• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Trump Supporters

However, you are the God believer. Doesn't it ever occur to you to wonder why a supposedly anti-abortion God aborts 25% of all pregnancies? Or do you just blindly accept such things?
Your perspective is warped so nothing you say about God bothers me, just shows me you don’t know Him. Seems your just an angry person and not worth talking to about spiritual things.

F1fan

Veteran Member
No, was about the “anti-choice” comment and you’ll have to ask God for yourself if you have questions concerning Him.
The anti-choice movement isn't being run by any God, it's being run by people who have a single political interest (much like the gun lobby) and ignore other crucial issues of morality, like child welfare, better schools, and most of all, healthcare for children and mothers.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
This mantra is always being used even while Christians are a group of people that do more for people in poverty that any other group.
I would really like to see supporting evidence for that claim.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I would really like to see supporting evidence for that claim.
What part. Feeding, reaching the homeless, housing the homeless, counseling, self-help programs, medical/dental, showers, transitional housing, job helps, clothing, cold night shelters, mentoring...

The reality is that there isn't a sector that Christians aren't involved in.

As one person noted "Churches provide everything from meals, tangible goods, child care, lodging, counseling, courses, career services, and more. All of those services would not show up on a balance sheet as outreach/service to poor individuals because they tend to just be a part of the life of the community."
How much money do churches in the US annually donate or spend on helping the poor? - Fresh Vine

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
For Christian Trump supporters: please provide a scripturally-based argument for your decision to back this man (without changing the subject to denigrate any opponent), including an explanation for rejecting scripture that clearly casts this person, based on his speech and actions (past and present), as an unfit ruler.

Half of Christians are GOP. He cornered the evangelical vote, not the other Christians' votes.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Actually, the Christian vote isn't as homogenous as one would think though. The media has convinced people of that as it was reported that 18% voted for Biden and almost another 2% for other.

However, there would be many factors why they voted for Trump.

1. Democratic Platform promotes abortion through 9 months
  2. Redefinition of marriage
  3. Religious liberty
  4. Have the mention of God stay in Government
  5. Anti-school choice
  6. promoting of sex in education instead of sex-education

These are probably mitigating circumstances where they may swing towards the Republican vote.

But there are varying opinions on the different points.

Marriage has been redefined many times, even during the Bible times. How many OT men have multiple wives and that's okay?
Religious liberty to the religious right means Christian liberty. The mention of any gods should never had been in government. Christians have been shown favoritism erroneously in the past. No more. The religious right likes teaching abstinence in school, even though 95% of folks, including 80% of evangelical type of Christians, have sex before marriage.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
First, there are a lot of reasons to not trust Trump or vote for him. These are some of the Scriptural reasons I did.
Who is King Cyrus, and why did Netanyahu compare him to Trump?
He supported Israel.
““I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.””
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭12:2-3‬ ‭NIV‬‬
He is pro life and supports families instead of abortion.
“They shed innocent blood, the blood of their sons and daughters, whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan, and the land was desecrated by their blood.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭106:38‬ ‭NIV‬‬
*He supported Christians and the Bible
*He supported freedom for individuals
*He supported personal responsibility and businesses, encouraged people to work, helped create a environment for people to excel.
“For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.””
‭‭2 Thessalonians‬ ‭3:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬
There are other reasons too but I don’t agree that it’s the federal governments responsibility to provide for the poor or things like healthcare, I believe the US Constitution was given to us by God so the candidate that will do the best job upholding the Constitution and protecting the US is who I vote for. Trump was the best candidate and proved that.

He pandered to the religious right but didn't live that life himself. Sounds pretty hypocritical to me. He played them like a bad fiddle.

F1fan

Veteran Member
which children are you talking about?
Children OF NEED. Maybe you missed the "of need" part. You know, poverty. Lack of resources. Lack of food, clean water, clean clothes, etc.

Where is the movement by conservative Christians to take care of children suffering from lack of resources?

Right now there is a bill in Congress that will help poor parents cover costs of raising children. Why aren't republicans backing it?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Only problem with that is 100% of human beings start there, you did and I did so where are you going to draw the line? As a believer God says He knew me in the womb when I was conceived.

