• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Christian Moms Group Condemns Hallmark Channel for Airing Lesbian Wedding Ad"

Skwim

Veteran Member
I thought it a very easy question.
So you think

"If you condemn what the One Million Moms did?"​

is a valid question? Please accept my condolences for your lack of grammar skills.

Do you condemn this group's opposition to this commercial?
No I don't. They can oppose whatever they want. It's a free country. What I condemn is people who cave into pressure from hate groups.

JesusKnowsYou

If gay people aren’t born, then you and I can choose to be attracted to the same sex right now.
I’m having trouble doing so at the moment. But perhaps you will have more luck in that area?
I do not equate someone having a same-sex attraction with homosexual behavior.

That would be like equating someone having a temper with violent behavior.

One cane be a prerequisite to the other, but they are not the same thing.

We are all born with predisposed weaknesses toward one sin or another.

That does not mean we have no choice in whether or not we commit that sin.

JesusKnowsYou

So you think

"If you condemn what the One Million Moms did?"​

is a valid question? Please accept my condolences for your lack of grammar skills..
Oops. Didn't see that.

It was supposed to read, "Don't you condemn what the One Million Moms did?"
No I don't. They can oppose whatever they want. It's a free country. What I condemn is people who cave into pressure from hate groups.
OK. Great.

How are they a "hate group"?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Would you mind explaining how it works then?
Yes, I would.

You're a big boy who should be able to figure out why standing up to bullies doesn't make a person a bully.

Either you're so far down the rabbit hole that you can't see the problems with the people you've allied yourself with, or you do see the problems and you're just trolling.

Either way, I don't see trying to correct your attitude as a good use of my time (or likely to succeed).

JesusKnowsYou

Yes, I would.

You're a big boy who should be able to figure out why standing up to bullies doesn't make a person a bully.

Either you're so far down the rabbit hole that you can't see the problems with the people you've allied yourself with, or you do see the problems and you're just trolling.

Either way, I don't see trying to correct your attitude as a good use of my time (or likely to succeed).
You believe that bullies are people who stand up for what they believe in?

You also believe that it is okay to attack people as long as they have been labelled "bully".

No wonder the left claims that everyone they disagree with is a "Nazi" and their violence against those they label "Nazi" is not condemned by biased media sources.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The idea that homosexuals are born is an assumption based on nothing.

I don't believe that your example about black people is at all comparable.

The commercial was about same-sex marriage, not homosexuality.

Prove it. Prove that it is an assumption based on nothing. I doubt if you can. You need to be careful of the language that you use. By claiming it is an assumption you place the burden of proof upon yourself. The experts in the field appear to disagree with you. I await your evidence that they are wrong.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
You believe that bullies are people who stand up for what they believe in?

You also believe that it is okay to attack people as long as they have been labelled "bully".

No wonder the left claims that everyone they disagree with is a "Nazi" and their violence against those they label "Nazi" is not condemned by biased media sources.
You seem to have no trouble inventing a straw man position to argue against. No need for me, then - just keep on arguing against the left wing boogeymen in your head. Don't worry about whether they correspond to reality.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

It's an idea based on the fact that as a homosexual man, I did not choose to be gay. I know what I feel. I was as naturally attracted as a boy to boys as other boys are to girls. Then as a man attracted to men as straight men are attracted to women. In fact, my first arousal and spontaneous orgasm at 13 or 14 was at the site of a male actor on tv. What makes you think I chose it? Especially when I have one of the most pathetic sex lives man, gay or straight, has ever been "blessed" with. So yeah, uh no... it ain't the sex.

Now, if this were not a natural or inborn state for me, why in gay hell would I "choose" this? Why is it so difficult to accept the idea that we are what we are just the way you are what you are? Does it rock the foundations of your belief system? Does it raise questions you're not prepared or equipped to handle?

Tell me what is it that makes me gay, and why I am gay. Hint: you can't because you can't understand it, or don't want to understand it. Change my mind.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

"The evangelical Christian hate group One Million Moms (Twitter count: 3759) is furious that The Hallmark Channel is airing the following commercial that involves a wedding kiss between two women:

What’s wrong with that ad? Nothing, unless your entire existence revolves around demonizing LGBTQ people.

