• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you handle losing?

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
I once had a friend who couldn't handle losing in games or whatever.
I am the totally opposite of that! I can't handle people who can't handle losing :eek:
Nasty situation.

This will result in me doing extra my best in winning as I don't think the other deserves to win if they can't even handle a possible loss. :run:

In fact, if the moves of my opponent are brilliant, I love to lose! That is, I love brilliant moves more than winning. Depends on the "game" ofcourse..

So? What's your experience?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
When you allow yourself to get upset over misfortune, you are only harming yourself.

.lava

Veteran Member
I once had a friend who couldn't handle losing in games or whatever.
I am the totally opposite of that! I can't handle people who can't handle losing :eek:
Nasty situation.

This will result in me doing extra my best in winning as I don't think the other deserves to win if they can't even handle a possible loss. :run:

In fact, if the moves of my opponent are brilliant, I love to lose! That is, I love brilliant moves more than winning. Depends on the "game" ofcourse..

So? What's your experience?

i NEVER lose!! :D:D yezzz, have a problem with that?

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
When you allow yourself to get upset over misfortune, you are only harming yourself.
Eventually my friend found a solution to her/our problem. And that was also the last time we ever did a game together. Appareantly she couldn't solve it herself.

She thought that if I would let her win once in a while, she would get over it. I can't let people win because of that, it takes away completelly all pleasure of the game..

.lava

Veteran Member
OK Bouncing Ball, no kidding, losing is part of the game, i mean, one must accept that as an option then play game. i don't mind losing game, instead, i do mind losing myself.

.lava

Veteran Member
Any strategic game .lava!!!!! You, me, your words and you swallowing them :cool:

what? that is IT?? :faint:you and me...strategy...just a game of strategy huh?...

addemoticons43.gif

you know, you are so fortunate, i must serve it cold, so...later

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
losing is part of the game, i mean, one must accept that as an option then play game.

I take it one step further. The eventual goal is to win the game. My personal goal is to make the game as beautifull as possible. Ofcourse, beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
what? that is IT?? :faint:you and me...strategy...just a game of strategy huh?...

addemoticons43.gif

you know, you are so fortunate, i must serve it cold, so...later

He, I had to come with something that could beat your "I never lose" :D
It just happens to be that strategy is my thing, So I threw it at that..:p

.lava

Veteran Member
He, I had to come with something that could beat your "I never lose" :D
It just happens to be that strategy is my thing, So I threw it at that..:p

so you can't handle losing...therefor you had to come with something that could beat me.

hahahahaX3

it is still getting cold, slowly...:cool: (well, so slow, i might not wait that long)

Last edited:

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Yes unfortunately I have learned that the hard way. My dad always expected me to be "the best" at everything. No matter what I did it was never good enough, so unfortunately I pushed myself to be the best, I couldn't stand to lose, because I would be letting my dad down. It's been a long battle and a rough one.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Yes unfortunately I have learned that the hard way. My dad always expected me to be "the best" at everything. No matter what I did it was never good enough, so unfortunately I pushed myself to be the best, I couldn't stand to lose, because I would be letting my dad down. It's been a long battle and a rough one.
Do you still have that feeling when competing at a contest/game without your father?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I am not really all that competitive. I can be genuinely glad for the other person who wins. My husband is a bad loser and I stopped playing games with him. He was a bad winner, too. He would gloat when he won and got mad when he lost.

I think that some people are bad losers because they put their worth into whether they win or lose. winning doesn't make a person a winner and losing doesn't make a person a loser, but there are some people who think that it does.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Do you still have that feeling when competing at a contest/game without your father?
I have to be honest and say yes, I still have that feeling sometimes. Old habits are hard to break. It's like a very deep wound it forms a scar and ever now and then you find that scar hard to forget.....It's always there as a reminder. That's why it's so important to teach children the right lessons and criticism is not one.

i can't handle losing very wel so i renamed losing to achieving goals not previously set for me

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
It depends on the situation. In most situations, I don't mind losing. If it's a situation I feel like I should win, it's hard for me. The biggest thing for me is not even winning and losing. It's playing well, or not playing well. If I play well, and lose, it's usually more satisfying for me than playing poorly and winning.

A good example for me is when I used to play tennis a lot with a friend of mine. I knew I was better than him, and so whenever I lost to him, I was pretty upset. Usually I dealt with OK, sometimes not so much. The worst part was that when I lost to him, it was because I wasn't playing nearly as well as I could. That was the frustrating part.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I can handle losing.

I'm the middle child. Every thing I do results in my losing.

My older sister though, can never handle losing. We used to play video games together, and 80% of the time, she would win, but when I won, she would make up reasons why I cheated, or say that her controller wasn't working right...