• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can we STOP exploiting our small towns for politics?

Which Of These Is Vandalism?

• Adding masks to a wooden George and Martha Washington cutout

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tearing off said mask

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • The ummmm grass thing

• All are vandalism. Getting rid of a vandal's vandalism is still vandalism.

• It's only if you interfere with what the town/federal goons do that it's vandalism

• Not tearing off the mask (removal of vandalism isn't vandalism) but the other two are

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Sooo...you sayin' your mask is completely useless in stopping you from getting Covid? Dang! No wonder you don't sleep at night.
I sleep just fine. Let's not project your hyperbolic reactions regarding this. I have no anxiety regarding covid, except concerns regarding my elderly father who has COPD. I would rather not make him sick. I wear a mask because it's both the rational and courteous thing to do. If I caught it because I came into contact with some infected redneck who refused to wear one, at least by wearing a mask I would be far less likely to spread it even further.

If someone doesn't wear a mask, it makes me question their hygienic and sanitary practices in general.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I sleep just fine. Let's not project your hyperbolic reactions regarding this. I have no anxiety regarding covid, except concerns regarding my elderly father who has COPD. I would rather not make him sick. I wear a mask because it's both the rational and courteous thing to do. If I caught it because I came into contact with some infected redneck who refused to wear one, at least by wearing a mask I would be far less likely to spread it even further.

If someone doesn't wear a mask, it makes me question their hygienic and sanitary practices in general.

Sooo...it's about your comfort and well being? Sounds a lot like control to me, but, hey, have a nice day.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
If that's how you want to word not killing my dad, you disingenuous dingleberry.
Exactly.
If things were different, I would probably prefer to get C19, and just get over it. I'm pretty healthy.
But I take care of my super high risk mother-in-law. It would probably kill her.

Indiana has state laws requiring masks under a wide array of circumstances. I'd really like to see enforcement of those laws equivalent to enforcement of DUI laws. I see them as equivalent issues.
Tom

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Sooo...you sayin' your mask is completely useless in stopping you from getting Covid? Dang! No wonder you don't sleep at night.
Wow. This kind of staunch, proud ignorance is staggering.

Is giving a crap about the well-being of others really so difficult for you?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Sooo...it's about your comfort and well being? Sounds a lot like control to me, but, hey, have a nice day.
"What's that? You want me to wear a condom? Why? Just for your own comfort and wellbeing? Sounds a lot like control to me."

They should stick a health warning on you.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Sooooo.....you don't really read these replies do you? Of course not. That response to the post its responding to is a dead give away you didnt as concern for others and specifically not self was mentioned (we really need our eating foot smiley thingy back).

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Well, the claim the mask will not protect you. The reality is the demonstrated best protection is that everyone where's masks and practices self distancing.

Missouri governor and his wife test positive for Covid-19 - CNNPolitics

Missouri governor and his wife test positive for Covid-19
By Brad Parks and Paul LeBlanc, CNN

(CNN)Republican Missouri Gov. Mike Parson and the state's first lady, Teresa Parson, have tested positive for Covid-19, the governor's office announced Wednesday.

"Out of an abundance of caution, the First Lady was tested this morning after displaying minor symptoms. The Governor was then tested as well and received a positive result," a news release stated.
Parson's office said his staff has been tested and are awaiting results. Additionally, all official and campaign events have been canceled until further notice.
"At this time, the Governor feels healthy and is displaying no symptoms, and the First Lady has mild symptoms," Parson's office said.

Parson said in a video posted to his Facebook account later Wednesday that he planned to keep working while in self-isolation and stressed that he and his wife are "both fine."

Still, news of the positive tests underscores the scale of the virus's spread in the Midwest in recent weeks and is likely to fuel fresh scrutiny of Parson's steadfast refusal to require state residents to wear face masks.

While the governor has urged residents to wear them, he's stopped short of enacting a mandate even as the White House coronavirus task force has communicated increasingly urgent recommendations to mandate mask use.

The task force specifically recommended that Missouri close bars and mandate masks in an August 30 report obtained by CNN. "Mask mandates across the state must be in place to decrease transmission," the report said. Previous reports had recommended masks only in hot spot counties.

Parson drew considerable controversy in July when he told talk-radio host Marc Cox that children who contract Covid-19 are "going to get over it."
"These kids have got to get back to school," Parson said. "They're at the lowest risk possible. And if they do get Covid-19, which they will -- and they will when they go to school -- they're not going to the hospitals. They're not going to have to sit in doctor's offices. They're going to go home and they're going to get over it."