That was about Jeremiah and his reluctance to be a prophet. So are all fetuses appointed as prophet to the nations? No, but Jeremiah was. Finish the verse.

That was about Jeremiah and his reluctance to be a prophet. So are all fetuses appointed as prophet to the nations? No, but Jeremiah was. Finish the verse.
It was David who wrote Psalm 139 that I referenced.
Jeremiah said this:
““Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.””
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭1:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬
So as far as God is concerned He knows us before we are even born, He is the author of life.
Getting back to the OP though, Trump is pro-life, It was an easy decision considering the values of the other party.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Only problem with that is 100% of human beings start there, you did and I did so where are you going to draw the line?
Facts. Science. Reason. Objectivity.

The conservative right ignores all of these factors when it exploits the emotions of Christians. They are very good at this emotional manipulation.

As a believer God says He knew me in the womb when I was conceived.
You believe in a dogma that you adopted from other people. People before them interpreted the Bible a certain way to make certain moral claims. You are not presenting facts that inform your morals, you are repeating dogma you have adopted from other people. It's obsolete given the realities of what we understand about the universe and animals, which includes humans.

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭139:13‬ ‭NIV‬‬
So I’m going to agree with God on that.
Text in a book is not a God. Who told you it was? Why did you believe them?

You need to be a bit more savvy than this to debate morality.

You call it “anti-choice”, that’s a convenient way to justify killing an innocent baby,
Zygotes or fetuses aren't babies. See how you adopt misinformation and it makes you look poorly informed and manipulated in debate?

the choice should be made before having sex.
Then you make that decision for yourself, and leave others to manage their own fairs, unless you are a God. Are you a God and need to invest yourself in the affairs of people you don't know?

And I’m talking specifically about the pregnancies due to sex outside of marriage between 2 consenting adults.
Let them be responsible for their behavior. It's none of your business.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
It was David who wrote Psalm 139 that I referenced.
Jeremiah said this:
““Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.””
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭1:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬
So as far as God is concerned He knows us before we are even born, He is the author of life.
Getting back to the OP though, Trump is pro-life, It was an easy decision considering the values of the other party.

But why did he kill or order the killing of so many fetuses and pregnant women in the Old Testament? He sure doesn't like fetuses that are not Hebrew.

Facts. Science. Reason. Objectivity.

The conservative right ignores all of these factors when it exploits the emotions of Christians. They are very good at this emotional manipulation.

You believe in a dogma that you adopted from other people. People before them interpreted the Bible a certain way to make certain moral claims. You are not presenting facts that inform your morals, you are repeating dogma you have adopted from other people. It's obsolete given the realities of what we understand about the universe and animals, which includes humans.

Text in a book is not a God. Who told you it was? Why did you believe them?

You need to be a bit more savvy than this to debate morality.

Zygotes or fetuses aren't babies. See how you adopt misinformation and it makes you look poorly informed and manipulated in debate?

Then you make that decision for yourself, and leave others to manage their own fairs, unless you are a God. Are you a God and need to invest yourself in the affairs of people you don't know?

Let them be responsible for their behavior. It's none of your business.
So we go from the OP as to biblical reasons how
Christians supported Trump to here. So I would say you have made it clear for me that Trump was a way better option for Christians than the Democrat platform that it’s fine to kill innocent children and none of your business if we do crowd.

But why did he kill or order the killing of so many fetuses and pregnant women in the Old Testament? He sure doesn't like fetuses that are not Hebrew.
You’ll have to search that out for yourself and get those answers, this OP really isn’t about that. The Bible does say why though but don’t think you’re really interested in the answer and seem disingenuous.

The answer I hear is that God isn't accountable to the moral he sets for humans.

Of course that means morals aren't absolute. So there's goes that.
You see how far off you are in your thinking like God has to answer to you. So no God doesn’t have to answer to you, you have to answer and give an account to Him and you will. God isn’t immoral, He is a perfect judge, He is Holy, and all His judgements are just. You’ll see and understand when you see Him face to face. Read the end of Job.