• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canada anti-islamophobia motion M103

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Religious discrimination would be the culprit stifling free speech. Using free speech to step on someone elses freedoms is counter productive.

Well I think we've found the heart of our disagreement ;)

Free speech is MOST important when some part of the establishment is in need of some criticism. The bill specifically calls out "Islamophobia". This term was made up specifically to attempt to stifle criticism of Islam.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
It appears that with motion M103, the Canadian government still start looking into shutting down "Islamophobia"... argh! Seems danged close to a blasphemy law to me:

Canada passes M-103 motion against Islamophobia
I think you jumped the gun on this one ... bigly.

It's not a law, it's a non-binding motion, which is like apples and oranges. There is nothing made illegal with this motion, thus, there is no punishment for blasphemy associated with this motion. I don't see how anyone could have a problem with a non-binding motion that merely tasks the Canadian government with studying racism and discrimination and how to combat it.

"Non-binding motion tasks Canadian government with study to develop ways to address racism and discrimination."

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I believe that we need to wake up and see the writing on the wall, Islam is not working at all with other countries, they have their backward beliefs that is not in line with descent people of the world, we need to stop letting people like this into our countries. The Muslims only want to make the world Muslim, and its bloody time we all realize this and stop trying to be do-gooders, letting this crap into our descent environment, its only going to poison us all.
Your ignorance on this issue is astounding and disgusting. You are merely associated all Muslims with extremists. That is the same as blaming all Christians for the insanity of the Westborrogh Baptist Church.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
The truth hurts doesn't it ?.
What you said wasn't true. It's just ignorance in action. You don't actually know anything about Islam, so you associate Islam with Islamic Extremists. Crack a book and try to branch out and meet some Muslims. You will see very quickly that you are wrong and you will feel ashamed for writing what you did.

icehorse

Premium Member
I think you jumped the gun on this one ... bigly.

It's not a law, it's a non-binding motion, which is like apples and oranges. There is nothing made illegal with this motion, thus, there is no punishment for blasphemy associated with this motion. I don't see how anyone could have a problem with a non-binding motion that merely tasks the Canadian government with studying racism and discrimination and how to combat it.

"Non-binding motion tasks Canadian government with study to develop ways to address racism and discrimination."

And the nonsense term "Islamophobia".

You said nothing in this post we didn't already know. The point is that this is the second time in a few months that Islamists have pushed such a motion. They are normalizing the idea. They are not going to stop pushing. It will be easier to counter this nonsense now than in a few years when it's become more ensconced.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Well I think we've found the heart of our disagreement ;)

Free speech is MOST important when some part of the establishment is in need of some criticism. The bill specifically calls out "Islamophobia". This term was made up specifically to attempt to stifle criticism of Islam.
The idea is about deterring discrimination not about persons right to criticize.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
What you said wasn't true. It's just ignorance in action. You don't actually know anything about Islam, so you associate Islam with Islamic Extremists. Crack a book and try to branch out and meet some Muslims. You will see very quickly that you are wrong and you will feel ashamed for writing what you did.
Don't be silly, I have read much about Muslim, I have read the Koran and the Hadith also, have you you ?.

icehorse

Premium Member
The idea is about deterring discrimination not about persons right to criticize.

Well discrimination and "Islamophobia" should not be used together, because they are very different things. If all they wanted to study was discrimination, then they made a mistake adding the idea of Islamophobia, because that's all about stifling criticism.

leibowde84

Veteran Member

You said nothing in this post we didn't already know. The point is that this is the second time in a few months that Islamists have pushed such a motion. They are normalizing the idea. They are not going to stop pushing. It will be easier to counter this nonsense now than in a few years when it's become more ensconced.
Why do you have a problem with this motion? It's not like it makes it a crime to criticize the teachings/beliefs of Islam. It's just a push to extend hate-crimes to cover crimes committed against Muslims because they are Muslim.

Also, why do you call the term "Islamophobia" nonsense? Obviously, it doesn't include mere criticism of Islam as a system of faith/belief. Do you think "antisemitism" is a nonsense term? Or "racism"? Why would you want to protect people who commit crimes due to prejudice against any religion?

It merely asks for the government to "develop a whole-of-government approach to reducing or eliminating systemic racism and religious discrimination, including Islamophobia." "The non-binding motion condemns Islamophobia and all forms of systemic racism and religious discrimination."

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Don't be silly, I have read much about Muslim, I have read the Koran and the Hadith also, have you you ?.
I have read the Quran. But, from this quote, I don't think you are being honest, as there are many Hadiths, not just one. Which one did you read? Or have you read them all?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I have read the Quran. But, from this quote, I don't think you are being honest, as there are many Hadiths, not just one. Which one did you read? Or have you read them all?
I have looked through a fare bit, wasn't very nice at all, the Quran wasn't that nice either, no wonder these people think they way they do.

icehorse

Premium Member
Also, why do you call the term "Islamophobia" nonsense? Obviously, it doesn't include mere criticism of Islam as a system of faith/belief.

This is a critical point to clarify, thanks for bringing it up.

If someone claims discrimination against Muslims, that makes sense, and it's a real issue. But "Islamophobia" is a term made up by apologists in an attempt to lump legitimate criticism in with discrimination. Kind of like a secret rider on a bill in Washington. Notice that they tacked "Islamophobia" on at the end. This was not an accident. Islamists want to sneak in rules so that they can stifle criticism.

Discrimination is discrimination. Islamophobia is something different.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member

It's not Islamists pushing the notion, it's Canadians.