• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Challenge for those that believe in billions of years for the age of things. Give anything that is more than 6000 years old. NO ASSUMPTIONS ALLOWED.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Chimps have 48 chromosomes and people have 46. How can they have descended from a common ancestor.
lol.gif

Here we go again! Brave @SavedByTheLord can't answer the point, so runs away by desperately trying to change the subject.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Chimps have 48 chromosomes and people have 46. How can they have descended from a common ancestor.

Just show how this plays out for 20 generations of offspring.
A primate with 48 by some weird event has an offspring with 46.
The offspring then mates with another primate of the same species but of course has all 48.
Now each donates 1/2 and then what?
How many chromosomes from each parent does the first offspring have?
24 from each or 24 from one and 23 from the other?
1. this has nothing to do with the point about the age of the planet

2. this nonsense has been addressed multiple times already. here's just one post where you are given the explanation:

I personally brought this explanation to your attention multiple times. Goes to show how much of a waste of time it is to answer your silly "questions".

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There are many “clocks” which prove the earth is not billions or even millions of years.
And an analysis of almost all sedimentary rocks shows that they were all laid down within a year of each other about 4500 years ago as a result of the flood.
No, no, no. Show us such a clock. Make sure that you use sources that follow the scientific method. Sedimentary rock shows us that the Earth is very very old.

And remember, if you cannot support your claims that you will only have claimed that your God is a liar, again.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

A primate with 48 by some weird event has an offspring with 46.
The offspring then mates with another primate of the same species but of course has all 48.
I already went over this with you. You admitted that you were wrong by ignoring that post and running away.

SavedByTheLord

I already went over this with you. You admitted that you were wrong by ignoring that post and running away.
Not true.

Chimps have 48 chromosomes and mankind 46.

Supposedly they are descended from a common ancestor.

But how could this have happened through evolution given sexual reproduction?

Start with 48 chromosomes.
A primate with 48 by some weird event has an offspring with 46 .
The offspring then mates with another primate of the same species which of course has all 48.
How could that offspring even survive?
How did it ever have an offspring?
Who did the first offspring mate with if it is not another primate with 48 chromosomes?
How could 2 chromosomes fuse if their ends are protected?
Keep going until 20 generations.

And do not forget the over 100 million differences in the DNA between chimps and people.

And of course, there can be no common descent if the chromosome counts are different for any proposed species pairs.
I have proved that macro evolution is a lie.

And I have also proved abiogenies is impossible without God and the Big Bang too.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Not true.

The offspring then mates with another primate of the same species which of course has all 48.
Who did the first offspring mate with if it is not another primate with 48 chromosomes?

And do not forget the over 100 million differences in the DNA between chimps and people.

And of course, there can be no common descent if the chromosome counts are different for any proposed species pairs.

And I have also proved abiogenies is impossible without God and the Big Bang too.
The only things you have proven is that you do not know what you are talking about, that you are proud that you do not know what you are talking about, that you have little to no understanding when it comes to the Bible or science, or logic, or reason, that you have your own personal definitions for a rather large number of everyday words. that you refuse to learn anything outside your box of beliefs...

Yet you have not even come close to proving the things you have claimed to have proven.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
if plate tectonics replaced eroded material then the surface of the earth we see today is not old so there still is nothing on the face of the earth that is billions of years old. you are operating from the assumption that the earth is immensely old and fudging in arguments to support the assumption.
the Mississippi River dumps sediment into the Gulf of Mexico every day if this had been happening for 100s of millions of years much of the river's drainage basin would have been washed out to sea by now. by all appearances the Mississippi river is young. same can be said for the niagra falls. every year they cut back the escarpment, the rates of erosion have been measured and we are talking about 1000s of years not millions.
Radiometric dating is a lot of hogwash. most rocks are not radioactive at all and why would anyone assume that the parent element broke down into the daughter elements in the sample.
what does it mean "appears to be very very accurate". either it's accurate or it isn't and how do you know it's accurate unless you already know the age of the sample? if you don't know the age of a rock and then test it and then you get a date you can't say that the date is accurate since you don't know the date.
the earth is young and God is near, time is short and there is more to reality than the present.
old earthers convince no one, not even themselves.
Because of the accuracy of microwaves makes CMBR ( cosmic microwave background radiation ) dating possible.
To say God made a young Earth look old is saying God is a deceiver, a liar -> Titus 1:2; Hebrews 6:18
Yes, old earthers are convinced that God does Not lie. Earth looks old because Earth is old. God doesn't use deceit.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It means you can in fact Biblically sell your daughter into slavery.
Remember in ancient Israel there were No debtor's prisons.
Plus, to work off a debt could only last for up to 7 years, unless the Jubilee Year came first. - Deuteronomy chapter 15