Earlier in the pandemic, Parson was among the five Republican governors in "heartland" states who penned a joint Washington Post op-ed touting their states' responses.

Heyo

Veteran Member

Not giving a crap about the well-being of others is a common (~1%) trait in humans known as psychopathy. With hundreds of participants on RF, you'd expect one or two.

@BSM1 : Psychopath Test - Scientific, 2 minute test for psychopathy, instant results

Disclaimer: I'm not a psychologist. This is not a diagnose.
Being a psychopath is not equivalent with being a criminal or even only an immoral person, it just is the inability of feeling empathy.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
Reminds me of this:
Screen-Shot-2016-04-08-at-1.29.38-PM-807x1024.png

"Modesty" for ancient Greek statue.
Vandalism? Vandalism to remove the dress?
Depends on who owns the statue.

This. Except I would say that no it doesn't depend on who owns it. That statue deserves to have all of its juicy bits showing. Unless the actual person decided to put a dress on thar Greek statue (doubtful as this looks like 20th century fashion), it's vandalism to change the way it looks.

Wow. Are you serious? There are no stores near you that allow you to shop there AT ALL? You can't order groceries online?

I have no idea, but I think my mom tried and the delivery thing was borked (I stay alive because they don't have any issue wearing masks). But suppose for a second that you are not tech savvy, can't afford a monthly phone bill, and are struggling to feed a family. These rules you take for granted are cruel. Typically we only have modesty exclusions to stores (no shirt, no shoes, no service) or behavior (tossing someone out for starting fights) and in fact most states have anti-mask laws. You are required to wear a mask yet it's illegal.

Again, are you serious? You think "dying of starvation because you can't enter a store" is a serious concern?

It's as much a concern as starvation due to hoarding, which again, was totally ignored to push this agenda. In other words, a store that blanket excludes a customer from doing business there loses them as a customer. With clothing, that's not a big deal but with food or medicine super important. Suppose you can't buy your heart medicine? Either compromise what you feel, or die. Those are the choices.

That article is MONTHS old, and actually contradicts what you say above.

The only thing out of date is the number. They still are fudging the actual amounts. The CDC released a report that said that pure COVID-19 deaths is much less than the 200,000 listed. If next week it is 300,000 or 1 million or 300 million (btw when death toll exceeds 30 million, immediately reject it as a scam; that's 1 in 10 of 300 million US population), my answer is the same. Numbers are inflated.

Nevertheless, it's very difficult to determine an exact death rate related to Covid, because it is largely co-morbid. Meaning it's less likely to kill you on its own than it is to kill you IN COMBINATION with other health conditions or diseases.

Or traffic accidents. Reread that article. It said traffic accidents and suicides are blamed on COVID.

Firstly, if your aunt has any medical condition that makes wearing a mask harmful to them, they can get a medical exemption.

Secondly, why were they wearing a dirty mask? Why are you blaming the practice of wearing masks for the fact that your aunt continued wearing a dirty one despite health advice?

She is now on a respirator. You have a smug answer for everything but the fact is my mom, who only wears masks occasionally now is short of breath (look up the connection between masks and a condition known as hypoxia), and my aunt who bought the mask logic but is an older woman without much sense and thought a mask was like wearing a glove where you can just take it on and off rather than something that gets dirty and moldy as you breathe out, is now struggling to breathe unsupported.

But all of this is missing the point. The issue btw is not that masks are good or bad. It's that our town is being made, against its will, to act as a propaganda device. Blacksmith's shop is closed, weaving is closed, all that made this town is either closed or open only under following the rules. If you don't wear the uniform, you are pariah. Untouchable. Is that really what my town wants? To make a three tier caste system (ppl who can't/won't wear masks, people who do, and politicians who are above the rules)?

What about when vaccine comes out? You can shop but only if you vaccinate? If you thought masks are easy to come by and nobody is starving over them, needles are a kettle of fish of a different color. There are people phobic of needles, people who have concerns about Revelation and how they need a mark to show who's vaccinated, people who think vaccines cause autism and other side-effects. That could be as much as 1/10 of the population completely unable to enter shops, who have money but cannot spend it.

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
But all of this is missing the point. The issue btw is not that masks are good or bad. It's that our town is being made, against its will, to act as a propaganda device.
I think it's a mistake on your part to assume that your opinion represents your entire community.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I have no idea, but I think my mom tried and the delivery thing was borked (I stay alive because they don't have any issue wearing masks).
So, they CAN go to the supermarket?

