• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Candace Owens converts to Catholicism

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

This is so surprising. I have always thought Candace Owens is one of the most brilliant minds in the Conservative area.
She is such an inspiration, and I am so sad that she and Ben Shapiro had that controversial dispute about the expression "Christ is king" which is what Christians believe, whether they are Catholics, Protestants, Orthodox.

I believe she is one of the truest patriots that the US have right now.

What do you guys think? I am interested in both Conservatives' and Democrats' opinion. :)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
This is a tweet that sums up what I believe in with all my soul.

images

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

This is so surprising. I have always thought Candace Owens is one of the most brilliant minds in the Conservative area.

Wikipedia > Cadence_Owens#Controversies

She is such an inspiration, ...

That's sick.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

She is such an inspiration, and I am so sad that she and Ben Shapiro had that controversial dispute about the expression "Christ is king" which is what Christians believe, whether they are Catholics, Protestants, Orthodox.

What do you guys think? I am interested in both Conservatives' and Democrats' opinion. :)
USA's best patriots typically deny being a "patriot".
They don't seek to restrict the rights of others.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
What do you guys think?

I think she is an unhinged extremist.

Conservative activist Candace Owens said it would have been “OK” if Adolf Hitler wanted to keep his activities to Germany while speaking at a British conference in December.

Owens was responding to a question about her support for nationalism and said it was different from Nazi Germany.

“If Hitler just wanted to make Germany great and have things run well — OK, fine,” she said after she was asked about the word “nationalism,” according to BuzzFeed News, which first reported her remarks.

“The problem is he had dreams outside of Germany,” she continued. “He wanted to globalize. He wanted everybody to be German.”

Also:

On Monday, on social media, Owens liked a post in which a user asked Shmuley Boteach, a well-known rabbi, if he was “drunk on Christian blood again”.

Ben Shapiro is also a dangerous extremist in a different way, which seems to me the reason he associated with someone like her in the first place, but this doesn't make Candace Owens' ideology any less reprehensible or harmful.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

Also:

That sentence was taken out of context. She did condemn Hitler more than anyone else did.

Ben Shapiro is also a dangerous extremist in a different way, which seems to me the reason he associated with someone like her in the first place, but this doesn't make Candace Owens' ideology any less reprehensible or harmful.
From the article: American taxpayers should not have to pay for Israel’s wars or the wars of any other country.

Well...I believe that sentiment is shared by many Americans.
I am from Europe...and I do blame the American elitist cabal of warmongers for fueling the Ukrainian war, by using American taxpayers' money to fund Zelensky. A lost cause.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Ben Shapiro is also a dangerous extremist in a different way,

There are so many things I agree with Shapiro on.

But I don't understand this controversy between Owens and Shapiro. I don't understand it because it's shocking to me that Conservatives cannot get along, considering the so many things they share.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Catholicism, imo, is a very structured belief. I suppose some find comfort in that. Especially if you find you beliefs coming under attack. Something more solid to fall back on. More solid/structure than protestant beliefs.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ

Also:

You pretty much cover my feelings on her as well. "Hitler just wanted to make Germany great" again. People call her "Klandace Owens" for a reason

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Ff2c3e61a-43ac-11ed-abc9-d0d53e948d21.jpg