• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ceridwen018 - Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceridwen018

Name: Abby

Birthday: 6/8/1987

Interests: Horseback riding, Animals, Philosophy,

Clubs/Jobs: Spanish club, Philosophy club; I work at a nursing home as a dietary aide

Religion/Non-Religion: Secular Humanist, I would say. (non-theist)

Origin of Life View: Scientific

Political Spectrum: More Liberal as of late, but don't tell my hardcore Republican family!

Favorite proverb: "You can lead a horse to water, but if you can teach him to float on his back and spit water like a fountain, then you've got something!" ~Unknown

Favorites:
Book: Mists of Avalon, By Marion Zimmer Bradley
Movie: Sylvester
Animal: Horse!
Food: All Food

Biggest Pet Peeve: People who walk/drive slow

Pet's Names: Paddy, my horse. Gus (black lab) and Chloe (sassy mutt), and Scamp my cat.

Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Drawing, RF...

fromthe heart

Very glad to meet you Abby...You live about 6 hours from me...you keep the snow that comes through ok...don't send any my way...:>)

robtex

Veteran Member
Abby tell us more about your horse and your relationship with him or her. What do you find most inspiring about riding and interacting with horses? Which philosophers have you been drawn too?

Ceridwen018

My horse is a thoroughbred named Paddy. He's retired now, (an old man of 19), but we've had a ton of great times together...and some bad times of course, but the good times are what count. He's taught me an infinite number of things about riding, and has saved my butt even more times when I messed up. He was a great competitive partner for the four years that we were on the circuit together, and I love him dearly. As for which of the men in my life, (Paddy or Spinks) is cuter....Spinks, you're just the cutest thing I've ever seen...:help:

fromtheheart,

I will gladly take all of the snow for you, because that would most likely mean a day off of school for me! Actually, I really just want the weather to cut the crap and get warm already!

dawny,

Ceridwen is the Celtic goddess of fertility. I chose the name because I thought it was pretty, but also because I was really into Celtic mythology at the time. One of my favorite books is a fictional novel called The Mists of Avalon, by Marion Zimmer Bradly, which is an excellent book for anyone interested in the subject.

Daniel,

Woohoo for the best day of the year! We'll have to have our own little RF par-tay this summer! :bounce

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Favorite proverb: "You can lead a horse to water, but if you can teach him to float on his back and spit water like a fountain, then you've got something!" ~Unknown
I've never hear the second part of that one; it's good.

I tried riding once; I found out very quickly that the horse makes up his/her mind who is the 'boss' very quickly. Of course, with me it was the horse.

I take it your family has a religious background ? - At what age did you decide it wasn't for you, and why ? (if it's O.K to ask that).

Status
Not open for further replies.