• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canada and others To Boycott Iran UN Speech

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Wirey

Fartist
I have $25 that US media will translate everything he says to mean "We will wipe Israel off the map!".
Where will Wireyania be during the speech? (Revoltingistan boycotts all speeches...especially by Revoltingistanians.)

It's National Scrotum Scratching Day here. I'll be buying a couple of wooden backscratchers and a Jenna Jameson poster.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's National Scrotum Scratching Day here. I'll be buying a couple of wooden backscratchers and a Jenna Jameson poster.
Hey, if WW3 breaks out, & the US decides to start up the draft again, do you have a couple spare bedrooms?

Alceste

Vagabond
Just need to ship a couple draft age kids to safe territory.
(They'll bring cured meats & chocolate for bartering.)

I'll help them. I live in the Shangri-la for American draft dodgers. They may have to pick and cure apples, plums and squash, pick fruit, fish, feed chickens, do casual labour (and spell it correctly), and do various other odd jobs in the cash-and-barter economy that happens to be raging in this particular area.

I mean it, too, despite your loathing of my hebetude and dishonesty. I have a pretty thick skin.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Harper won't even go to the UN, since they snubbed Canada's bid for the security counsel. He just wants so bad to be famous around the world. It's so childish. I wish he and his crony Baird would just stop being babies.

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
Harper won't even go to the UN, since they snubbed Canada;s bid for the security counsel. He just wants so bad to be famous around the world. It's so childish. I wish he and his crony Baird would just stop being babies.

I know! I've had ideological differences with all the Canadian PMs in my life, both the Liberals and the Progressive Conservatives (when we had those). but Harper is the first to actually embarrass me. As someone who travels a lot, the Conservatives' radical departure from traditional Canadian positions on armament, the UN, the environment, plurality, open society, the welfare state, Israel, immigration etc. has been noticed by the rest of the world, and people do tend to treat you differently as a result. It's gone from "Oh, thank God you're not from America!" to "Oh, you're from America Jr.!"

Alceste

Vagabond
I can hardly watch him. He just reminds me too much of some people I know. Talk one way, all polite, then turn around and do just the opposite. Used car salesman look. I've never disliked any PM as much as him. The hidden agenda isn't hidden from people like you and me. I can just see right through him, and what I see isn't good. Harper heads to New York for obscure award, snubs UN

God, I know. He's horrible. Here, have some commiserating Canadian liberal sympathy.

:kissbette There, there, we'll be rid of him soon.

Wirey

Fartist
God, I know. He's horrible. Here, have some commiserating Canadian liberal sympathy.

:kissbette There, there, we'll be rid of him soon.

To be replaced by whom? There's no one on the political landscape who looks like a threat to the conservatives for a while. The Liberals are self-destructing, Quebec won't restaff with NDP next time, either. I think they might be here for a while, like Chretien was, just because there is no viable alternative.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To be replaced by whom? There's no one on the political landscape who looks like a threat to the conservatives for a while. The Liberals are self-destructing, Quebec won't restaff with NDP next time, either. I think they might be here for a while, like Chretien was, just because there is no viable alternative.
I've never heard of any of these people.
Do they really exist? And if so, why is no one complaining about them at Fox, MSNBC or Fox?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I think Trudeau Junior will further split the left again, unfortunately, since I'm a Commie, and Harper will return, hopefully in a minority next time.

Wirey

Fartist
I think Trudeau Junior will further split the left again, unfortunately, since I'm a Commie, and Harper will return, hopefully in a minority next time.

No way. The NDP totally fluked Quebec. The french didn't want to vote Conservative or Liberal. The PQ are gone, so the NDP showed big gains there. Next time, the Liberals claw a bunch of that back, but their name is mud in the rest of Canada. I think Harper has another majority in him. If he's up against Trudeau/Mulcair, he's got a fantastic chance. Trudeau is just a kid, and Mulcair loves Canada so much he went out and got French citizenship. Ask Ignatieff how being accused of preferring somewhere else to Canada plays at the polls.

Last edited: