• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian in need of reassurance

About the first post, why people get scared of a site anyways. It's just a site. Everyone can make one and everyone can write whatever they with there. A domain is like 1$... not that hard really. :D

Read about the afterlife and maybe talk to a priest or it's correspondent in other confessions. It might work better than reading the internet where even official religious sites are not always that tolerant. :(

james2ko

Brothers and Sisters I am terrified

I stumbled upon a website called Divine Revelations (divinerevelations.info) just be chance looking up the 10 commandments and in return I was told anyways that people have had visions of Christ and Christians going to hell, for things like not keeping the Sabbath Holy, I'm scared, terrified, for my soul and for my friends and family, they offer terrifying visions of eternal punishment and punishment for those who are ignorant

IS THIS TRUE? :( I can't tell and don't want to risk being wrong

The hell you speak of is reserved for those who refuse to accept Christ even after meeting Him in person and experiencing the miraculous results of His 1,000 year reign. It is also reserved for those who commit the unpardonable sin in this life, which is extremely difficult to commit. Even so, it will be a quick death (second death) and simply erase them from existence. (Rev 20:13-15)

Last edited:

Shermana

Heretic

I stumbled upon a website called Divine Revelations (divinerevelations.info) just be chance looking up the 10 commandments and in return I was told anyways that people have had visions of Christ and Christians going to hell, for things like not keeping the Sabbath Holy, I'm scared, terrified, for my soul and for my friends and family, they offer terrifying visions of eternal punishment and punishment for those who are ignorant

Yes, it is true. Jesus specifically said that the Doers of LAwlessness (lawlessness = against Mosaic Law) will be rejected. That's the point of Matthew 7:22-23. Those who call Jesus "Lord" but refuse to obey the Law will be cast. If you don't believe me, feel free to pray and ask if I am right or wrong.

And as for the story of Lazarus and the Rich man, note the very beginning, Luke 16:17 (saying that none of the Law will ever become void) and the very end Luke 16:31. Clearly he is saying that those who reject Moses will in fact burn.

Last edited:

ForeverFaithful

Son Worshiper
Yes, it is true. Jesus specifically said that the Doers of LAwlessness (lawlessness = against Mosaic Law) will be rejected. That's the point of Matthew 7:22-23. Those who call Jesus "Lord" but refuse to obey the Law will be cast. If you don't believe me, feel free to pray and ask if I am right or wrong.

And as for the story of Lazarus and the Rich man, note the very beginning, Luke 16:17 (saying that none of the Law will ever become void) and the very end Luke 16:31. Clearly he is saying that those who reject Moses will in fact burn.
Actual the Bible is abundantly clear that everything in that website is false,

The icing on the cake is when the recognized the SDAs as legitimate Christians and then act as though Eternal Hellfire is a prerequisite for eternal bliss

Upon a through study of Scripture I can now rebuttal the vast majority of it's claims and reframe what little truth it has in a Biblical context, if you're interested however

Don't fear! Although I do think it possible that Christianity is a perversion of both Judaism and Paganism!

Actual the Bible is abundantly clear that everything in that website is false,

The icing on the cake is when the recognized the SDAs as legitimate Christians and then act as though Eternal Hellfire is a prerequisite for eternal bliss

Upon a through study of Scripture I can now rebuttal the vast majority of it's claims and reframe what little truth it has in a Biblical context, if you're interested however

But the bible is not the most reliable collection of writings!

factotum

We are never told perfection is required, only that we need to attempt it.
Sorry if someone has already asked this. I was going to ask, didn't Jesus say "Be ye therefore perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect?" Sounds like perfectionism to me.

james2ko

Sorry if someone has already asked this. I was going to ask, didn't Jesus say "Be ye therefore perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect?" Sounds like perfectionism to me.

The Greek term for "perfect" [teleios] can also be defined as "spiritually mature".

Satan has used organized religion to scare people silly. This 6000 year experience we are having on earth is to show the Universe that lucifer's claims made in heaven were false. One of his claims was that no one needs to follow God's will we can do just fine on our own. Everyone in heaven now does God's will because God knows the future and every choice he makes for you is the perfect choice. We are the only one's in the Universe using our freewill to make choices on every day decisions. God as a loving God gives us freewill but we must use this freewill to reject and freely choose his will. This 6000 year experiment will give us the information to make a rational decision. Do you think anyone would want to repeat the last 6000 years?

