• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Characteristics of a Conservative Utopia (CU)

tytlyf

Not Religious
Of course it isn't. With a 4 star rating of 91.62 what was I ever thinking?

Charity Navigator - Rating for Cato Institute
I'm not referring to charities. I'm referring to the corporate/capitalist agenda. Cato is used often in Far-right media as a source of information to support the republican establishment goals.

So, you seem to be a fan of the Koch's and oligarchs who pour millions in dark money into our elections and buying up members of congress.

Wandering Monk

Cato Institute is not a reliable or credible source. Unless of course you're a fan of the Koch oligarchy and toeing the corporate/capitalist line.

You can do better, research who the people are that you think are credible. Because in the end, they're not.

They may have their opinions, but they cannot have their own facts. If their facts are correct, then what is left is interpretation.

tytlyf

Not Religious
They may have their opinions, but they cannot have their own facts. If their facts are correct, then what is left is interpretation.
Exactly. Half the country doesn't even agree on verifiable facts. That's a problem.
And I know exactly who's responsible.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm not referring to charities. I'm referring to the corporate/capitalist agenda. Cato is used often in Far-right media as a source of information to support the republican establishment goals.

So, you seem to be a fan of the Koch's and oligarchs who pour millions in dark money into our elections and buying up members of congress.
Source please?

tytlyf

Not Religious
Source please?
Cato Institute - SourceWatch

Public information. They're also a part of the RW think-tank "secret" organization SPN

The Cato Institute is a libertarian think tank founded by Charles G. Koch and funded by the Koch brothers. It is headquartered in Washington, D.C. The Institute states that it favors policies "that are consistent with the traditional American principles of limited government, individual liberty, and peace."[1] Cato scholars conduct policy research on a broad range of public policy issues and produce books, studies, op-eds, and blog posts. They are also frequent guests in the media.

The Cato Institute is an "associate" member of the State Policy Network, a web of right-wing “think tanks” in every state across the country.[2] They are also part of the international Atlas Group network with links to the Institute for Humane Studies. The Independent Institute seems to operate as a Cato subsidiary.

Where ideology and science part company, Cato favors ideology, as shown by an advertisement[3] published in newspapers in 2009 disputing the state of the science on climate change.[4]