• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Catholic - Christian (Same or Different)

Which are you?

• Catholic

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Christian

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Both

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Israel Ramirez

Are Catholic and Christian the same, of are thy different?
0-gif.9415

pearl

According to many Reformation denominations of the Catholic Church, in the USA, Catholics are not Christian.

Viker

Häxan
I'm neither.

But to basically repeat others...:p... Catholics are Christian just not all Christians are Catholic.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
0-gif.9415

Protestants are Christians who reject the authority the Catholic church has over their beliefs.
So Christians basically fall into two groups Catholics and Protestants.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Protestants are Christians who reject the authority the Catholic church has over their beliefs.
So Christians basically fall into two groups Catholics and Protestants.
More than just those two, such as with the Orthodox, Mormons, JW's, etc.

pearl

And that includes the church I grew up in and left.

Mine too. Ironically, I was 12 years old when my best friend invited me to go to Mass with her. I listened to the priest who during his homily stated 'Protestants' were destined for Hell, as I sat with my mouth agape.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Mine too. Ironically, I was 12 years old when my best friend invited me to go to Mass with her. I listened to the priest who during his homily stated 'Protestants' were destined for Hell, as I sat with my mouth agape.
I was more mature :D as my first mass was when I was 19 and a student at WMU who was dating a Catholic woman, ended up taking two Catholic theology classes there, but I didn't convert until about 10 years later. There's a LOT more to that story, let me tell ya.

It depends on what Christian means. If it means a disciple of Jesus, as it was originally, I don't think they are, because person is truly a disciple of Jesus, when he remains in the word of Jesus.

Jesus therefore said to those Jews who had believed him, "If you remain in my word, then you are truly my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
John 8:31-32