But suppose for a second that you are not tech savvy, can't afford a monthly phone bill, and are struggling to feed a family. These rules you take for granted are cruel. Typically we only have modesty exclusions to stores (no shirt, no shoes, no service) or behavior (tossing someone out for starting fights) and in fact most states have anti-mask laws. You are required to wear a mask yet it's illegal.
I'm confused. What part of wearing a mask is a problem, specifically?

It's as much a concern as starvation due to hoarding, which again, was totally ignored to push this agenda. In other words, a store that blanket excludes a customer from doing business there loses them as a customer. With clothing, that's not a big deal but with food or medicine super important. Suppose you can't buy your heart medicine? Either compromise what you feel, or die. Those are the choices.
And what are you feeling that prevents access to these things? Again, why is wearing a mask such a sacrifice?

The only thing out of date is the number. They still are fudging the actual amounts. The CDC released a report that said that pure COVID-19 deaths is much less than the 200,000 listed. If next week it is 300,000 or 1 million or 300 million (btw when death toll exceeds 30 million, immediately reject it as a scam; that's 1 in 10 of 300 million US population), my answer is the same. Numbers are inflated.
Except they aren't, if you look at total annual mortality rates on average.

Or traffic accidents. Reread that article. It said traffic accidents and suicides are blamed on COVID.
Only if they are confirmed to have Covid in the first place (something you missed), and the overall number of these cases is statistically very low. You still have to take into account overall average mortality rates being higher under Covid.

She is now on a respirator.
That sucks, but it is not the mask's fault that she didn't use it correctly and nobody tried to educate her.

You have a smug answer for everything but the fact is my mom, who only wears masks occasionally now is short of breath (look up the connection between masks and a condition known as hypoxia),
There is no link between masks and hypoxia - it's a myth. Surgeons and countless other professions wear cloth face coverings for hours at a time several days a week, and have been doing so for years (to say nothing of the widespread social use of masks in public places in Asia), and there has been no recorded rise in hypoxia and oxygen-deprevation related conditions in any of them. It's fabricated nonsense.
SOURCE: 'Deadly mask' claims debunked

If your mother is short of breath, has she had a formal medical diagnosis or a Covid test? You don't need to share any details here, but if she has not then that is what I would recommend. Either that, or your mother is wearing her mask far too tight (it would literally need to be near-air tight in order to re-breath CO2), and/or she is wearing a mask that is not made of sufficiently breathable material.

and my aunt who bought the mask logic but is an older woman without much sense and thought a mask was like wearing a glove where you can just take it on and off rather than something that gets dirty and moldy as you breathe out, is now struggling to breathe unsupported.
Again, that sucks, but it is not the fault of masks that your aunt mis-used them.

Also, gloves also get dirty and need to be washed. Has your aunt never washed a pair of gloves?

But all of this is missing the point. The issue btw is not that masks are good or bad. It's that our town is being made, against its will, to act as a propaganda device.
It's not "propaganda" to practice good health advice. Do you think advising people not to blow smoke in the face of children is propaganda as well?

Blacksmith's shop is closed, weaving is closed, all that made this town is either closed or open only under following the rules. If you don't wear the uniform, you are pariah. Untouchable. Is that really what my town wants?
I'm pretty sure what you town wants is not for many of its already vulnerable members to die unnecessarily due to the thoughtlessness, selfishness and ignorance of others. Maybe, just maybe, people being alive is more important than a blacksmith's shop being open.

To make a three tier caste system (ppl who can't/won't wear masks, people who do, and politicians who are above the rules)?
To pretend that this is a caste system is just plain ridiculous. It's just childish hyperbole, plain and simple.

What about when vaccine comes out? You can shop but only if you vaccinate? If you thought masks are easy to come by and nobody is starving over them, needles are a kettle of fish of a different color. There are people phobic of needles, people who have concerns about Revelation and how they need a mark to show who's vaccinated, people who think vaccines cause autism and other side-effects.
Those people are all making a choice. If I make a choice that I refuse to go anywhere except with my AK-47, or I refuse to ever wear pants, or if I choose to tattoo racist messages in my forehead, I have that freedom. But I would do so with the understanding that doing so would mean I wouldn't be welcome in a very large number of places.

People who are afraid of needles generally grow out of it.
People who fear revelation or think vaccines and linked with autism are just irrational and need not be cowed to.

That could be as much as 1/10 of the population completely unable to enter shops, who have money but cannot spend it.
That's their choice, and the choice of where they spend it.

