• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Trinity

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I don't believe aspects are parts. I don't believe God has a separate compartment for omnipresence and omniscience. I believe He is omniscient wherever He is.

being omnipresent isn't the same as being omniscient.

they mean two different things.

i eat doesn't mean the same as i am eating green eggs nor i am eating green ham. eggs are not ham and ham is not eggs

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I believe a bunch of folks got together and decided the Trinity was the truth. As if the truth could be decided democratically.

personally i believe the idea was borrowed from other belief systems because E=m(c*c). einstein said that the two things were different forms of the same thing.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I believe the Truth stands on its own. It is good to have a majority stand for it though.

I used to believe that too. Now I honestly believe we each create or own truth. Religion claims a truth but we accept it and make it our own. Or reject it and the rejection becomes our truth.

Truth should be the same truth for everybody right? I used to think that too. Just doesn't work out that way. Least not in any way we humans would know of it.

Truth is just humans pretending to know something. This seems to be the practical reality of it.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
personally i believe the idea was borrowed from other belief systems
It wasn't borrowed exactly. "Appropriated" would be a better word.
Demi-gods and resurrection and such were all long established religious memes before Christians started creating a new God in their image.
People did that a lot back in the day.
Tom

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
This, in brief, is the amazing story of how the doctrine of the Trinity came to be introduced—and how those who refused to accept it came to be branded as heretics or unbelievers.
The Surprising Origins of the Trinity Doctrine

Valentinus (Gnostic) - Wikipedia

and

Religious Forums The Trinity = A Gnostic Concept

the trinitarian concept is actually known to the hindus as the "Creator" the Father Abraham, the "Destroyer" Shaitan, and the "Preserver(savior)" Comforter.

gnosticism

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It wasn't borrowed exactly. "Appropriated" would be a better word.
Demi-gods and resurrection and such were all long established religious memes before Christians started creating a new God in their image.
People did that a lot back in the day.
Tom

the truth can't be owned, mysticism and gnosticism aren't unique to any given culture. cultures are unique, their ideas generally aren't. so ideas are enculturated and formed under the culture that they appear. cultures are formed from their unique environments.

the idea of eating apples can be accomplished in many forms, varieties, and recipes for apples.

InChrist

Free4ever
Are all aspects of the trinity equal?

John 10:29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

John 14:28
You have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If you loved me, you would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
I believe one important point to consider is that when Jesus spoke these words he was speaking from the position of His humanity, which He temporarily lowered Himself into when He became flesh (human). Other scriptures in the Bible indicate prior to His time on earth He existed in an eternal, glorified, and exalted state equal and at one with His Father. A state to which He returned after His resurrection.

Last edited:

rusra02

Premium Member

My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

You have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If you loved me, you would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
IMO, neither the word "Trinity " nor the concept appear in the Holy Scriptures.

Repox

Truth Seeker

One of the biggest problems of the Trinity is it is illogical. How can God be eternal when He had a son. Having a son means one-third of the Trinity had a beginning, which means the Trinity, or God, is not eternal. The solution to the problem is God is duality, and the two Gods are eternal. There is no holy spirit, church leaders threw it in. Also, much of religious dogma is justified by "the holy spirit told me." You cannot remove the holy spirit from God. Humans don't have the holy spirit, it's God's property. Ha. Ha.

Last edited:

igno remos

1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 1

an aspect is a part and not an absolute unto itself. it is a thing among things about something.

Your math is very flawed. What you are saying is that three persons with less powers than a g0d is equal to g0d. You have demoted Yahweh to a third of a god. And so is Jesus and the holy spirit. Terrible fail. Try harder again. Please understand that Abrahamic religion is monotheism. Judaism's Yahweh and Islam's Allah is. Christianity's Trinity is polytheistic and paganistic similar to the hindu's Trimurti deity (Brahma the creator, Vishnu the preserver and Shiva the destroyer. the deities clearly have different powers, responsibilities, and functions.). Like the man says, the Christian Trinity is an oxymoron. Shalom.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I believe one important point to consider is that when Jesus spoke these words he was speaking from the position of His humanity, which He temporarily lowered Himself into when He became flesh (human). Other scriptures in the Bible indicate prior to His time on earth He existed in an eternal, glorified, and exalted state equal and at one with His Father. A state to which He returned after His resurrection.

we all became flesh; if all of us have the Spirit of God?