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
It means you can in fact Biblically sell your daughter into slavery.

I'm female. My parents did not sell me into a marriage, but many people will agree that life and marriage is a form of slavery. We are enslaved to a certain extent to poor conditions, poor administration, poor education for some, child slavery in some countries. No slave owner by the Jews was approved by God to treat any slave mercilessly. Times were different back then. Imagine if today all forms of slavery were banned, what do you think would happen and how would it come about? Do you think people would accept that without rebelling? Think about it.

YoursTrue

Remember in ancient Israel there were No debtor's prisons.
Plus, to work off a debt could only last for up to 7 years, unless the Jubilee Year came first. - Deuteronomy chapter 15
True. And as pointed out to me some time ago, there were no prisons either. Thanks for the above about the time limit for indebtedness.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I'm female. My parents did not sell me into a marriage, but many people will agree that life and marriage is a form of slavery. We are enslaved to a certain extent to poor conditions, poor administration, poor education for some, child slavery in some countries. No slave owner by the Jews was approved by God to treat any slave mercilessly. Times were different back then. Imagine if today all forms of slavery were banned, what do you think would happen and how would it come about? Do you think people would accept that without rebelling? Think about it.
Buttering down the word does not help you any more than flat refusing to say the word helps SavedByTheLord.

YoursTrue

Buttering down the word does not help you any more than flat refusing to say the word helps SavedByTheLord.
I understand to a degree @SavedByTheLord. As you likely know by now, I do not agree with her estimations of some words in the Bible. Any Bible. Her questions regarding evolution as far as I am concerned have been terrific. I have not seen any cogent answers (that make sense) to her questions by -- evolutionists.

YoursTrue

This has nothing to do with buttering down the word. Right now there are rebellions, murders on the street, warfare, people in slave camps because they can't go anywhere -- the Mosaic law code was merciful and expressed God's viewpoints and how He wanted things done at that time. There simply is no "free" society ever at all. ever. You probably don't believe that the Israelites were enslaved in Egypt. It's interesting to me that the Law is written down and people can argue against it. Even if a person doesn't believe the Jews ever were enslaved in Egypt. Or were in the wilderness. Etc. The written word is there....for a long time.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not true.

No, 100% true. I explained this to you.

Yes, and I explained this to you. You owe me an apology. You ran away more than once when I offered to so do again

Once again, I explained this to you. At length. I could probably even find the post were I did so. Apologize for not debating properly. Apologize for running away. And then I will explain it to you again. I am very sure that I could even find the post for you.

But you need to apologize first.

SavedByTheLord

No, 100% true. I explained this to you.

Yes, and I explained this to you. You owe me an apology. You ran away more than once when I offered to so do again

Once again, I explained this to you. At length. I could probably even find the post were I did so. Apologize for not debating properly. Apologize for running away. And then I will explain it to you again. I am very sure that I could even find the post for you.

But you need to apologize first.
You have no explanation at all.

Chimps have 48 chromosome and people only 46.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You have no explanation at all.

Chimps have 48 chromosome and people only 46.

I explained to you, you ran away because you know that you are wrong. As I said, apologize nicely and I will explain it to you again.