• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

China Places Country Dangerously Close To US Warship

Ponder This

"Now, I know what you’re thinking: what is a Chinese navy vessel doing in the Taiwan Strait, right where US and Canadian warships are peacefully conducting routine navigation exercises?"

https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2023/06/05/china-places-country-dangerously-close-to-us-warship/

How far do you think China is willing to go with this aggression?
Maybe everyone should start conducting military flights in Taiwan's airspace.

More seriously, China is willing to militarily conquer Taiwan (if able). Their aggression is not a question of willingness; it is a question of consequence.
What are the consequences of China aggression? One consequence of flying miltary planes in Taiwan's airspace is that the U.S. and Canada will conduct joint exercises in international waters near Taiwan.

lukethethird

unknown member
Maybe everyone should start conducting military flights in Taiwan's airspace.

More seriously, China is willing to militarily conquer Taiwan (if able). Their aggression is not a question of willingness; it is a question of consequence.
What are the consequences of China aggression? One consequence of flying miltary planes in Taiwan's airspace is that the U.S. and Canada will conduct joint exercises in international waters near Taiwan.
I am not privy to China's inner circle so I don't know anything about China being willing to militarily conquer Taiwan though I have heard the notion parroted on western mainstream media ad nauseum and by posters such as yourself. Which is it, are U.S. and Canada joint military exercises causing China's "aggression" or is it the other way around, or just a vicious circle?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Me providing a map of international waters was my way of misrepresenting international waters
A map of international waters is all well and good. What exactly are you suggesting the implication of the map is? What rights do you think it conveys?

You completely whiffed on responding to my the clarification I provided on this.

Tell you what, though...explain the map you provided.

Ponder This

I am not privy to China's inner circle so I don't know anything about China being willing to militarily conquer Taiwan though I have heard the notion parroted on western mainstream media ad nauseum and by posters such as yourself. Which is it, are U.S. and Canada joint military exercises causing China's "aggression" or is it the other way around, or just a vicious circle?

I thought President Xi spoke on behalf of China, but maybe I'm wrong. What "inner circle" do you refer to?

Do you think Eastern Media coverage is significantly different from Western Media coverage on the topic of China's aggression toward Taiwan?

The cause of aggression near Taiwan is China's desire to rule Taiwan. Taiwan does not want to be ruled by mainland China.
So, no, it's not "just a vicious circle". There's underlying reason. A hurricane does not create itself.

lukethethird

unknown member
I thought President Xi spoke on behalf of China, but maybe I'm wrong. What "inner circle" do you refer to?

Do you think Eastern Media coverage is significantly different from Western Media coverage on the topic of China's aggression toward Taiwan?

The cause of aggression near Taiwan is China's desire to rule Taiwan. Taiwan does not want to be ruled by mainland China.
So, no, it's not "just a vicious circle". There's underlying reason. A hurricane does not create itself.
Like I stated, I have heard the claims parroted ad nauseum.

I think independent investigative journalism is significantly different than western mainstream media coverage.

Ponder This

Like I stated, I have heard the claims parroted ad nauseum.

I think independent investigative journalism is significantly different than western mainstream media coverage.
When President Xi speaks publically, media everywhere parrots it and covers it ad nauseum, which is expected.
Like I asked, what "inner circle" do you refer to? If you don't think Xi is leading China, then who do you think is leading China?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Also, China's looming and potentially disastrous worker shortage, which makes starting a war with - and annexing - Taiwan both a potential source of workers and re-enforced national pride.

lukethethird

unknown member
When President Xi speaks publically, media everywhere parrots it and covers it ad nauseum, which is expected.
Like I asked, what "inner circle" do you refer to? If you don't think Xi is leading China, then who do you think is leading China?
You will have to quote President Xi and in context, otherwise I have no idea what you are on about.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
You will have to quote President Xi and in context, otherwise I have no idea what you are on about.
1686967961222.gif

Wu Wei

Relying on sources and asking for a quote on a religious forum, silly me, what was I thinking?
But that is not what you are doing. If you actually understood China you would have actually understood the post you were asking for sources from……and not asked such a silly question

lukethethird

unknown member
But that is not what you are doing. If you actually understood China you would have actually understood the post you were asking for sources from……and not asked such a silly question
Asking for sources, as in a quote was exactly and precisely what I was doing and you continue to make me realize what a stupid and foolish thing it was to ask for on a religious forum.

Wu Wei

Asking for sources, as in a quote was exactly and precisely what I was doing and you continue to make me realize what a stupid and foolish thing it was to ask for on a religious forum.
Interesting…kinda the pot calling the kettle black there don’t you think"….. asking for a source like you are just shows how much you really don’t know about China and its government or current events for that matter. I would be more than willing to discuss China with you, but you have to much to learn before that conversation would be of any worth for me to continue.

said It before TTFN

lukethethird

unknown member
Interesting…kinda the pot calling the kettle black there don’t you think"….. asking for a source like you are just shows how much you really don’t know about China and its government or current events for that matter. I would be more than willing to discuss China with you, but you have to much to learn before that conversation would be of any worth for me to continue.

said It before TTFN
I didn't call anybody anything. I don't know what your problem is but you really are going out of your way to make this personal.