• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian: Mary, Mother of God

writer

160 What's your point?
i'd never heard the 12 apostles called "church fathers"

But later, the Church did call them that.
When? Who precisely? Where?
Thanx

I can't help what you have or have not heard.
Mebbe nor can u help show that anyone else called the apostles "church fathers" either

You'll have to be alone in your certainty.
i'm not

So? The statement was still blatantly derisive.
i disagree that rocka21's: "its a shame all of those sexually pent up...that don't think they can marry" is derisive in the least. Rather i agree that it's shameful and a shame anyone would take such an evil commandment from mere men

Faith gives one neither the right nor the mandate to be derisive.
God gave Paul both the mandate and the right to write to Timothy that forbidding to marry is deceitful, of evil spirits, n demonic (1 Tim 4:1-3)

Faith does the opposite.
Paul's faith didn't ignore such demonism. If that's what you were suggesting.
Instead he addressed, by condemning, it

Not every experience and condition of humanity and religious experience is recorded in the Bible.
Generally, i believe they r. But as far as all specific details: who said they were?

According to your logic, PMS doesn't exist, because it's not recorded in the Bible.
To the contrary: that appears to b accordin' to your exagerration or misunderstanding

The Tradition is rightly larger than that which is part of the Tradition.
Tradition of idolatry's recorded in the Bible. Negatively

This is a cop-out.
To the contrary: it's the highlight of interpretin Scripture: With its Author

It diminishes humanity.
God the triune, rather: became one of us, in His Son

Are we not to be part of the equation in Christianity?
(i can't speak 4 Christian"ity.")
But who do you think's God's object? Subject?
Thanx

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Mary has always been held in high esteem by the Church. I can't help it if you choose to not think so. In any case, I fail to grasp why you (and other evangelically-inclined people) should feel the need to diminish our faith and the things that are important and helpful to us in our faith-journeys with derisive and dismissive language.

Nobody's putting you in a choke-hold and forcing you to use beads, or to venerate Mary (although it is my belief that you could benefit from both, if you'd give them a fair chance). Nobobdy's telling you that you aren't Christian if you don't. Why do you insist upon telling us that our practices and beliefs are "false" if we do? Why do you feel that it's up to you to "set us straight?"

rocka21

Brother Rock
sojourner said:
Mary has always been held in high esteem by the Church. I can't help it if you choose to not think so. In any case, I fail to grasp why you (and other evangelically-inclined people) should feel the need to diminish our faith and the things that are important and helpful to us in our faith-journeys with derisive and dismissive language.

Nobody's putting you in a choke-hold and forcing you to use beads, or to venerate Mary (although it is my belief that you could benefit from both, if you'd give them a fair chance). Nobobdy's telling you that you aren't Christian if you don't. Why do you insist upon telling us that our practices and beliefs are "false" if we do? Why do you feel that it's up to you to "set us straight?"

let me ask you, if you know, the official catholic doctrine concerning - christian non-catholics. Because you said " nobodies telling you that your not christian". Do catholic doctrine teach that we are equal? if we both die today, are we both going equal to the same place?

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
rocka21 said:
let me ask you, if you know, the official catholic doctrine concerning - christian non-catholics. Because you said " nobodies telling you that your not christian". Do catholic doctrine teach that we are equal? if we both die today, are we both going equal to the same place?

What does that have to do with the topic? :confused:

rocka21

Brother Rock
Victor said:
What does that have to do with the topic? :confused:

everything! if catholic doctrine teaches you must follow there teachings on MARY, then i want to know what happens if i am not a CATHOLIC.

this makes it VERY MUCH on topic.
</IMG>

Quiddity

rocka21 said:
everything! if catholic doctrine teaches you must follow there teachings on MARY, then i want to know what happens if i am not a CATHOLIC.

this makes it VERY MUCH on topic.
</IMG>

Beats me! You may go to heaven, you may go to Hell, I just don't know. If I had specialized x-ray gogles that could look into your heart I could tell you. But I don't. Those gogles are owned and operated by God alone.

rocka21

Brother Rock
Victor said:
Beats me! You may go to heaven, you may go to Hell, I just don't know. If I had specialized x-ray gogles that could look into your heart I could tell you. But I don't. Those gogles are owned and operated by God alone.

So your answer is................... I don't know what cathloic doctrine teaches.

remember i was asking about OFFICIAL cathloic doctrine. no what YOU think.

Quiddity

rocka21 said:
So your answer is................... I don't know what cathloic doctrine teaches.

remember i was asking about OFFICIAL cathloic doctrine. no what YOU think.

Official teaching on where you will end up? :areyoucra Are you joking?

rocka21

Brother Rock
Victor said:
Official teaching on where you will end up? :areyoucra Are you joking?

why is this so hard to understand? read real slow this time and i will say again.

I am asking about the Official cathlic doctrine on where BELIVERS other than CATHOLICS will end up.

ANYONE reading this post could figure out i was not talking about ME personaly.
I am not asking asking the official teaching on were I will end up, but belivers in christ that don't BELONG to the cathilic church.

if you don't know , say " i don't know" , if you do ,then answer , but all this back and forth dancing around the question is silly.

Quiddity

rocka21 said:
why is this so hard to understand? read real slow this time and i will say again.

I am asking about the Official cathlic doctrine on where BELIVERS other than CATHOLICS will end up.

ANYONE reading this post could figure out i was not talking about ME personaly.
I am not asking asking the official teaching on were I will end up, but belivers in christ that don't BELONG to the cathilic church.

if you don't know , say " i don't know" , if you do ,then answer , but all this back and forth dancing around the question is silly.

There is no official doctrine on the eternal resting place of anybody (believer or not) in the Catholic Church. How's that for clear?

And yes this is getting off-topic. Post a new thread if you wish to continue this please.

rocka21

Brother Rock
Victor said:
There is no official doctrine on the eternal resting place of anybody (believer or not) in the Catholic Church. How's that for clear?

And yes this is getting off-topic. Post a new thread if you wish to continue this please.

Very clear. thank you very much.

see how easy that was my son.:angel2:

Quiddity

rocka21 said:
Very clear. thank you very much.

see how easy that was my son.:angel2:

Well, I kinda of repeated myself in a clearer manner, but I'm glad I was able to make things clear.

Peace be with you.

PHOTOTAKER

i personaly view Marry as preordained to be the mother of the child Jesus just as any prophit or person that has a devin role (such as Esther).

sorry i didn't go though and read all the post too many to read quickly...