NAHUM 1 : 9 "Whatever they plot against the Lord he will bring to an end; trouble will not come a second time."

Before Lucifer made his accusations against God the Universe had always done God's will. Since everything was perfect why would they challenge a good thing? But, Lucifer held the same position as Michael as a covering cherub. Michael means one who is like God and the archangel means chief messenger. Since God is invisible to his created beings the Son took on the appearance of a created being, an angel.

1 TIMOTHY 6 : 16 "who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see."

PHILIPPIANS 2 : 6 "Who being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped."

This was referring to the Son taking on human form, but before that he had taken on the form of an angel so that his created beings could interact with him.

How do I know they had the same position? Both are refered to as the "morning star".

ISAIAH 14 : 12 "How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn."

REVELATION 22 : 16 "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

Jesus said the following;
JOHN 12 : 35 Then Jesus told them, 'You are going to have light just a little while longer. walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you."

Light symbolically in the Bible means truth. Jesus brought the truth. So Jesus was the chief messenger who is like God.

JOHN 14 : 9 "Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father."
JOHN 1 : 1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the word was with God, and the Word was God."
JOHN 1 : 14 "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling with us."
The word was the God of the Old Testament. We had a vague picture of God as given us by the prophets. If you've played the telephone game where you whisper a phrase in someone's ear and he in turn whispers to another and how in the end the message is sometimes very distorted. This is the Bible. It is the inspired word of God, but it is second hand. Jesus came in the flesh to give a true picture of God. Satan in our minds had distorted the acts done before Christ arrived.

LUKE 9 : 53-55 "but the people there did not welcome him, because he was heading for Jerusalem. When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked, 'Lord do you want us to call fire down from heaven to destroy them? But Jesus turned and rebuked them" They had the wrong picture in their minds about God from the Old Testament.
I kind of got off the track a little.

Lucifer means "light bearing" We get the words lucent, lucid and lucidity. Lucid means clear to the understanding and translucent. Lucent means glowing with light (truth). And lucidity means clearness of thought.

The Bible says Lucifer was a covering cherub in the very presence of God.

Michael and Lucifer were the two that would relay what God instructed.

Since Lucifer held the same position as Michael who was actually one of the trinity, Lucifer began to think that he indeed could be God. Why not, he was doing the same thing as God and he was superior to all other created beings?

So God as a loving God has allowed Lucifer a chance to prove that he can indeed do a better job. In fact God bends over backwards to give Satan every opportunity to win. Did you ever wonder why the Bible seems so hard for people to really understand? If this was actually life and death and God were loving it would be clearly spelled out. But this isn't life and death at least not eternal death. the hell the Bible is talking about is the condition of the earth at the second coming.

2 PETER 3 : 10 "But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire."
2 PETER 3 : 12 "That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat."
Everytime you read "hell" in the King James Bible it is referring to the grave or the dump outside of Jerusalem. There is one other time, but that is just a parable about how being rich didn't mean you were somebody God was favoring. The earth in the near furure is going to explode again as it did at the flood and it will be a grave for some.
2 Peter 3 : 5-6 "By these waters also the world at that time was deluged and destroyed. By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire (lava). Satan's way of ruling will result in the earth being destroyed. On the 6th day God said everything was very good. Radio-active materials could not have been on the surface of the earth. They cause cancer. Inside the core of the earth though their decay would have heated the fountains of the deep and would have heated and watered the entire earth from below. God said before the flood that man's thoughts were evil continuously. Go to 2 TIMOTHY 3 and read what Paul said we would be like in the final days. It describes men with thoughts evil continuously. About 2 years ago there was a FYI at the end of the news cast that said there had been a French experiment where a group of students had concentrated on negative thoughts and they were able to change the deacy rate of something. I tried for years to find further info on this but had no luck. Then in May I put in "decay rate" and up pops numerous sites saying the decay rate of all materials has suddenly started to increase. The Nuclear matetials in the core of the earth have started to decay faster. The earth would now be similar to a nuclear plant in runaway meltdown.

