• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you Unravel the Mystery?

2ndpillar

Don't forget the sun and moon and stars sign.
Being the "great tribulation" is in line with the "day of the LORD", the signs are better detailed in Joel 2 & 3, or as it is the same timeline as "Har-Magedon" (Revelation 16:13-21), if you want to get a deeper feeling for the period, look to all. The set up is better explained in Zechariah 14.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Being the "great tribulation" is in line with the "day of the LORD", the signs are better detailed in Joel 2 & 3, or as it is the same timeline as "Har-Magedon" (Revelation 16:13-21), if you want to get a deeper feeling for the period, look to all. The set up is better explained in Zechariah 14.

OK thanks

Brian2

Veteran Member
So Christ came a long time ago then, in your view?

No, I don't think all the signs have been shown yet.
Not all the signs were needed to warn Christians or others to flee when they saw the abomination of desolation where it should not be.
Near the time when Jesus returns those same signs will happen imo and the ones after those also. The tribulation will happen and the darkening of the sun etc.
The generation that seen ALL the signs is the generation that will be around when Jesus returns.

nPeace

Veteran Member
No, I don't think all the signs have been shown yet.
Not all the signs were needed to warn Christians or others to flee when they saw the abomination of desolation where it should not be.
Near the time when Jesus returns those same signs will happen imo and the ones after those also. The tribulation will happen and the darkening of the sun etc.
The generation that seen ALL the signs is the generation that will be around when Jesus returns.
I'm confused.
Christ's coming will happen before that generation that sees all the signs dies out.

Which generation? Can you explain what is that generation, and how long that generation is?

Brian2

Veteran Member

Matt 24:32 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts out its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, cat the very gates. 34 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

We know that in the Bible it is said that Jesus is coming soon, but soon turned out to be a word that did not mean the same to God as it might to us.
In the Matt 24 prophecy we see that soon means in the lifetime of the people who see all the signs that are given in the prophecy.
I don't think it is legitimate to change the meaning of "generation" to some abstract concept that can drag on for centuries if necessary.
The Watch Tower used to know what a generation meant and wanted the world to know that Jesus was present and would appear within a generation of 1914.
Now it realises it was wrong (nothing like new light) and so "generation" had to become something abstract and that is why you seem so confused about the whole thing, or try to make others doubt the plain meaning of what is being said.
Some of those who see earthquakes, famines and wars, the abomination of desolation standing in the holy place, the great tribulation etc will also see the sun and moon darkened and the stars fall and Jesus return.
It's that simple.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Matt 24:32 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts out its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, cat the very gates. 34 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

We know that in the Bible it is said that Jesus is coming soon, but soon turned out to be a word that did not mean the same to God as it might to us.
In the Matt 24 prophecy we see that soon means in the lifetime of the people who see all the signs that are given in the prophecy.
I don't think it is legitimate to change the meaning of "generation" to some abstract concept that can drag on for centuries if necessary.
The Watch Tower used to know what a generation meant and wanted the world to know that Jesus was present and would appear within a generation of 1914.
Now it realises it was wrong (nothing like new light) and so "generation" had to become something abstract and that is why you seem so confused about the whole thing, or try to make others doubt the plain meaning of what is being said.
Some of those who see earthquakes, famines and wars, the abomination of desolation standing in the holy place, the great tribulation etc will also see the sun and moon darkened and the stars fall and Jesus return.
It's that simple.
It's so simple, you can't give a simple straightforward answer.
Interesting.

2ndpillar

It's that simple.
Mt 24 says if the people knew the time, the thief wouldn't be able to break into their house. As for the term "soon" one day is as a thousand years to the LORD. As for the timeline, according to Hosea 6:1-2, the "return" is after two days, on the third day, which is after 2000 years. Isaac Newton computed out the timeline as around the year 2030s. He might have used the death of Herod the Great in around 6 B.C. as his beginning point. If so the language use was "after 2 days", which is not very specific. As for the "abomination of desolation" it is buried under the ground in Israel, which is to say, one must head for the hills (Mt 24:16). Israel was established in 1948, but the "abomination of desolation" was produced much later. As far as the moon turning red (Joel 2:31) and the sun darkened, that happens regularly, and as far as "stars" falling, look to the news with regards to the missiles falling from the sky in Ukraine as regards the sky falling with 100 pound war heads Rev 16:21.

2ndpillar

Hey. That's my year! :) At least, the maximum.
If Herod the Great died around 6 B.C., and therefore "Christ" was born before that time, and supposedly died 33 years later, then I am thinking that 33 - 7 = 26 years, which would come up around 2026 at the earliest except for the missing 0 B.C. date, and assuming you started your clock at death instead of at the start of his mission at age 30, which would make the timeline around 2023 A.D. I don't know, you might want to start making preparations around noon tomorrow, and hope you aren't a day late and a dollar short. On the other hand, the Chinese invasion of Taiwan was planned for the year 2025, which would be like throwing a match into a bucket of gasoline. Right now, it seems warning are going out to the Liberal cities, they can change/repent, or leave town before the fireworks. I live in fly over country, the land of the deplorables, so I have bullets, butter, energy and water, but I would sorely miss gasoline for my tractor. If a couple of the critical cities repented, I might be able to hold on to the hope of having gasoline, making life a bit less difficult.

