• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Changing Eating Habits

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
I've decided that a big dinner is bad.
To eat one's high calorie meal before sleeping
means one will store rather than use the calories.
I've also decided to eat smaller meals in general.
It didn't happen right away...but eventually, it all
fell into place. (Perhaps warm weather made it
easier? Will I keep it up in winter?)

What eating goals do you'ns have?
I would like to go full carnivore, just to see how it affects stuff like my energy levels... but people here keep buying bread and ice cream...ok sometimes it's me buying them.

So my goal is just to exercise it off each day.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I'll happily take your sugary crap, if you don't want it. :)

Though I'm happy to hear you can fit into them again, I think you oughta consider some new trousers.
What? After I've gone to all that trouble preserving them with silica gel:eek:? (Only kidding).

The fact is that I don't seem to wear trousers out quickly these days - and men's fashions don't change much really, once you get past 40 or so.

The pair of 30 waist 32 leg Levi 501s I've got now I must have had for over a decade. I know because when I started to put on a few pounds I bought a 32/32 pair -and my wife scolded me for looking like an old man in them, because they were a bit baggy in the thigh and round the arse. And she's been dead for nearly 6 yrs now. But anyway the 30/32s are comfortable again now, so I proudly wear them to things like choir rehearsals, in the hope that some of the women there will think I'm younger than I am.:oops: Don't know why I bother, really, but I suppose it's residual instinct to look one's best for the opposite sex. Some of the guys there are shambling wrecks - and I really don't want to look like that.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
What? After I've gone to all that trouble preserving them with silica gel:eek:? (Only kidding).

The fact is that I don't seem to wear trousers out quickly these days - and men's fashions don't change much really, once you get past 40 or so.

The pair of 30 waist 32 leg Levi 501s I've got now I must have had for over a decade. I know because when I started to put on a few pounds I bought a 32/32 pair -and my wife scolded me for looking like an old man in them, because they were a bit baggy in the thigh and round the arse. And she's been dead for nearly 6 yrs now. But anyway the 30/32s are comfortable again now, so I proudly wear them to things like choir rehearsals, in the hope that some of the women there will think I'm younger than I am.:oops: Don't know why I bother, really, but I suppose it's residual instinct to look one's best for the opposite sex. Some of the guys there are shambling wrecks - and I really don't want to look like that.

My mom's got you beat... she still has a pair of shorts she used to wear when she was raising me...

I managed to keep a favorite top for close to 20 years. It was a corset top, so it could change shape... I even wore it through two pregnancies(with the third pregnancy I was so miserable, I don't think I ever strayed from sweats and PJs). Black and purple, with elaborate embroidery... it began to get a little threadbare. I took it to a seamstress, who said it couldn't be fixed(but she'd make me a replica for $150). I just started wearing a black undershirt under it, just in case...

Just in case happened. The threads finally wore out one day while I was wearing it... its gone now. I miss it.

exchemist

Veteran Member
My mom's got you beat... she still has a pair of shorts she used to wear when she was raising me...

I managed to keep a favorite top for close to 20 years. It was a corset top, so it could change shape... I even wore it through two pregnancies(with the third pregnancy I was so miserable, I don't think I ever strayed from sweats and PJs). Black and purple, with elaborate embroidery... it began to get a little threadbare. I took it to a seamstress, who said it couldn't be fixed(but she'd make me a replica for $150). I just started wearing a black undershirt under it, just in case...

Just in case happened. The threads finally wore out one day while I was wearing it... its gone now. I miss it.
Hmm, maybe I should meet your mom...........:D

But on second thoughts no, we'd have to explain the peeing contest.

We Never Know

No Slack
I've decided that a big dinner is bad.
To eat one's high calorie meal before sleeping
means one will store rather than use the calories.
I've also decided to eat smaller meals in general.
It didn't happen right away...but eventually, it all
fell into place. (Perhaps warm weather made it
easier? Will I keep it up in winter?)

What eating goals do you'ns have?

In the last year I went from 242lbs down to 197lb. I didn't change what I ate, I changed when I ate and how much I ate.

For example..
1. I don't eat unless my stomach growls, it lets me know when I am hungry. We get in this habit of its beeakfast, lunch, or supper time, so I gotta eat lol
2. I ate smaller portions instead of eating until stuffed
3. After 5:00 pm nothings goes in my mouth except water until the next day.

I feel a lot better. But that's me and what I did. Everyone is different.

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
This was me last year at 59/60 years old(cant remember if it was before or after my birthday). I weighed 242lbs, had fat in my face, upper torso, belly, double chin, etc.

Now that I'm down to 197lbs most of that is gone(no current selfie yet). I feel a lot better. My knees thank, my blood pressure thanks me and my primary doctor loves it.

As we age losing weight gets harder and extra weight is so hard on our body.... So drop it when and while you can is my advice

View attachment 62969

I find it interesting you show so much of yourself, yet blank out your eyes! :D