear that the flesh body is not important yet Christians still glorify His body.

John 3:5-7 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
There is only 40 days after his resurrection. No verse says he changes into a spirit before he ascends . This is completely made up lol .
Do you want to know what was made up? The entire resurrection story was made up.
Jesus never rose from the dead and walked around town in a physical body, it was just a story men made up.
There was no need for Jesus to "change back" into a spirit because Jesus became a spirit as soon as his physical body died on the cross. The same thing happens to everyone when they die.

421. When the body is no longer able to perform the bodily functions in the natural world that correspond to the spirit’s thoughts and affections, which the spirit has from the spiritual world, man is said to die. This takes place when the respiration of the lungs and the beatings of the heart cease. But the man does not die; he is merely separated from the bodily part that was of use to him in the world, while the man himself continues to live. It is said that the man himself continues to live since man is not a man because of his body but because of his spirit, for it is the spirit that thinks in man, and thought with affection is what constitutes man. Evidently, then, the death of man is merely his passing from one world into another. And this is why in the Word in its internal sense “death” signifies resurrection and continuation of life. Heaven and Hell, p. 351

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was, and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That verse is literally saying he is not a Spirit .
It does not matter what a verse in Luke says since that is just part of a story men made up.

What many liberal theologians believe about Jesus' death

“Many liberal and some mainline Christian leaders believe that Jesus died during the crucifixion, did not resurrect himself, and was not bodily resurrected by God. At his death, his mind ceased to function and his body started the decomposition process. Returning to life a day and a half later would have been quite impossible. The story of having been wrapped in linen and anointed with myrrh seems to have been copied from the story of the death of Osiris -- the Egyptian God of the earth, vegetation and grain. The legend that he visited the underworld between his death and resurrection was simply copied from common Pagan themes of surrounding cultures. One example again was Osiris. "With his original association to agriculture, his death and resurrection were seen as symbolic of the annual death and re-growth of the crops and the yearly flooding of the Nile." 1

They also believe that Paul regarded the resurrection to be an act of God in which Jesus was a passive recipient of God's power. Paul did not mention the empty tomb, the visit by a woman or women, the stone, the angel/angels/man/men at the tomb, and reunion of Jesus with his followers in his resuscitated body. Rather, he believed that Jesus was taken up into heaven in a spirit body. It was only later, from about 70 to 110 CE when the four canonic Gospels were written, that the Christians believed that Jesus rose from the grave in his original body, and by his own power.”

http://www.religioustolerance.org/resur_lt.htm

That has nothing to do with Acts 1:9-11 which does not say a body went up. That belief is based upon assumptions you have made, which were wrong right out of the gate. Even Paul believed that the spirit of Jesus left His body when Jesus died and it was raised in a spiritual body, not raised in a physical body.