• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Child support

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
$10,000? That's a third of my annual salary!
With my current checks, and with lots of overtime, I barly make more than that a year. $10,000 a month were I live is a very nice living. I have determined 2000 a month is needed to have some extra money. $10,000 a month, thats more than Delphi and Chrysler workers make. Are you sure you posted correctly, and its not $1,000 a month?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
$10,000? That's a third of my annual salary!
With my current checks, and with lots of overtime, I barly make more than that a year. $10,000 a month were I live is a very nice living. I have determined 2000 a month is needed to have some extra money. $10,000 a month, thats more than Delphi and Chrysler workers make. Are you sure you posted correctly, and its not $1,000 a month?

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
turk179 said:
I was ordered to pay $324.00 a month from N.Y. Because I didn't find out that I had a daughter until a year after she was born (long story) I had to pay back support for that year which was $200 dollars more a month. Which was a total of $524.00 dollars a month. Not that big of a deal because at the time I was pulling in about $2,000 a month. It took me a few years to be able to pay the back amount and after that it was a reasonable amount. When I moved to Florida I took about $1000 dollar pay cut. Things became a little tight. I applied for a reduction in my child support and they increased it to $364 instead. After the hurricanes hit Florida, the factory that I worked in was destroyed which left me out of work which made back child support again:eek:. I was still paying back child support when I moved to Iowa and I have been out of a job almost the entire time I have been here. I finally have a job (still waiting to start) and when the paychecks start rolling in, $564 of it will be going to child support. I have been paying child support for over 10 years without a problem but when you call N.Y. child support they treat you like you are the scum of the earth. They questioned my morals for not paying and told me the longer I go without income the higher the back support I would owe. Like I wanted my plant to be destroyed by a hurricane and I wanted to worry about where I would get my next meal. I have always been responsible paying child support until now and you would think that they could have a better attitude toward the fathers instead of just treating them all like dead beats. Sometimes real issues do come up.

Do you see your child?

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
My son's dad lives in another state, and I wish we had never let the State of Florida handle this. He is by no means a dead beat dad, but the Florida Dept. of Rev. keeps suspending his liscense and freezing his bank account. I have had to go the the court house on several occassions to try to clear his account, but it costs me 50 bucks to file the motion for credit. And then a couple of months go by, and bam, he gets hit again. I don't know if it's a computer glitch or what. But it seems that the system really sticks it to the ones they have to make up for the dad's they can't get a hold of. I am very sorry for all the dad's out there. I only get 200 a month for child support. Everybody tells me I'm entitled to much more than that. But I would rather him be able to afford to come see his son, and take his son to see him.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
There are those fathers who have to pay for their child that they never get to see. Fathers who are brought to court to pay for child support and not getting anything out of it but misery from the mother because it gives the mother satisfaction to see the man squirm. It's hard to read about all the fathers out there that are working 2-3 jobs just to support their child or children and never get to see them.

Makes us women look bad thinking that we are only here to suck the life out of you by taking everything that you have.

I can see if you are paying due to the childs very expensive needs, but not if the mother only leeches you so that she can have a mansion to live in even though the child will be living in it. A home is a home. If the mother is only doing this so that she can be a stay at home mom and the child is healthy, then that is no reason to take the man for everything that he has. The mother should fend for herself and make sure that the child gets all the child support money for the childs needs and future and not for her if that is what she is planning.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Some courts are more interested in flexing their muscles then they are at trying to help the child. The pros. att. in Henderson, Ky. told my work in Arkansas that he didn't care if I ever paid a dime in support, he just wanted me to rot in jail.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
When I was in jail, the court would literally try and extort money from the family of the offender. Not only would he have to pay a portion of the back support, but also court costs, 3 or 4 grand to pay to cops that came and got him from the jail he was arrested at, plus $27 a day to the Henderson County jail.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Let me add this to. If your family did pay, they would keep the charge a misdemeanor, but if you did not pay, they would make it a felony, in which then they could get money from the State for keeping you.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
When i was living in England, I decided not to say who the father of my children was, he was very violent toward both me and my, then 2 children.
I was told because I refused to tell them who the father was, they would deduct 20 pound from my money each week....... Within 2 weeks my money had dropped.
Not been funny here, but I was suffering along with my children, I knew if he had to pay for them, I would have been beaten balck and blue.

