• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Trinity

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Someone told me, it is like 3-in-1 coffee.
images

I told him, is your god a coffee that I could drink and pee later?

Apostle Paul and the apostles of my Lord Jesus taught this:

1 Corinthians 8:6 New International Version (NIV)

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

inactuality, there is the possibility of many lords because christ is in all and all are in Christ. Melchizedek was a king and priest. Jesus was fashioned after him.

For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

3 All things were made by him; and outside(without) him was not any thing made that was made.

MJFlores

inactuality, there is the possibility of many lords because christ is in all and all are in Christ. Melchizedek was a king and priest. Jesus was fashioned after him.

For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

3 All things were made by him; and outside(without) him was not any thing made that was made.

Your mean:

John 1:3 English Standard Version (ESV)

All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

I think it is best to have a couple of versions of the bible for clarity and comparison.

1 Corinthians 8:5-6 New International Version (NIV)

For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Your mean:

John 1:3 English Standard Version (ESV)

All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

I think it is best to have a couple of versions of the bible for clarity and comparison.
true because nothing is made outside(without); so they would have to be made through it. God is not masculine or feminine but God "is" male and female. The conjunction is important.

in the following the elohim, the creators of mankind created them male and female. The conjunction of "and" is important; otherwise females would not be created in the image(singular), not images.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

26 And God said, Let ""us"" make man in our image, after ""our"" likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

1 Corinthians 8:5-6 New International Version (NIV)

For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

yes but it doesn't state this Father takes a human form and the greek idea doesn't align with the genesis image of both aspects of male and female attributes, or gender neutral.

in most latin languages; when there is both a female and male involved the masculine noun takes precedence. the word progenitor is masculine in this case vs a feminine noun.

so its not more male than female.

MJFlores

true because nothing is made outside(without); so they would have to be made through it. God is not masculine or feminine but God "is" male and female. The conjunction is important.

When you say God is male and female - how did you know that?

What I read is the Bible and it says here:

Malachi 2:10 New International Version (NIV)

Do we not all have one Father? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another?

images

I'm sure its not Genderqueer (GQ), or non-binary (NB)

Muffled

Jesus in me
New Age Spiritual Leader said:
Oh...I see...you have nothing but men telling you what to believe....gotcha.

Thanks!

Like all so-called "Christian" doctrines and dogma.....BS. There is nothing to prove what anyone says to be factual or even....near to being factual.

I have "faith" and believe the "Christian" religion is incomplete, thus the definitions afforded by men are BS and nothing but to control the minds of men.

Made-up belief. Made-up by men. Made-up to control men and what they think.

You fell for the ruse......now what are you going to do? Continue to believe men or seek out the truth.

Maybe you should begin to utilize Jesus more often.....like this text that explains that there is not a "Trinity" as you would like to express and promote.

The Apocryphon of John - Long Version - Translated by Waldstein & Wisse

But as a follower of men, you can't step out of the box for the truth.....so you probably will rebuke Jesus in any way you can, if the text isn't within the bible, huh?

Of course you will.....you have been manipulated by men and have no idea on how to remove yourself.

*holds out his hand*

I'm here to help.

"Sethian Gnostic Christian text" I believe the Gnostics had the worst man made theology of the early cults.

MJFlores

Are all aspects of the trinity equal?

John 10:29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

John 14:28
You have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If you loved me, you would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

I agree that there is no Trinity.

The belief in the Trinity or that one God is allegedly composed of three divine persons, namely God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, is upheld by many professing-Christians nowadays. But the question is, is the belief in the Triune God truly Christian?

To answer this question, we must know whom Christ and the early Christians recognized and taught as the true God. Moreover, we must understand how the Trinity doctrine came about.

Not in the Scriptures

The doctrine of the Trinity cannot be found in the Holy Scriptures. There is no mention of the term Trinity and there is no teaching that God is composed of three divine persons. Those uphold the Belief in the Trinity know well that the Trinity doctrine cannot be found in the New Testament.
upload_2017-5-6_21-58-3.jpeg

"The word Trinity does not appear in the New Testament" (The Teaching of Christ, p.177)

Neither can it be found in the Old Testament as Joseph Pohle, author of The Divine Trinity: A Dogmatic Treatise, declares:
upload_2017-5-6_21-58-51.jpeg

"It cannot therefore be seriously maintained that the mystery of the Divine Trinity was clearly revealed in the Old Testament". (p. 20)

And because of this, Pohle concludes this doctrine to be unscriptural:

"Though the exact terms in which the Church has formally defined the dogma of the Blessed Trinity are not in the Bible, and may therefore, in a sense be called unscriptural." (Ibid., p.22)