• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Catholic Church created Islam

Spiderman

Veteran Member
"This includes allegations that Muhammad was manipulated by the Catholic Church to create Islam and destroy the Jews and other groups of Christians, and that Muhammad's first wife Khadijah bint Khuwaylid, was actually a Catholic nun in an Arabian monastery, who was told by a bishop to marry Muhammad and create Islam. Rivera also alleged that the Vatican staged an apparition at Fátima (named after Fatimah, daughter of Muhammad) to cultivate favor with Muslims. He further claims that it also staged the 1981 assassination attempt on Pope John Paul II using a Muslim as the marksman "to guilt-induce the Muslim world, bringing them still closer to the Catholic faith!"[4]
Alberto Rivera (activist) - Wikipedia

There is your proof right there. :D

It never ceases to amaze me what people devote their lives to preaching.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Just so you know where Islam came from.

I saw a guy on TV talking all this trash and essentially saying that the Catholic church is responsible for everything he dislikes about the world.

Oh yes, and here is one of the oaths that Jesuits recite:

jesuit-oath.jpg

Be careful, Pope Francis is a Jesuit. He took that vow.:rolleyes: Everybody cry wolf now! The Jesuits I met serve the poor, educate the ignorant, and care for the sick. They truly are assassins out to kill...

Last edited by a moderator:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I thought Islam started way before the Catholics. I thought it started with Ishmael.
Actually, Muslims believe it started with Adam and is the original religion. They could also say it started when God created the universe because all of creation is viewed as submitting to Him by following natural law and fulfilling its purpose.

Jumi

Catholic creating Islam? It's one of the weakest conspiracy theories I've heard. Even the one about Arians is better.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
The truth is weirder. The Catholic Church created Protestants.

Tomas Kindahl

... out on my Odyssé — again!
I thought Islam started way before the Catholics. I thought it started with Ishmael.

Perhaps. I thought the founder was a guy named Muhammad. He believed that he restored the original monotheism that preceeded both Judaism and Christianity, maybe he was right, maybe he was wrong – but his agenda was to spank some social welfare and some peace and mutual respect in polytheistic clans in eternal vendettas. The monk he met in the desert might have been a "heretic" Christian opposing the Catholicism of the Roman Empire, Muhammad claiming "heretic" Christian dogmas doesn't appear like he was part of some Catholic conspiracy. Conspiracy theorists should properly debunk their opponents conventional learning, but they don't, instead they are whining that they are persecuted by the establisment. A sane person with a few IQ points should always consult the common consensus after discovering a phantastic revelation.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
It is possible for one to post an OP merely to inform others of an opinion held by some, but not necessarily by the OP.

I'm not sure I should need remind people this.

True. But from a scholarly standpoint in that region in pre-Islamic Mecca there was no heavy Catholic presence except by your occasional traders and travellers from Roman occupied territories

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
True. But from a scholarly standpoint in that region in Mecca there was no heavy Catholic presence except by your occasional traders and travellers.
Indeed, from a scholarly standpoint there may not even have been a Mecca, but this is beyond the point. Your point is correct. Many Christians around Arabia were gnostics, Arians and other heretics.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
"This includes allegations that Muhammad was manipulated by the Catholic Church to create Islam and destroy the Jews and other groups of Christians, and that Muhammad's first wife Khadijah bint Khuwaylid, was actually a Catholic nun in an Arabian monastery, who was told by a bishop to marry Muhammad and create Islam. Rivera also alleged that the Vatican staged an apparition at Fátima (named after Fatimah, daughter of Muhammad) to cultivate favor with Muslims. He further claims that it also staged the 1981 assassination attempt on Pope John Paul II using a Muslim as the marksman "to guilt-induce the Muslim world, bringing them still closer to the Catholic faith!"[4]
Alberto Rivera (activist) - Wikipedia

There is your proof right there. :D

It never ceases to amaze me what people devote their lives to preaching.
Yes, because the Church absolutely wanted to create a religion that would unite the Arabian peninsula, smash both the Byzantine and Persian Empires, and subject the better half of Christianity to more than 1000 years of religious, cultural, social and political subjugation. That's a totally logical position to hold.

I remember seeing part of a presentation by one of these loons. He took a picture of a church and a mosque sitting next to each other as proof that Islam and Catholicism are best buds and allies in this global conspiracy. (His assumption that the Church of the first thousand years was Roman Catholic is wrong, but I digress.)