• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Dominion Exterminator??

linwood

I took this shot driving down the road today (I know, I know, careless but I just couldn`t help it).

Does the symbolism strike anyone else as freaking scary?

Christian, Dominionist, Exterminators, <shudder> it`s my worst nightmare!

Christian_dominion_exterminator.JPG

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
Good eye. That is a great shot. It reminds me of the Faulkner short story where the little kid is called to testify at an impromptu criminal trial being held in a quaint general store out in the country. While he is waiting to take the 'stand' and give his testimony, the kid keeps staring at this shelf holding both canned fish and deviled meat products. The symbolism indicating the young man had a choice, to either tell the truth like Jesus the fisher of men or to lie like the devil. Or something like that.

Your symbolism obviously tells a different kind of story, but nonetheless, it made me think of that Faulkner story. Cool pic.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
Just to clarify, is this reffering to someone who who feels that christianity should have dominion and works as an exterminator? or is this reffering to something else?

Misty

The dominionists are nutters and would be every bit as bad as the Taliban given half a chance!

linwood

Just to clarify, is this reffering to someone who who feels that christianity should have dominion and works as an exterminator? or is this reffering to something else?

Christian Dominionists have gone as far as stating that anyone who was unwilling to abide by their totalitarian rule(if they ever achieved it)should be "Exterminated" if they refused to leave the country.

Dominionism

In a politico-religious context, dominionism (also called subjectionism[1]) is the tendency among some conservative politically-active Christians, especially in the United States, to seek influence or control over secular civil government through political action. The goal is either a nation governed by Christians, or a nation governed by a conservative Christian understanding of biblical law. The use and application of this terminology is a matter of controversy.

Dominionism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By Any Means Necessary

Part of the dominionist methodology is essentially to do whatever it takes, without regard for good or evil, to accomplish the goals. Dominionist spokespeople blithely quote Machiavelli in the name of conducting God&#8217;s work and establishing His dominion here on Earth through the vessel of the U.S. government. Michael Leeden of the American Enterprise Institute is a frequent guest on the The 700 Club and in 1999 published Machiavelli on Modern Leadership: Why Machiavelli&#8217;s Iron Rules Are as Timely and Important Today as Five Centuries Ago. In it he states:

http://www.secularhumanism.org/library/shb/koepsell_20_2.htm

Last edited:

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
I took this shot driving down the road today (I know, I know, careless but I just couldn`t help it).

Does the symbolism strike anyone else as freaking scary?

Christian, Dominionist, Exterminators, <shudder> it`s my worst nightmare!

Christian_dominion_exterminator.JPG

I can't see it well... Does it mean that they exterminate dominionists, or they are dominionists exterminating others?

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
Christian Dominionists have gone as far as stating that anyone who was unwilling to abide by their totalitarian rule(if they ever achieved it)should be "Exterminated" if they refused to leave the country.

ah, k thanks