• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Challenge: I'm willing to convert if.......

Anyone can prove that the miracles of any kind in the major religious texts, actually happened.

Yes, that's right I am happy to become a Christian or a Muslim.

However, if these miracles cannot be proven, then you must reflect on your belief and the possibility that you believe in what you do, because of your upbringing.

Do not be afraid.
In other words you cannot discern proof from faith.

Madsaac

or...steady state theory from other theories...as if they were all "true."

No, that's incorrect. They are theories based on something measurable.

Your beliefs are based on something that cannot be measured, i.e a book written 2000 years a go

jimb

Premium Member
Yes you are right, I cannot put faith into something without some sort of proof.

Especially a book that was written 2000 years a go.
Well, you should open the "book that was written 2000 years ago" and read Hebrews 11:1 (or better yet, the entire chapter).

jimb

Premium Member
No, that's incorrect. They are theories based on something measurable.

Your beliefs are based on something that cannot be measured, i.e a book written 2000 years a go
This is also wrong. Belief in God is based on the knowledge that He exists. Since widespread literacy is a relatively recent phenomenon, it is obvious that beliefs are based on the actual existence of God and His interaction in our lives.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I was healed of asthma in the hospital by Jesus Christ. The doctors were unable to break the spasm, but when a pastor asked Jesus to heal me, the spasm instantly broke and I immediately became a Christian. (I was a confirmed atheist right up to that moment.)
I believe you were fortunate to have a pastor who actually believed in healing.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Thanks, being a Veteran Member, I imagine you have been on a journey, could you please share some of the miracles you have encountered and/
When I was young (1975), I wanted to travel the world. In 1989 I made my world trip. Half way my "travel desire" was gone, and I started reading Spiritual books. Reading got me interested in Spirituality. Next year I booked my trip to India. I was drawn to a Master in the South, and I stayed in the Ashram

First trip, second day, I got terribly sick, too sick to attend Darshan (meeting the Master).

My roommate wanted to share all the miracles he experienced or heard about.

BUT, I said "I don't know anything, so I don't want to hear anything, I want my own experiences, not being biased".

Ca. 7 days later, this boy runs into the room, shouting "you fool, the Master wanted to grant me interview, but said that 2 were missing, so we didn't get it". I was surprised the Master knew me, as there were thousands of people, and I was sick in my room. But I was too sick, so I said "Well if this Master is Divine incarnated, he should heal me, because I'm too sick".

2 hours later I was completely cured. My first miracle.

We went to Darshan, we did get our interview, I did see another miracle that blew my engineering mind away. I did get what I asked for (my own experiences). And from that moment I guess I was kind of hooked to Spirituality.
or explain how I could search for it myself.
Easiest is to get detached from the world. If too attached to worldly charm, you are not open to Spirituality. You only have so much time in a day. Worldly experience is easy to get, Spirituality usually not, unless you learned the art of not being attached to worldly sense gratification.

Purify your body, speech and mind is also part of Spirituality. Clean conscience will connect you to the Spirit within

Wish you all the Best on your journey

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Since I was healed while in the hospital by Jesus Christ, so I don't need to prove anything to myself or others.
Out of curiosity, if you were looking for Christ's healing, why did you need to find it in a hospital? I would have thought a church a more likely place to find him -- hospitals being full of medical folks and all.