But God said in Luke that the endtime would be the same as it was at the flood and at Sodom And gomorrah. Now Satan's churches try to scare us by saying God destroyed them because they were evil. But really in both cases God came to save anyone that would come. He had Noah build an ark and preach for 120 years. In Sodom he sent two angels that told Lot to get his sons-in-law or anyone that would come to get out of Sodom because it was going to be destroyed. It will be the same at the end God is coming back to save us. The problem is Satan's churches have you so afraid you probably will run in fear.

REVELATION 6 : 16 "They called to the mountains and the rocks, 'Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne."
This is an object lesson on freewill God can do little without interferring with the test. He can not do anything until after the destruction to prove what would happen if Satan did indeed have control of the Universe. God has given you a way out though. You simply have to believe that he is loving and look up into his face instead of running in fear. There is a long explanation of how all this works and this is way to long already.

But think of this. Everyone that ever lived will be brought back to life at the second coming. Peter said the elements are melting. From space the earth would look like a lake of fire. The ones that run and don't come to God will die again on the earth that is imploding. They will die the second death in the lake of fire. There is nothing to be afraid of except the lies told you by satan's allies the churches.

davidthegreek

Read the Letter of James.

Also, Rabia said:

"God, if I worship you from fear of Hell, burn me in Hell
If I worship you from fear of Paradise, exclude me from Paradise
If I worship you for your own sake, show me the beauty of the face"

and this is supposed to make it any better?

Gui10

Don't worry, nobody is going to hell. Not yuo, not your friends, not your family.

ronandcarol

Premium Member
It probably isn't a great ideas to google for answers to questions about the Bible. You never know what site will pop up. False teachings abound on the internet. You might even get mis-lead on this forum! When people make a statement that you can't be born again until after you die, that is bad information.
A good read for you would be the first eight chapters of the book of Romans. The Apostles Paul lays out the plan of God for how a person is redeemed, transformed, sealed and sanctified, after they are born again. We all need to be sanctified for when we stand before the Lord on that last day. This process is received by Grace through Faith in Jesus Christ.

Ron and Carol

roger1440

I do stuff

If you read it on the internet it must be true. You better start packing.

Samantha Truman

Hello, ForeverFaithful, below is my comprehensive reply. I hope it helps settle your fears an anxieties. Sorry for the long reply, when I get on a roll I like to provide a solid foundation for my beliefs all to my understanding:

Comprehensive Look

--------

The Greek word hades means "pit", or "grave". In 1611 when the King James Version of the bible was written Englishmen spoke of putting their potatoes in "hell" for the winter--that is simply a whole in the ground. If men, when they die, either went to heaven or hell then God would have lied when he said, "For David is NOT ascended into the heaven." Acts 2:34 and "Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both DEAD and BURIED, and his sepulcher is with is unto this day. (Acts 2:29)

Look at Psalms where David says "Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt though suffer thin Holy One to see corruption."

David prophesied about Christ, that Christ would not be in "hell" or a grave long enough to see corruption (which is the decaying of flesh). YET, in Acts, Christ has already risen, but David remains in the ground "to this day".

The New Testament "hades" and the Old Testament "sheol" are translated the same: pit, grave, whole in the ground. Both hades and sheol are merely resting places where all who have died await a resurrection, some will awaken to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting contempt. (Daniel 12:2)

Ecc. 9:10 "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is not work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave whither thou goest."

Eccl. 9:5-6 "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love and their hatred, and their envy is now perished."

The above verses prove that hell; hades; sheol; is a very dead place. There is not physical or mental activity. Not for the righteous and not for the wicked. All who die are dead and the memory of them is forgotten. If David, a man after God's own heart, still lay in the ground, then all righteous persons lay dead too.

There is a second translation of the word "hell"; it is actually tartaroo in the original Greek. It is only used once in the bible. "For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved to judgment;" (II Peter 2:4) Hell or Tartaroo means a condition of restraint. Notice "delivered them into chains"

Continuing, II Peter 2:9 says "The Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust to the day of judgment to be punished:"

God has RESERVED the unjust. To reserve something means to "hold back or set aside, especially for future use or contingency." -- Contingent means "determine by conditions or circumstances that follow." The prefix "contin" from where we also get "continue". So one could say that God holds back the unjust for future use and continuing.