One viewer commented on the board:

“Why would you show a lesbian wedding commercial on the Hallmark Channel? Hallmark movies are family friendly, and you ruined it with the commercial.”

Another viewer wrote:

“Our family was watching a wonderful Hallmark movie based on a true story. It was late, but our daughter was up late with us. During the commercial break, there was a commercial from Zola with two women lip locking! Please Hallmark … we are fed up with having the gay agenda crammed down our throats! You are one of the few channels we thought we would not have to deal with this issue! Please remove this and any other gay, lesbian, bisexual, or anything else it is called from your channels. … We love you but won’t keep watching with this type of ads.”

Shame on Hallmark for airing commercials with same-sex couples and even considering movies with LGBT content and lead characters.

Until recently, Hallmark had a good record for keeping their movies and commercials family friendly. Now, parents can no longer trust Hallmark because Hallmark is no longer allowing parents to be the primary educators when it comes to sex and sexual morality.

Imagine how sad your life must be that this wedding commercial ruined your day…"
source

Call me quirky, but while this is sad it's also an amusing bit of news.

Basically, Hallmark caved in to the demands of a hate group, then caved in to the threats of boycott

Skwim

Veteran Member
Oops. Didn't see that.

It was supposed to read, "Don't you condemn what the One Million Moms did?"
Even though in post 297 you said "Do you condemn this group's opposition to this commercial?" But this little quirk in grammar aside, let's go on to . . ..

How are they a "hate group"?
"A hate group is a social group that advocates and practices hatred, hostility, or violence towards members of a race, ethnicity, nation, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other designated sector of society."
Source: Wikipedia
One Million Moms, a branch of the fundamentalist American Family Association, is hostile toward what it sees as the "homosexual agenda" by concocting spurious issues to demean homosexuals and discredit their life style with lies.

"The One Million Moms campaign expressed opposition to Marvel and DC Comics issues which featured gay characters, describing the storylines as a "brainwashing and desensitizing experience" for children, written to "influence them in thinking that a gay lifestyle choice is normal and desirable."
Source: Wikipedia
Sexual orientation is no more a choice than is original hair color. And if OMM isn't blindly ignorant of this well known fact then it's guilty of lying about it. As to which one of these happens to be the case is a toss up. Both are equally likely.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
That's how I see it: However the wind blows.

You may be right, but I'm still holding out hope that the Hallmark leadership is LGBTQ-supportive, but just hasn't done a great job in making that permeate through all of the companies under their umbrella.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I do not equate someone having a same-sex attraction with homosexual behavior.

That would be like equating someone having a temper with violent behavior.

One cane be a prerequisite to the other, but they are not the same thing.

We are all born with predisposed weaknesses toward one sin or another.

That does not mean we have no choice in whether or not we commit that sin.
Sexual behaviour does not necessarily correlate to one's sexual orientation. If one is attracted to the same sex, they can be celibate their whole lives and still be gay. It's not like we label Priests who take a vow of celibacy "asexual"
So how does that even dispute the agreed upon fact that gay people are "born that way?"
Sexual orientation only lists sexual behavior as a facet, not it's defining characteristic.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
This is simply not true.

For one thing, the term "are born" is painfully simplistic. There are zillions of factors that result in the complex and subtle, and poorly understood, thing called sexual attraction. Genetics is statistically proven to be one(large) factor. But nobody even knows that we know what all the factors are. What causes any particular person to be sexually aroused by anything in particular is just not known. What makes most adult men interested in boobs? :shrug:

But here's my real point.
Despite my efforts as a young man to "straighten myself out", boobs just never did anything for me. Regardless of whether you accept my testimony or not, I know this for a fact! Whether or not I was "born" gay, I certainly didn't want or choose such an affliction. The very idea is ridiculous. Claiming that I did is ignorant. And with all the information available in this day and age that ignorance looks totally like willful ignorance.
So when someone I know will make demonstrably false statements like that also makes implausible assertions like "Jesus Rose from the Dead" or "Muhammad is the Seal of the Prophets" I don't trust them. I can't. I know them too well.
Tom