1 Corinthians 3:16
Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
IMO, neither the word "Trinity " nor the concept appear in the Holy Scriptures.

1 John 5:8
the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
One of the biggest problems of the Trinity is it is illogical. How can God be eternal when He had a son. Having a son means one-third of the Trinity had a beginning, which means the Trinity, or God, is not eternal. The solution to the problem is God is duality, and the two Gods are eternal. There is no holy spirit, church leaders threw it in. Also, much of religious dogma is justified by "the holy spirit told me." You cannot remove the holy spirit from God. Humans don't have the holy spirit, it's God's property. Ha. Ha.

god is not a man, nor anthropomorphic, that he had a male mankind solely as his offspring. everything that is created of God, everything in heaven and earth would be the offspring. isaiah 66 tells you this. Christ would be the son in this case; as noted, in Colossians 3:11.

Also, as noted by the

Acts 17:28

we are all the offspring

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Your math is very flawed. What you are saying is that three persons with less powers than a g0d is equal to g0d. You have demoted Yahweh to a third of a god. And so is Jesus and the holy spirit. Terrible fail. Try harder again. Please understand that Abrahamic religion is monotheism. Judaism's Yahweh and Islam's Allah is. Christianity's Trinity is polytheistic and paganistic similar to the hindu's Trimurti deity (Brahma the creator, Vishnu the preserver and Shiva the destroyer. the deities clearly have different powers, responsibilities, and functions.). Like the man says, the Christian Trinity is an oxymoron. Shalom.
god isn't a person. everything has 3 aspects, they are the Mind, Body, and Spirit.

everyone and everything is formed of the holy spirit. it's a buddhist concept too.

in the beginning God created the heaven and earth.

"I am the LORD, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God. I will gird you, though you have not known Me;

66 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest? 2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

Last edited:

Repox

Truth Seeker
god is not a man, nor anthropomorphic, that he had a male mankind solely as his offspring. everything that is created of God, everything in heaven and earth would be the offspring. isaiah 66 tells you this. Christ would be the son in this case; as noted, in Colossians 3:11.

Also, as noted by the

Acts 17:28

we are all the offspring
Even so, you can't avoid the problem. The Christian Trinity is father, son and Holy Spirit. Son infers a beginning. The son of God is not in the OT, it comes from NT stories about Jesus. Again, the son of God idea infers a beginning. God cannot be eternal if part of him had a beginning.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Even so, you can't avoid the problem. The Christian Trinity is father, son and Holy Spirit. Son infers a beginning.

infers? the Uncreated can still recreate self. It doesn't have a beginning, or an end, even if it can transform. the form is impermanent. its ability to create, change is constant.

it says the earth was without form in genesis 1:2. God doesn't have a beginning, nor an end but that doesn't mean it can't recreate itself. as isaiah reiterates; where is God's rest? who is a man that he define God?

The son of God is not in the OT, it comes from NT stories about Jesus. Again, the son of God idea infers a beginning. God cannot be eternal if part of him had a beginning.

the sons of god are in the OT

Repox

Truth Seeker
infers? the Uncreated can still recreate self. It doesn't have a beginning, or an end, even if it can transform. the form is impermanent. its ability to create, change is constant.

it says the earth was without form in genesis 1:2. God doesn't have a beginning, nor an end but that doesn't mean it can't recreate itself. as isaiah reiterates; where is God's rest? who is a man that he define God?

the sons of god are in the OT
The is no reference to the son of God in the OT. By sons of God I infer you men "human" sons, which are not "the son of God." You may also mean Paul's reference to Jesus being our brother, which means, of course, we are equal to Jesus, and therefore we are all sons of God. It gets kind of confusing. If you eliminate the son of God from the Trinity, you have no logical contradiction.