God reserves the unjust to "the day of judgement to be punished."

Revelation 20:4-6 "And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshiped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

Let's pick these three verses apart. In Verse four we see that the souls whom judgement was given unto them had not worshiped the beast, neither his image, neither received the mark upon their foreheads or in their hands, and they lived and reigned with Christ 1,000 years.

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.

The REST of the dead. Also notice in verse five, that it says the dead lived not again UNTIL the thousand years were finished. UNTIL! So they do live again, just not during the 1,000 year reign.

Also notice that those resurrected and reigning during the 1,000 years are part of the FIRST resurrection. If there was only one resurrection why would it at all be numbered? It would be called THE resurrection. But because it is numbered as the first, we must conclude that there is a second to follow. A reserving; a continuing.

----

Continuing with Hell.

The final, alternate translation of the word hell is gehenna, which denotes a place of punishment. Gehenna, or the Valley of Hinnom, is a place just outside Jerusalem where trash, filth, and dead bodies were thrown to be burned up. It was a city dump and there was always a fire burning to consume the refuse that was thrown there.

Christ and his disciples and apostles after him used this word consistently when they were referring to that "hell" which will burn up sinners.

God talks to people in their own language and in ways that they will comprehend. Christ decided to use a local example of what the lake of fire would be like. Gehenna, became synonymous with the lake of fire.

The final fate of the wicked is to be burned up in gehnna fire, from which there is no more resurrection. This death is for all eternity--eternal punishment--not eternal punishing.

Malachi 4:3 "And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet."

Samantha Truman

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Notice that? They were judged every man ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS. Not according to their faith. They're judged according to their WORKS!

James 2:17 "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone."

James: 2:21 "Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?"

James 2:24 "24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. 25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? 26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

What are works, then? Your works are following God's statues and commandments. I know many folks quote this in regards to the law:

Galatians 3:24 "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith."

So, you've gone to school. Your schoolmaster taught you arithmetic, how to read, and write, but now that you're graduated--do you just forget what your schoolmaster has taught you? Does arithmetic and reading and all other things you've learned no longer have a use in your life? Or has it become a foundation for you? Is an integral part of you? And now that you have that foundation you can move on and see the spiritual aspects of the law and are no longer limited to the physical aspects of the law.

Galatians 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. 20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one. 21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. 22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Let's pick this a part. "Wherefore then serveth the law? It WAS ADDED BECAUSE OF TRANSGRESSIONS, til the seed should come." . . . "Is the law then AGAINST the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law."

Christ came to give life, because the law could not give life. It's not saying that the law was bad or ineffective, it just could not do what Christ could do. Christ has the ability to give us life--a spiritual life. When we are spiritual beings we have the ability to keep the law. We cannot transgress the law as spirit beings.

Grace is a reprieve from the penalty of the law. That does not mean that the law is done away with, it just means that we're CURRENTLY not under the penalty of the law. We're not going to be stoned to death when we transgress something. We know the law is our schoolmaster, what happens when it's the final exam? Or, let's say, you're called before judgement. You will be tested on the law; you have to know the law. And the only way you can know the law is by following the law. To have been taught the law. Are you going to get an 'F' on the final exam, or are you striving for an 'A+'?

We're in a grace period. We're not under the penalty of breaking the law, but it's expected we do our best to follow the law, because the grace period will eventually end.

Isaiah 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. (4) And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

This is a prophetic message talking about people who come to the house of the God of Jacob. Christ shall judge the nations and rebuke many people: "out of Zion shall go forth the LAW, and the word of the Lord."

The LAW is with Christ.

Our grace period I liken to a condemned house. The house is the temple of God, which is in us (1 Corinthians 3:16), the clutter inside represents sin, and the building inspector represents Christ.

The building inspector comes to a house and sees all manner of filth and clutter. He warns the owner of the house that it needs to be cleaned lest it be condemned. He gives the individual a grace period to clean-up the house, warning that he would return at a time they would not expect.

