• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cars!

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I haven't seen a thread about cars in a long time, so here it goes. Let's talk about cars!

For a starting topic: What are your favorite cars? What do you like most about them?

I really love the look of the Bentley Mulsanne:

Bentley_Mulsanne_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht_(6),_30._August_2011,_D%C3%BCsseldorf.jpg

So exquisite, unique, and stylishly classic. Just amazing.

Share whatever you think about cars! :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My ideal car is a Toyota Prius (the bigger model) with minor but ugly body
damage so it's both cheap to drive & cheap to buy....tis a Scot's dream!
th

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I like an old CJ6, don't know why, I just do

jeep-cj6-main.jpg

Closest I ever got to owning one was my CJ5

Which look a lot like this, except the top was white, not black...oh and it didn't have the yellow emergency flasher either

AcmeDriverSide.jpg

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I like an old CJ6, don't know why, I just do

jeep-cj6-main.jpg

Closest I ever got to owning one was my CJ5

Which look a lot like this, except the top was white, not black...oh and it didn't have the yellow emergency flasher either

AcmeDriverSide.jpg
I liked the older Jeeps. Unfortunately, it looks like their quality has slipped recently :(

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I liked the older Jeeps. Unfortunately, it looks like their quality has slipped recently :(

I also had a Jeep Cherokee sport (mine was blue)

91107041990516.jpg

It too was rather awesome. But I replaced that with a Jeep Patriot...

AUT_15_RK1126_01_P.JPG

Which was rather disappointing.... I no longer buy Jeeps

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Mercedes W140 (~1991-~1999)
mercedes-s-klasse-w140-1994-pics-154726.jpg
I love this car because of its feel to drive and durability compared to other luxury cars. It's my favorite big size sedan.

My favorite single person car is Mercedes C124:
Mercedes_Benz-E_Class_Coupe_C124_mp35_pic_76747.jpg

I'm not rich so I can't afford either. I own the sedan version of the latter, that I owned for ~6 years now and available in low prices around here.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
The new Bugatti: the Chiron:

bugattichironleadbrmarch2016.jpg

Picture taken from here: http://www.topgear.com/car-news/big-reads/all-hail-new-bugatti-chiron

These are its specs according to its Wikipedia page:

The main carryover piece will be the 8 litre W16 quad-turbocharged engine, though it is heavily updated. The Chiron has 1,103 kW (1,479 bhp) of power and 1,600 N·m (1,180 lb·ft) of torque starting from 2000 rpm. Like its predecessor, theVeyron, it has a carbon fibre body structure, independent suspension and 4WD system.[8][9][10]

The Chiron will accelerate from 0–100 km/h (62 mph) in less than 2.5 seconds according to the manufacturer,[3] 0–200 km/h (124 mph) in under 6.5 seconds and 0–300 km/h (186 mph) in under 13.6 seconds. The Chiron's top speed is electronically limited to 420 km/h (261 mph) for safety reasons.[11] The anticipated full top speed of the Bugatti Chiron is believed to be around 463 km/h (288 mph). Its predecessor (the Bugatti Veyron SS) makes almost 300 less bhp than the new Chiron, and although the Chiron's limiter gets it only to 261 mph the speedometer gets up to 310 mph.[12]

Its price (according to the same Wikipedia page):

500 units are to be produced and 170 orders have already been placed. The Chiron will be available towards the end of 2016 with a cost of €2.4 million (circa £1.9 million, or $2.66 million US).

I can start saving up for one now. (I just hope the die-cast model I end up buying will give me the option of picking a custom color.)

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I just can't get enough of ~90's MB's.
1200px-MB_SL_500_SILVER_ARROW.JPG
It's a 2002 SL500/600 special edition of this platform. The actual production range of this platform is actually 1989-2001 that went thru many facelifts. A 1989 car that looks like this? Such car, much cool, wow!

Jumi

I'm a Porsche or Mercedes Benz guy aesthetically they just look the best to me. Don't really have a favorite model.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I used to have a jag xkr, absolutely loved it, would take it out on track days for fun.

2014-jaguar-xk-exterior41.jpg

Moved to France from England so got rid because they drive on the wrong side of the road here.

Now I've got an amg merc s class cabriolet. Its more refined but nowhere near as much fun to drive.

15C789_253-630x277.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Our new plow truck.....
vehicle.png

We wanted the aluminum body cuz of all the salt on the roads.

And our new plow....
th

Boss makes'm in MI's UP.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I loved (still do) my old '02 Mercury Cougar. 'Twas a pain in the arse to work on, but it went "zoom" and handled extremely well, got gas mileage on par or better than many new/newer cars, and would comfortably brake on a dime. But, my dad totaled it because he wouldn't not keep his hands off a wheel bearing I asked him not to work on, and now I'm looking at 2x-3x the KBB price to get it up running again. And I loved it because I was in high school when I got it, and one of the few who had a nicer newer car that wasn't being paid for by mommy and daddy.
But now I am in an '07 Camry. It handles like **** compared to my Cougar, gas mileage seems about the same-to-less, it's comparably the weight of a mountain next to an ant hill compared to my Cougar making it brake more like a small van, but it does have air conditioning (something I just never saw the point of in recharging in the Cougar) and a stereo system that can handle some monstrous bass and provide what I call a "dark wave knee mesage" when I turn up some electronic dark wave music kind of loud and rest my knee against the door.

LukeS

I was raised climate conscious and anti car, but if I had to then
somethin' like a
Daimler Straight-Eight DE 36
1949_Daimler_DE_36_%22Green_Goddess%22%2C_Hooper_drophead_coup%C3%A9_8853058256.jpg