• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

China Overtly Supporting War On Ukraine

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Initially, China only abstained in the UN vote to halt the the invasion.
China's state media buys Meta ads pushing Russia's line on war

Things are changing.

China should profit greatly from the falling price of Russian fuel.
How China could exploit the West's ban on Russian oil and gas
And from falling the price of Russian energy companies.
Western companies are exiting Russia en masse after the invasion of Ukraine, and China is eyeing a way in

China is trying to sway westerners to Putin's propaganda.
China's state media buys Meta ads pushing Russia's line on war

This poses a long term strategic problem for the rest of the world.
A unified Russia & China, with designs on conquering neighboring
countries, would be more formidable.

Last edited:

esmith

Veteran Member
Well, given their past cooperation it was inevitable that they would side with Russia.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Unfortunately this shows that China is amoral and is only looking out for themselves. Yes, China can temporarily profit from the low cost of Russian oil. Their trade with Russia will become highly profitable for them with the drop in the value of the Ruble and the reluctance of others to trade with them.

It would be nice if the western world could get their act together and sanction China economically for these actions, but sadly I doubt if that will happen.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's why I said these sanctions suck. They're hurting people indiscriminately across the board but helping China.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's why I said these sanctions suck. They're hurting people indiscriminately across the board but helping China.
Spread sanctions to China?
Anyway, it appears that they hurt
Russia more than other countries.
And with a populace that largely
supports the war, let'm suffer.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
It would be nice if the western world could get their act together and sanction China economically for these actions, but sadly I doubt if that will happen.

Hard to do in Australia, virtually every manufactured good we have is made in China.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hard to do in Australia, virtually every manufactured good we have is made in China.
I knew it was bad since seeing the American flag had a print on it that said, "Made in China".

Thank the people that directly caused our industry to go overseas, and summarily destroying the vast majority of our manufacturing sector.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I knew it was bad since seeing the American flag had a print on it that said, "Made in China".

Thank the people that directly caused our industry to go overseas, and summarily destroying the vast majority of our manufacturing sector.

It's our own fault in Australia, we chose to buy the cheaper imported goods and put the local manufacturers out of business.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
This poses a long term strategic problem for the rest of the world.
A unified Russia & China, with designs on conquering neighboring
countries, would be more formidable.
I've decided not to speculate. We are capable of allergic and inflammatory responses to imaginary threats. Currently China is not interested in a war with us. Currently Russia is not either.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Most of ours too. In fact this shows why one needs a diverse group of suppliers. If one goes off the deep end there should be two or three others that one can go to.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've decided not to speculate. We are capable of allergic and inflammatory responses to imaginary threats. Currently China is not interested in a war with us. Currently Russia is not either.
But China is very interested in war with Taiwan
And we know which war interests Russia.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Spread sanctions to China?
Anyway, it appears that they hurt
Russia more than other countries.
And with a populace that largely
supports the war, let'm suffer.
That just deepens their support of Putin. Even if it's ideologically, you don't draw people to your cause by inflicting suffering on them. If you want to get them to drop their support of Putin you have to offer to scratch their back so they'll scratch yours. Otherwise it's hardly different than the situation of radical imams who preach of the "Great Satan" as US bombs fall around them.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
But China is very interested in war with Taiwan
And we know which war interests Russia.
If I were to speculate it would be unfiltered and somewhat off the beaten path, probably involving robot dogs and half human hybrid warriors.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That just deepens their support of Putin.
I don't think so, because info other than
Putin's propaganda is very likely to leak in.
Even if it's ideologically, you don't draw people to your cause by inflicting suffering on them. If you want to get them to drop their support of Putin you have to offer to scratch their back so they'll scratch yours. Otherwise it's hardly different than the situation of radical imams who preach of the "Great Satan" as US bombs fall around them.
If the suffering is associated with Putin, &
the war is seen as costly, it works for us.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

You realize who they are, right?

kaninchen

The Chinese will do whatever appears to them to be in their best interests which is unlikely to include harming their major markets. I'd suggest that a pariah Russia, largely dependent on Chinese goodwill to survive, would look like a wonderful colony of exploitation.