It's the owner of the house's responsibility to clean the house of clutter (sin) and put it in order and make it clean, so when the building inspector returns, he does not condemn the house.

If the building inspector returns and finds the house still in a disheveled mess, he's going to say, why didn't you clean this? I came and I warned you that it would be condemned. He will judge the owner of the house by their works (or their lack of work) The owner didn't work hard at getting the place clean and therefore it will be condemned.

Christ did not abolish the law; the law is still in effective. Following the law mechanically cannot give one eternal life, but faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. But at the same time we cannot have faith without the law.

"James 2:14-17 "What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead."

We cannot reached eternal life by works alone, but we can't reach eternal life by faith alone. We need both to have eternal life.

Romans 6:15 "What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid."

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

The law taught Paul what is sin. The law was the schoolmaster, teaching what is sin and what is not.

The Law is not a happy meal in which one picks and chooses the things that satisfies him. One doesn't say, "Thou shalt not murder"; that sounds right, "thou shalt not steal", yup, I wouldn't want anyone to steal from me, "Thou shalt not commit adultery", what? But that puts a crimp in my love-life! How will I be able to sleep with John and Joe, and Steve and Nick and Jimmy? AH! I know, I'm under grace. Christ forgives me.

James 2:9 But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all. 11 For He who said, "DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY," also said, "DO NOT COMMIT MURDER." Now if you do not commit adultery, but do commit murder, you have become a transgressor of the law."

The above is saying that one should not show partiality in anything, even the law itself.

If the law has been done away with, then we won't know sin. If we don't know sin how can we perfect ourselves for Christ? If Christ did away with the law, then Satan is no longer under the law either and all manner of sin is acceptable. If sin is acceptable why then bound Satan?

Hebrews explains which things Christ changed in the law, like no longer needing a sacrifice since Christ was our sacrifice and that he is now our high priest, we don't need to go to priests and rabbis anymore and ask them to atone for our sins. He has become our mediator.

Malachi 3:6 - "I the Lord do not change."

Hebrews 13:8 - "Jesus is the same yesterday and today and forever."

Matthew 5:17 - "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

Fulfill means, literally, to fill to the full. If something has been filled to the full it's been added to--not taken away.

John 15:10 "If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love."

We see Jesus Christ saying this in John 10:30 - "I and the Father are one."

Since Father and Son are one, we know that the son Jesus Christ cannot reject the teachings of his Father God. If God ordered something, it is suppose to be kept.

Christ would have followed every commandment in the Torah being the Son of God. So anything that God commanded he would have done. We see he even attended The Feast of Tabernacles. Luke 2:42 "And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast."

--

So what's the conclusion? You will not be tormented forever in a hell fire; however, it's prudent to obey God's laws because we see during The Great White Throne Judgement men are judged according to works--not by faith.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member

If you'd like my opinion, no, it isn't true. I don't have a long, exhaustive study to offer you, just a humble Follower of Yeshua. God judges the unjust. I once heard someone say that some Christian was going to hell because he was a man with long hair. I can't imagine God saying "Hey, you helped your fellow Christians, helped non-Christians, fed the hungry, clothed the naked, worshiped Me day and night, etc. but, since you have long hair, you are going to hell". That is just plain absurd to me.

There is a verse in the Bible that says "What is impossible for man, is possible for God". Jesus said it in the Christian Scriptures when one of His Apostles asked "Who, then, can be saved".

No need to fear.The Sabbath is not to be kept anymore.Thats is old Mosaic law.Things like the Sabbath,old Kosher laws like not eating shellfish, and circumcision, are no longer valid for Christians.Do not let things on the internet scare you.Another thing,God will not hold you responsible for something you had no idea about.It is when you have an accurate knowledge of the truth that he holds you responsible.When you know the truth, and turn from it, is when you need to worry.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I don't 100% agree with that. I think we are all still bound by the Ten Commandments. The Shabbat (Sabbath) appears to be the major trouble. I don't see a problem with having one day set aside to worship God and to rest. Yeshua (Jesus) said that the Sabbath was made for our sakes (people's sakes).

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
If you're truly terrified, you'll keep the Sabbath, and every other day, holy. Won't you?