nPeace

Veteran Member
If Herod the Great died around 6 B.C., and therefore "Christ" was born before that time, and supposedly died 33 years later, then I am thinking that 33 - 7 = 26 years, which would come up around 2026 at the earliest except for the missing 0 B.C. date, and assuming you started your clock at death instead of at the start of his mission at age 30, which would make the timeline around 2023 A.D. I don't know, you might want to start making preparations around noon tomorrow, and hope you aren't a day late and a dollar short. On the other hand, the Chinese invasion of Taiwan was planned for the year 2025, which would be like throwing a match into a bucket of gasoline. Right now, it seems warning are going out to the Liberal cities, they can change/repent, or leave town before the fireworks. I live in fly over country, the land of the deplorables, so I have bullets, butter, energy and water, but I would sorely miss gasoline for my tractor. If a couple of the critical cities repented, I might be able to hold on to the hope of having gasoline, making life a bit less difficult.
I don't recall Jesus saying one can work out the time of the end. I recall he said, no one knows the day or hour.
The 2030 time frame is my own estimation, that this system will not last beyond. ;)

2ndpillar

I don't recall Jesus saying one can work out the time of the end. I recall he said, no one knows the day or hour.
The 2030 time frame is my own estimation, that this system will not last beyond. ;)
Apparently, Yeshua said in line with Hosea 6:2 that he would return on the 3rd day. (Mt 17:23). He also said no one would know the hour or the day, but he apparently knew the millennium. I mean he spoke in parables mostly, but putting 2 plus 2, he was well aware when Israel would be "healed" (Hosea 6:1) and "revived" (Hosea 6:2). Jacob/Israel "survives" (Joel 2:31-32) the "day of the LORD" and is only "chastened" (Jeremiah 30:7-11). It is the "nations" who are "destroyed" (Jer 30:11). As for being in the "earth" that would be 3 days and 3 nights, which would be initiated late on the 14th of Nissan, the day of Preparation.

American Standard Version Matthew 17:23
and they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised up. And they were exceeding sorry.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Apparently, Yeshua said in line with Hosea 6:2 that he would return on the 3rd day. (Mt 17:23). He also said no one would know the hour or the day, but he apparently knew the millennium. I mean he spoke in parables mostly, but putting 2 plus 2, he was well aware when Israel would be "healed" (Hosea 6:1) and "revived" (Hosea 6:2). Jacob/Israel "survives" (Joel 2:31-32) the "day of the LORD" and is only "chastened" (Jeremiah 30:7-11). It is the "nations" who are "destroyed" (Jer 30:11). As for being in the "earth" that would be 3 days and 3 nights, which would be initiated late on the 14th of Nissan, the day of Preparation.

American Standard Version Matthew 17:23
and they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised up. And they were exceeding sorry.
Perhaps you are talking about something else, since Jesus said at Matthew 24:36 Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father..."

2ndpillar

Perhaps you are talking about something else, since Jesus said at Matthew 24:36 Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father..."
Maybe you should read the context of your quote. "Concerning the day and the hour". It does not mention the year or the millennium. Presuming more than what you quote is on you, and presumptions often lead down rat holes. Yeshua knew he would return on the 3rd day, which is regard to the 3rd millennium (Hosea 6:2), because he knew his Scripture. Maybe if you had fasted and ate the bread of life for 40 days and nights, you would come up with the same conclusion Yeshua did. (Mt 4)

Brian2

Veteran Member
Mt 24 says if the people knew the time, the thief wouldn't be able to break into their house. As for the term "soon" one day is as a thousand years to the LORD. As for the timeline, according to Hosea 6:1-2, the "return" is after two days, on the third day, which is after 2000 years. Isaac Newton computed out the timeline as around the year 2030s. He might have used the death of Herod the Great in around 6 B.C. as his beginning point. If so the language use was "after 2 days", which is not very specific. As for the "abomination of desolation" it is buried under the ground in Israel, which is to say, one must head for the hills (Mt 24:16). Israel was established in 1948, but the "abomination of desolation" was produced much later. As far as the moon turning red (Joel 2:31) and the sun darkened, that happens regularly, and as far as "stars" falling, look to the news with regards to the missiles falling from the sky in Ukraine as regards the sky falling with 100 pound war heads Rev 16:21.

Interesting times we live in.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The "beast" of Rev 13:5, Caesar, ruled as a dictator for 42 months, after crossing the Rubican, and as a "slain" Caesar, was "healed" (Rev 13:3-5) per the Senate who made him declared him a god, whereas his power reigned through the ensuing 10 Augustus Caesars (the 6th head of Rev 17) onto the reign of "another" king (Daniel 7:24-25), the 7th head of the beast of Rev 17:10-11, Constantine, and lives in today's era as Kaiser (German for Caesar), and the Czar (Russian word of Caesar), living today as Mr. Putin, or as a leader/emperor/dictator led by a spirit of a demon (Rev 16:13), as is with Joe Biden and his associates. Caesar as a word is defined as dictator/emperor/etc. We now have one in the U.S. White House, who rules by pen and a phone, if someone dials for him.
I believe cherry picking tends to ignore the parts that are not agreement with your assessment.