• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Hebdo 'wins' the Islamophobia Award 2015

dust1n

Zindīq
What is wrong with you! How can you read what he has said and say it is not "unreasonable". Killing someone because they insult a man who has been dead for over 1300 years is nothing but "unreasonable". His "distinction" between Muslim countries and the lands of the unbelievers is interesting, but it does not make what he is saying reasonable, not by a long shot. His views in this matter are absurd, dangerous, barbaric and most certainly "unreasonable"!

(sorry for shouting at you, but I just had to)

I find nothing particularly worrisome about the parts I quoted. As far as Muslim countries are concerned, I don't plan on going.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I find nothing particularly worrisome about the parts I quoted. As far as Muslim countries are concerned, I don't plan on going.
Ok, I understand that, but the part you quoted was not the relevant part. It is like a guy walks into the room and says "I like to strangle people, and then eat chicken salad", and your response to this statement is that you like chicken salad too. The part of his post that you quoted was the chicken salad part.

Do you at least understand my problem here?

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
OMG
I just realized that there is a link in Flankerls OP
The award is "satirical". A joke.
Heh heh. What a sense of humor.

The Islamophobe awards have been running in their current format since 2011. Shadjareh believes they are an effective, tongue-in-cheek way of doing away with Muslim stereotypes.

“One of the reasons [for the awards] is to challenge the stereotyping that Muslims have no sense of humour, they are always angry, to show that we also can use humour and satire to address serious issues of our time.”

Apparently the Islamic Human Rights Commission is a comedy club.

I'd love to hear their Raif Badawi satirical jokes. As I am sure they know, Saudi Arabia is a world leader in Human Rights. Now there is some satire material.

Tom

gsa

OMG
I just realized that there is a link in Flankerls OP
The award is "satirical". A joke.
Heh heh. What a sense of humor.

The Islamophobe awards have been running in their current format since 2011. Shadjareh believes they are an effective, tongue-in-cheek way of doing away with Muslim stereotypes.

“One of the reasons [for the awards] is to challenge the stereotyping that Muslims have no sense of humour, they are always angry, to show that we also can use humour and satire to address serious issues of our time.”

Apparently the Islamic Human Rights Commission is a comedy club.

I'd love to hear their Raif Badawi satirical jokes. As I am sure they know, Saudi Arabia is a world leader in Human Rights. Now there is some satire material.

Tom

And as grotesque as their "satire" is, no one will kill them for it.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
And as grotesque as their "satire" is, no one will kill them for it.
To be fair, I too would develope a phobia of Islam if my staff were getting gunned down by Islamists, and if a significant portion of other Muslims were sympathetic to said executions.
This implies a good question.

Did the Islamic Human Rights Commission give this award to the victims of Islamic murder, or to the survivors?
It kinda changes the joke. At least to me.

Tom

gsa

This implies a good question.

Did the Islamic Human Rights Commission give this award to the victims of Islamic murder, or to the survivors?
It kinda changes the joke. At least to me.

Tom

The magazine, no distinction. But the reason for the nomination and award is clear. This is an Islamist organization.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The magazine, no distinction. But the reason for the nomination and award is clear. This is an Islamist organization.
The reason isnt clear. Is the IHRC about getting unIslamic rights for Muslims?
That's what it looks like. Muslims want the right to indulge in satire, but don't want to be the subject of satire.
So they want it both ways, satirising the victims of Muslim murder who made satire of Muslim murders. But they don't want to be murdered for doing so.
Fortunately, the Islamic Human Rights Commission is based in Great Britain. They can confidently expect a nonMuslim judiciary to protect them.

Tom

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
I never understood why kuffar hate to be called so. Godobeyer, i never take it serious when christian sees me as infidel.

Iam wondering if they are not disbelievers(not believing in Allah, prophets and last day) , are they mu'mins(believers)?

To call them believers is insult because i would tell Lie about them, i would say they believe in Allah , prophets and judgement day.

Gsaseeker and others would see it as insult to be called believers/muminiin.

For my experience they don't like it .

in chat or debating with disbelievers by calling them Kufar is not wise discusion .

Servant_of_the_One1

in chat or debating with disbelievers by calling them Kufar is not wise discusion .

I asked Gsaseeker, he doesnt mind it.
Besides thats how they are called in quran, as kuffar.

It only means people who dont believe in Allah, Prophets etc.
For example we are kuffar in trinity, or kuffar in hinduism. We dont believe in their beliefs.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

in chat or debating with disbelievers by

calling them Kufar is not wise discusion .

What is the correct French-Algerian word for me?
Kufar?
I like many Muslims, like you. I think Islam is evil. The good ones are good in spite of being Islamic, not because they are Islamic.

Then there are other Islamic people, like ISIS and Boko Haram and ....
well the list is endless.

Are they kufar, or Muslims?

Tom

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I asked Gsaseeker, he doesnt mind it.
Besides thats how they are called in quran, as kuffar.

It only means people who dont believe in Allah, Prophets etc.
For example we are kuffar in trinity, or kuffar in hinduism. We dont believe in their beliefs.
you would not understand my point , YES God called them Kufar , and we are kufar in trinity and hinduism .

in discuss or chat , i don't recommand to call any one kafir .

Why ?

Because : this word , is missused (by extrem Scholars) to discribe them as enemy , it's not wise .

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
What is the correct French-Algerian word for me?
Kufar?
I like many Muslims, like you. I think Islam is evil. The good ones are good in spite of being Islamic, not because they are Islamic.

Then there are other Islamic people, like ISIS and Boko Haram and ....
well the list is endless.

Are they kufar, or Muslims?

Tom
it's Arabic word .
Kafir : mean disbeliever
Kufar : mean disbelievers

no one could detect if ISIS or Boko are Muslims or Kufar .
but surelly they are sinners and criminals. their sins may don't forgiven by God , so they may will jet in Hell .