• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian: Second Coming of Christ

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date
A

angellous_evangellous

Becky asked LDS folks what they are doing to prepare for the second coming of Christ.

For you non-LDS folk I present the same question:

What are you doing to prepare for the second coming of Christ and what are you teaching your families?

I don't do anything more or less that what I think Jesus taught concerning the matter - simply try to keep his command to love God and love others. Not much more else to do IMO.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
angellous_evangellous said:
Becky asked LDS folks what they are doing to prepare for the second coming of Christ.

For you non-LDS folk I present the same question:

What are you doing to prepare for the second coming of Christ and what are you teaching your families?

I don't do anything more or less that what I think Jesus taught concerning the matter - simply try to keep his command to love God and love others. Not much more else to do IMO.

Well, I pay my bills late and run up the credit cards hoping He'll come before the bills are due or anything gets shut off.

A

angellous_evangellous

sandy whitelinger said:
Well, I pay my bills late and run up the credit cards hoping He'll come before the bills are due or anything gets shut off.

I could help you spend some of that dough. :p

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
... I don't do anything more or less that what I think Jesus taught concerning the matter - simply try to keep his command to love God and love others. Not much more else to do IMO.
This is exactly what I was thinking. I would be interested to see what else some people think is necessary.

lunamoth

Will to love
AE said:
Ditto.

luna

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member

By the way, how's that working out for you?

BruceDLimber

N/A.

In the Baha'i view, the Second Coming of the Christ Spirit already took place over 150 years ago, and we (my family and I) celebrate it along with other Baha'is around the world every day! . . . :)

Best,

Bruce

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I don't live my life obsessing on the parousia. I'm concerned about living the abundant life today.

A

angellous_evangellous

sojourner said:
I don't live my life obsessing on the parousia. I'm concerned about living the abundant life today.

Nor do I.

However, I long for the day when God will end all suffering. It's about time that God clean up this mess.

TallDrums

Agreed 110%.

A

angellous_evangellous

sandy whitelinger said:
By the way, how's that working out for you?

With most people, it's no big deal. With some, I need God's help.:eek:

may

Jesus’ departure was observed only by his loyal followers.
The same would be true when Christ returned in Kingdom power. (John 14:19)
Only his faithful anointed disciples would discern his royal presence.
that insight would have a profound effect on them, culminating in the gathering of millions who would become Jesus’ earthly subjects.—Revelation 7:9, 14.