Also, I'm willing to bet it would be more like less than 1% of the population. And that sucks for them, but if that's what they want to do, it's a rod they're making for their own backs. They would just have to live with alternative means to prevent infection.

On a personal level, do you believe that masks help slow the spread of the Corona virus?

Last edited:

Samantha Rinne

Not giving a crap about the well-being of others is a common (~1%) trait in humans known as psychopathy. With hundreds of participants on RF, you'd expect one or two.

@BSM1 : Psychopath Test - Scientific, 2 minute test for psychopathy, instant results

Disclaimer: I'm not a psychologist. This is not a diagnose.
Being a psychopath is not equivalent with being a criminal or even only an immoral person, it just is the inability of feeling empathy.

I got a five. I have a sort of live for the moment mentality, and I give few ****s about "what people think" but if it's a question of human lives, I actually do care if other people starve. I don't care as much about a disease, not when I haven't seen anyone even sneeze lately, much less drop dead. But being hungry, homeless, rejected, to the point of being at risk for death, these things are relatable.

That could be as much as 1/10 of the population completely unable to enter shops, who have money but cannot spend it.

That's their choice, and the choice of where they spend it.

Actually, a good candidate for the above test.

1/10 of the human population forced to get a vaccine (which could kill them, or worse) and saying "well, it's their choice." Sorry pal. It's my choice, because I care more about principles than whether I live or die. But it's not their choice, the choice of regular people, without the luxury of being able to stand by their principles. Their choice is take the vaccine or starve. That's a sadistic "choice".

Btw, have you "grown out" of any of your phobias? It is my experience that I have neither grown out of a fear of snakes, nor spiders, nor heights. I can handle heights when I believe there is no danger of falling, but getting on the side of a cliff without something like a ledge behind me is a no-go. Yet you expect people to take something which the creator of the product says could kill as many as 700,000 people and "get over" their fear.

On a personal level, do you believe that masks help stop the spread of the Corona virus?

I do not.

I in fact believe they help make healthy people sick, and people sicker.

Neurosurgeon Expresses Concerns Over Wearing Masks [Correction]

Notice the mandated "correction" where they try to undermine the whole article.

But now, there’s another doctor weighing in—besides Dr. Fauci, bonafide sex god and ruler of us all, who also said face masks are largely security theater and of no use to the healthy. Dr. Russell Blaylock, a neurosurgeon, has written an editorial saying that “masks pose serious risks to the healthy.”

"But this is some biased article written by..."
Fair enough, here's what MSN has to say about them.
9 Side Effects of Wearing Face Masks

"Face masks make breathing more difficult," points out Lazzarino in his letter. "For people with COPD"—that's chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, which causes a decreased air flow—"face masks are in fact intolerable to wear as they worsen their breathlessness. Moreover, a fraction of carbon dioxide previously exhaled is inhaled at each respiratory cycle. Those two phenomena increase breathing frequency and deepness, and hence they increase the amount of inhaled and exhaled air."

The Rx: "This may worsen the burden of COVID-19 if infected people wearing masks spread more contaminated air," he continues. "This may also worsen the clinical condition of infected people if the enhanced breathing pushes the viral load down into their lungs." If you feel you have COVID-19, you should quarantine yourself away from others and remove the mask. Contact a medical professional to discuss the next steps.

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Actually, a good candidate for the above test.
I actually scored lower than you (3).

1/10 of the human population forced get a vaccine (which could kill them, or worse) and saying "well, it's their choice."
As already stated, I don't believe the number would be 1/10, and you have yet to present any solid evidence of mortality being linked to a vaccine which - need I remind you - doesn't exist yet.

Sorry pal. It's my choice, because I care more about principles than whether I live or die.
That's not the issue. It's not YOUR life you are necessarily endangering with your "principles". It's the lives of others who are MORE vulnerable than you.

What you are actually saying is "Me sticking to my principles is more important than the lives of other people".

But it's not their choice, the choice of regular people, without the luxury of being able to stand by their principles. Their choice is take the vaccine or starve. That's a sadistic "choice".
Again, I could choose to carry and AK-47 around and be turned away from the vast majority of stores. Does that mean that is a "sadistic choice".

If people have genuine health reasons not to wear a mask of get a vaccine, fine. Most likely, they will be understood and catered for just like they are. But if the only reason you won't wear a mask or take a vaccine is because of obstinate belief in baseless conspiracies, I have little sympathy for you. Again, it is not (just) YOUR life you are endangering, but THE LIVES OF OTHERS. A person who doesn't believe in face masks walking into a store and infecting everybody there with Covid has made other people suffer and potentially die for their own beliefs. What you are actually advocating is harming others because of your beliefs. Why should my mother die of Covid just because you don't want to wear a mask?