My story turned out semi well, when I went to a woman's refuge, they noticed how low my money was, and called the child support for me, with in 2 days I had a call back, and they decided to fefund all the money taken from me, because there was no way this man could be contacted about us.
I don't want him any where near either my self or my children, and I revoked his rights to be a parent of my children, its all on paper in England.

What gets to me, is he is off scot free, and ive heard another child on the way with another lady now, he also has 3 from a past relationship, and don't pay for any of them.
The child support in England knows who he is, has his address, but don't take a penny.
Another father may want to pay and help his children, but they will hunt him down, make him pay all back support, and even put him in jail for a missed payment. Its twisted!

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
EnhancedSpirit said:
My son's dad lives in another state, and I wish we had never let the State of Florida handle this. He is by no means a dead beat dad, but the Florida Dept. of Rev. keeps suspending his liscense and freezing his bank account. I have had to go the the court house on several occassions to try to clear his account, but it costs me 50 bucks to file the motion for credit. And then a couple of months go by, and bam, he gets hit again. I don't know if it's a computer glitch or what. But it seems that the system really sticks it to the ones they have to make up for the dad's they can't get a hold of. I am very sorry for all the dad's out there. I only get 200 a month for child support. Everybody tells me I'm entitled to much more than that. But I would rather him be able to afford to come see his son, and take his son to see him.
CSA here does similar...to the point that if it's an amicable divorce and people come up with maintenance arrangements that everyone is happy with, they'll go off and get court orders to enforce arrangements that no-one wanted in the first place.I'm sure there are enough people out there not doing the right thing that they could leave the people who are behaving like grown ups alone to get on with it.

Draka

Wonder Woman
mrscardero said:
There are those fathers who have to pay for their child that they never get to see. Fathers who are brought to court to pay for child support and not getting anything out of it but misery from the mother because it gives the mother satisfaction to see the man squirm. It's hard to read about all the fathers out there that are working 2-3 jobs just to support their child or children and never get to see them.

Makes us women look bad thinking that we are only here to suck the life out of you by taking everything that you have.

I can see if you are paying due to the childs very expensive needs, but not if the mother only leeches you so that she can have a mansion to live in even though the child will be living in it. A home is a home. If the mother is only doing this so that she can be a stay at home mom and the child is healthy, then that is no reason to take the man for everything that he has. The mother should fend for herself and make sure that the child gets all the child support money for the childs needs and future and not for her if that is what she is planning.

My second husband paid child support during the time we were together and I can verify that he never got to see his daughters. I never even met my step-daughters. And Turk only saw his daughter that he's paying child support on once in her life, about a year after she was born. He has never seen her since. She is 13 now. Both of these guys have about nil time with their daughters and I can tell you it isn't from lack of trying. I've even gone with my ex to try to visit his daughters and the mother would always be gone. Either conveniently out or suddenly moved with no forwarding address. My ex husband's first wife even tried to take him to court to have the daughter's last name changed due to "abandonment"! She even admitted she would never let him see her! How stupid can you get? She lost that case. Turk has tried to look for his daughter but the addresses he gets are always outdated. Seems his ex is quite the mover. I have known several guys in these situaltions. Men get screwed when it comes to child support and custody and visitation rights.

turk179

I smell something....
Draka said:
My second husband paid child support during the time we were together and I can verify that he never got to see his daughters. I never even met my step-daughters. And Turk only saw his daughter that he's paying child support on once in her life, about a year after she was born. He has never seen her since. She is 13 now. Both of these guys have about nil time with their daughters and I can tell you it isn't from lack of trying. I've even gone with my ex to try to visit his daughters and the mother would always be gone. Either conveniently out or suddenly moved with no forwarding address. My ex husband's first wife even tried to take him to court to have the daughter's last name changed due to "abandonment"! She even admitted she would never let him see her! How stupid can you get? She lost that case. Turk has tried to look for his daughter but the addresses he gets are always outdated. Seems his ex is quite the mover. I have known several guys in these situations. Men get screwed when it comes to child support and custody and visitation rights.
Sometimes it comes down to either hire a lawyer and a P.I. or pay the rent and buy some food. When paying almost $400 a month in child support, things can get a little tricky when it comes to where the money will go.

Maxist

One things that I have been hearing about alot here is if the child has special needs. No, he does not. Metally sound, as well as physically. My imediate reaction was to exclaim "What does the court system think that you are a crack addict?" But not that either.