• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canada anti-islamophobia motion M103

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It appears that with motion M103, the Canadian government still start looking into shutting down "Islamophobia"... argh! Seems danged close to a blasphemy law to me:

Canada passes M-103 motion against Islamophobia

Are there any juridic sources on line which can explain in detail what this law will be about? The cases in which it will be applied?
Are there similar laws as for other religions?
In other words, if I am a Canadian person and I want to write a book titled "Christianity is a false religion", can I do that? Or does it constitute hate speech?

Reactions: MD

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Are there any juridic sources on line which can explain in detail what this law will be about? The cases in which it will be applied?
In other words, if I am a Canadian person and I want to write a book titled "Christianity is a false religion", can I do that? Or does it constitute hate speech?
Christianity is nothing but a kitten compared to the ugly beliefs of Islam.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I believe that we need to wake up and see the writing on the wall, Islam is not working at all with other countries, they have their backward beliefs that is not in line with descent people of the world, we need to stop letting people like this into our countries. The Muslims only want to make the world Muslim, and its bloody time we all realize this and stop trying to be do-gooders, letting this crap into our descent environment, its only going to poison us all.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic

It's not a law. Nobody can be legally punished citing this motion as justification because it has no legal clout. It's not even legally binding (though I'm not really sure what would change if it were since it still wouldn't be a law) - it's just basically a statement saying "Hey buddy, we here in the Canadian parliament think Islamophobia totally sucks more than any other kind of discrimination, eh!".

That said, I am really concerned by the fact the motion doesn't actually define what Islamophobia is - leaving it open-ended and vague. Which means it could apply to any legitimate criticism of Islam as easily as any genuine instance of discrimination against Muslims. This is par for the course, though.

Christianity is nothing but a kitten compared to the ugly beliefs of Islam.

Right now it is - but given the chance it'll morph into something just as bad. Look at the USA just now. LGBTs, women and other minorities are going to see attacks on every right they've fought to gain for 50+ years. The deck is so stacked against them they might not win.

Last edited:

psychoslice

Veteran Member
It's not a law. Nobody can be legally punished citing this motion as justification because it has no legal clout. It's not even legally binding (though I'm not really sure what would change if it were since it still wouldn't be a law) - it's just basically a statement saying "Hey buddy, we here in the Canadian parliament think Islamophobia totally sucks more than any other kind of discrimination, eh!".

That said, I am really concerned by the fact the motion doesn't actually define what Islamophobia is - leaving it open-ended and vague. Which means it could apply to any legitimate criticism of Islam as easily as any genuine instance of discrimination against Muslims. This is par for the course, though.

Right now it is - but given the chance it'll morph into something just as bad. Look at the USA just now. LGBTs, women and other minorities are going to see attacks on every right they've fought to gain for 50+ years. The deck is so stacked against them they might not win.
Yes and it the disgusting religion of Islam that is going to poison everything.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Article said its non-binding and just asking for a study.
When a crime is committed, I guess it's the competent Crown attorney who has full powers to investigate in the area of his jurisdiction. Or does he need an authorization from the Parliament to do that?

Last edited:

idav

Being
Premium Member
Canada Criminal Code (R:S:C 1985, c, C-46):

The laws are there...and they can be applied.
So I think that this Canadian parliamentarian, who presented this motion, either doesn't know the laws of the country she is supposed to represent, or has lots of time to waste.
Article said its non-binding and just asking for a study.

MD

qualiaphile

There was an option to make it more inclusive towards all forms of racism against Hindus and Sikhs as well, which was denied.

There's going to be a government committee which examines islamophobia and will recommend changes necessary, probably through a bill.

By the way this whole thing was started via petition by a Muslim brotherhood member .

Last edited:

MD

qualiaphile
Don't know why it makes Islamaphobia the center piece when the motion is to try and stop "all forms of systemic racism and religious discrimination".

House of Commons passes anti-Islamophobia motion

'Liberals rejected an attempt by Saskatchewan Conservative MP David Anderson to remove the word "Islamophobia" from the motion and change the wording to "condemn all forms of systemic racism, religious intolerance and discrimination of Muslims, Jews, Christians, Sikhs, Hindus and other religious communities.'