• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Challenge: I'm willing to convert if.......

jimb

Premium Member
Surely a religion entails something of the extraordinary. Does it not?

That's all I'm asking. Proof of some kind, of this extraordinary.

Hebrews 11:1, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for, being convinced of what we do not see".

If you read this verse and think carefully about what it says, you will understand faith.

jimb

Premium Member
Belief in Jesus, god whatever is all about faith, not facts.

That faith comes from your upbringing or what people have told you, nothing else. Not god, not Jesus, just your regular Tom, Dick or Harry

LOL! :D

Read the post immediately above this one.

jimb

Premium Member
No, not at all.

I am willing to change my beliefs but I need some evidence, please, thats all.

Again...

Hebrews 11:1, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for, being convinced of what we do not see".

If you read this verse and think carefully about what it says, you will understand faith.

jimb

Premium Member
I didn't say it it is mutually exclusive. It just doesn't constitute proof of divine intervention.
The doctors were unable (for days) to break my asthma spasm. Prayer was made to Jesus on my behalf, and I was instantly healed.

That is sufficient proof IMHO.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Why don't you ask God why He heals some people and not others?
Because I was asking you. I don't have a relationship with your God. If you don't have the answer, perhaps you might ask for me and provide all of us with His response.

Here are three clues...

"Then he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace.”" Luke 8:48

"Then he said to the man, “Get up and go your way. Your faith has made you well.” Luke 17:19

And it gets even better...

"Some people came bringing to him a paralytic, carried by four of them. When they were not able to bring him in because of the crowd, they removed the roof above Jesus. Then, after tearing it out, they lowered the stretcher the paralytic was lying on. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” " Mark 2:3-5
Are you implying that your faith is stronger than those who He doesn't heal? If so, that would be a presumptive and arrogant response.

jimb

Premium Member
Because I was asking you. I don't have a relationship with your God. If you don't have the answer, perhaps you might ask for me and provide all of us with His response.

Are you implying that your faith is stronger than those who He doesn't heal? If so, that would be a presumptive and arrogant response.

God is sovereign. What He chooses to do or not do is entirely up to Him.

And yes, my faith was/is stronger than those whom He doesn't heal. It's irrelevant if you think that is presumptive and arrogant.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The criteria of Methodological Naturalism to falsify hypothesis,
That is not true. For example, careful cataloging of living and fossil species is part of science even if(before Darwin) there was no overarching theory about the diversity of life. Observational science does not require hypothesis falsification.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I mean that it is necessary to find new people, and those new cases can not confirm that past researches were legit (rather than fabricated).
You do understand that repetition does not (and cannot) mean that the same identical event is repeated? If an astronomer witnesses the bending of light today, it's a new observation of a new stream of photons and obviously does not confirm (according to you) if the original observation of light bending was legit or not.
Repetition does not mean the same subject or event is repeated. It means that same pattern or trend or property can be reobserved in a new event under similar circumstances.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Past life memory isn't verified and is certainly not evidence aside from testimony by those who believe it.

There are just too many holes in past life memory that just dosent hold water to be regarded as genuine or completely legitimate.
I suggest you read the documentation of the cases first.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
You do understand that repetition does not (and cannot) mean that the same identical event is repeated? If an astronomer witnesses the bending of light today, it's a new observation of a new stream of photons and obviously does not confirm (according to you) if the original observation of light bending was legit or not.
Repetition does not mean the same subject or event is repeated. It means that same pattern or trend or property can be reobserved in a new event under similar circumstances.

If I were to make use of Tucker's methodology, and my research found absolutely no conclusive evidence of reincarnation happening (presuming that I am neither manipulating the research nor making massive mistakes), how would you interpret this?

Couldn't anyone just claim that I simply didn't happen to come across any legit case, but that Tucker did? How do I do avoid this?

Because if I can't avoid that, I can never, not even in principle, debunk Tucker's work.