I do not.

I in fact believe they help make healthy people sick, and people sicker.

Neurosurgeon Expresses Concerns Over Wearing Masks [Correction]

Notice the mandated "correction" where they try to undermine the whole article.
I've already explained that this is baseless. The evidence suggests that wearing masks reduces the spread of Covid. And your ignoring of the correction in this article is laughable. You're just ignoring any and all facts that don't fit with what you already believe.

"But this is some biased article written by..."
Fair enough, here's what MSN has to say about them.
9 Side Effects of Wearing Face Masks
Again, this is not supported by the evidence, and I've already acknowledged that there can be people who have medical conditions which would grant them an exemption to wearing a mask.

Did you read the link so gave, or do you only read links that you think already agree with you?

Samantha Rinne

I actually scored lower than you (3).

Good for you. You do know though, that psychopathic people tend to also be pathological liars, though, right?

Also, depending on whether you believe Ayn Rand, being more altruistic may not mean you are less psychopathic.

As already stated, I don't believe the number would be 1/10, and you have yet to present any solid evidence of mortality being linked to a vaccine which - need I remind you - doesn't exist yet.

So like, there's this interesting feature. You can put your mouse over a link, and don't even have to read it. It shows the link name. The link name for which could kill them goes to an article named
Gates Admits 700,000 People May Die from his Vaccine
But yeah, you say there's no proof, despite admission of guilt often being accepted as proof in a court of law.

When the creator of a "medicine" admits a drug/vaccine may kill 700k people, it's possibly even a low estimate. But one thing it definitely is, is proof the cure cannot be trusted.

1/10 is an arbitrary number. Even 1/1000 of the world's population refusing to wear a mask/get a shot and starving would be unacceptable. That this is not "it would be better in an ideal world for people to have their shots and wear masks" but rather "you will wear a mask/get a shot, or be denied service" is the worst type of tyranny. And when the service is necessary such as food or water, they are really saying, "you will wear a mask/get a shot, or you will die." Join or die. Where have I heard that? Oh wait...

Suppose someone (as South Park famously parodied) told you that you had to vote, or you would be killed. Would the deprivation of your ability to choose whether or not to do something ever cause an objection? Would there be a line in the sand where someone cannot declare you do something?

Wait, don't answer that. I can guess.

Again, I could choose to carry and AK-47 around and be turned away from the vast majority of stores. Does that mean that is a "sadistic choice".

This and that are two different things.

In Texas or Switzerland, you could probably be allowed in, but this is not relevant. What is, is that there is a difference between not having what is prohibited and is a weapon... and being told you need something which is not clothes in order to patronize.

If you were required to wear... a beanie for instance
bigbrimlesss.jpg

or be denied service, would this be the same as being told not to bring a dangerous weapon into a store? Not in the least.

By the way, as I said, there are laws against the wearing of masks. Laws which were broken by the very politicians forcing this.

§ 18.2-422. Prohibition of wearing of masks in certain places; exceptions.
It shall be unlawful for any person over 16 years of age to, with the intent to conceal his identity, wear any mask, hood or other device whereby a substantial portion of the face is hidden or covered so as to conceal the identity of the wearer, to be or appear in any public place, or upon any private property in this Commonwealth without first having obtained from the owner or tenant thereof consent to do so in writing. However, the provisions of this section shall not apply to persons (i) wearing traditional holiday costumes; (ii) engaged in professions, trades, employment or other activities and wearing protective masks which are deemed necessary for the physical safety of the wearer or other persons; (iii) engaged in any bona fide theatrical production or masquerade ball; or (iv) wearing a mask, hood or other device for bona fide medical reasons upon (a) the advice of a licensed physician or osteopath and carrying on his person an affidavit from the physician or osteopath specifying the medical necessity for wearing the device and the date on which the wearing of the device will no longer be necessary and providing a brief description of the device, or (b) the declaration of a disaster or state of emergency by the Governor in response to a public health emergency where the emergency declaration expressly waives this section, defines the mask appropriate for the emergency, and provides for the duration of the waiver. The violation of any provisions of this section is a Class 6 felony.

Section (b) was added by the governor. This in fact makes the entire law meaningless.

A required good requires you go and get it. What happens if they are become scarce yet you still must wear one? Musical chairs, that's what. Someone is left "without a chair" and is "out." Yet out in this case is dead, arrested, or harrassed.

Last edited: