• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Trinity

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Are all aspects of the trinity equal?

John 10:29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

John 14:28
You have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If you loved me, you would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The first major flaw in Christian logic I noticed was the Problem of Evil.
Soon after, however, came the realization that Trinitarian Monotheism is an oxymoron. 1+1+1=1 only has value to a religionist with a particular theological axe to grind.
Tom

Muffled

Jesus in me

My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

You have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If you loved me, you would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

I believe there are a few aspects that are not equal.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The first major flaw in Christian logic I noticed was the Problem of Evil.
Soon after, however, came the realization that Trinitarian Monotheism is an oxymoron. 1+1+1=1 only has value to a religionist with a particular theological axe to grind.
Tom

I believe you will not be able to say that evil is illogical. Also I don't believe you can logically prove it isn't a problem. So I don't see any flaw in the logic.

I believe your math is incorrect. it is always 1=1. 1+1+1=3. Any idiot knows that. The problem arises when people try to add apples to oranges. One apple plus one orange plus one peach does not equal three oranges.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I believe there are a few aspects that are not equal.

the flaw is in believing that Jesus is the only begotten and that the Absolute doesn't have state of matter, or substance.

it doesn't have a specific form but that doesn't mean it doesn't have a dynamic form

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I believe you will not be able to say that evil is illogical. Also I don't believe you can logically prove it isn't a problem. So I don't see any flaw in the logic.

I believe your math is incorrect. it is always 1=1. 1+1+1=3. Any idiot knows that. The problem arises when people try to add apples to oranges. One apple plus one orange plus one peach does not equal three oranges.

1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 1

an aspect is a part and not an absolute unto itself. it is a thing among things about something.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Evil is not illogical.
Evil in a world with an Almighty and Benevolent God is illogical. That's a major reason that I don't believe in religion, although I do believe in god. Religions like the Abrahamic ones are illogical.
Tom

Muffled

Jesus in me
1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 1

an aspect is a part and not an absolute unto itself. it is a thing among things about something.

I believe God doesn't have parts. I do believe He is everywhere so it might seem like He has parts.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I believe God doesn't have parts. I do believe He is everywhere so it might seem like He has parts.

you don't believe god is omnipresent?
omniscient?
omnibenevolent?

those are aspects. the names of God are reflective of other lesser aspects

Muffled

Jesus in me
Evil is not illogical.
Evil in a world with an Almighty and Benevolent God is illogical. That's a major reason that I don't believe in religion, although I do believe in god. Religions like the Abrahamic ones are illogical.
Tom

I believe it is quite logical when one realizes that God loves those who are evil.

I believe I have a thread for that.

I believe basing your lack of belief in religion on a false concept leaves you without a valid reason.

Muffled

Jesus in me
you don't believe god is omnipresent?
omniscient?
omnibenevolent?

those are aspects. the names of God are reflective of other lesser aspects

I don't believe aspects are parts. I don't believe God has a separate compartment for omnipresence and omniscience. I believe He is omniscient wherever He is.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I believe it is quite logical when one realizes that God loves those who are evil.

I believe I have a thread for that.

I believe basing your lack of belief in religion on a false concept leaves you without a valid reason.
You have already done a good job of convincing me that you don't know any more about god than I do. It's what religionists seem to do best.
Tom

Muffled

Jesus in me
You have already done a good job of convincing me that you don't know any more about god than I do. It's what religionists seem to do best.
Tom

I believe since you so easily believe in false concepts that this one may well be the case also but I wouldn't say so because I only know you from your words. However if you think that false concepts of God means you know more about God than I do then I believe you now Him less.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I believe a bunch of folks got together and decided the Trinity was the truth. As if the truth could be decided democratically.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I believe since you so easily believe in false concepts that this one may well be the case also but I wouldn't say so because I only know you from your words.
Which one?
Almighty God?
He's usually the first to go overboard when religionists are trying to explain themselves. Like in the book "When bad things happen to good people. " The first logical step the rabbi author took was jettison Almighty. God wants to help, but He can't! His Hands are tied by ancient Scripture.

Or Benevolent? It's obvious from reading Scripture that God has favorites. They refer to themselves as "The Chosen People" and such. And that isn't just ancient Israelites, modern EuroChristians do it too. God is only Benevolent with the people who choose the correct Prophet, from the plethora of Prophets. That is called "Salvation by Faith".
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
However if you think that false concepts of God means you know more about God than I do then I believe you now Him less.
No. Please don't misrepresent me.
I don't think anybody knows anything important about God. Including both of us.
Tom