• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CAN TIME EXIST WITHOUT ENTROPY?

CAN TIME EXIST WITHOUT ENTROPY?

• Yes (please explain)

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No....(please explain)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Other ..again please explain your response.

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
To say "no matter how well the other claims are supported" is in error.
The TOE has tremendous usefulness, ie, it has repeatedly made successfully tested predictions.
No alternative meets this basic scientific standard.

I think you are confusing the theory of everything with something else my friend. The big bang theory is still the go to theory for cosmologists despite the efforts of Stephen Hawking theory that has some huge problems that he conveniently ignores. And the TOE of Hawking if he has published one has made no predictions verified or not,

Regarding creationism & ID, they suffer from the problem of not possibly being shown wrong.Wolfgan Pauli said it best (translated & paraphrased from German).....It's not right....it's not even wrong.

Creationism and ID are not theories imo, in fact there is no standard theory for the evolution of life or the emergence of life or a real theory for the creation of the universe. They could develop a STANDARD ID theory if the powers that be would agree to anything at all which they don't. Hawking and a few other atheist friendly cosmologists etc fairly ran from the big bang theory when its theistic implications become clear. I just do not agree with the double standard of what is acceptable ideas theories etc etc in the secular scientific world. String theory for example was embraced as a science wunderbar even though it made no verifiable predictions for what 30 years or as a very good book tells us; When does physics depart the realm of testable hypothesis and come to resemble theology? Peter Woit* argues that string theory isn't just going in the wrong direction, it's not even science. Not Even Wrong shows that what many physicists call superstring “theory” is not a theory at all. It makes no predictions, not even wrong ones, and this very lack of falsifiability is what has allowed the subject to survive and flourish. Peter Woit explains why the mathematical conditions for progress in physics are entirely absent from superstring theory today, offering the other side of the story.https://www.amazon.com/Not-Even-Wrong-Failure-Physical/dp/0465092764

* Peter Woit is an American theoretical physicist. He is a Senior Lecturer in the Mathematics department at Columbia University.Born: Sep 11, 1957 (age 60) · United States Education: Princeton University · Harvard University. He obtained his PhD in particle theory from Princeton University in 1985

I urge you to read it, no you cant have my copy until I am done reading it! Take care my colleague in debate ...

; { >

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
I referred to the "Theory Of Evolution" by the "TOE".
(I thought the context made that clear.)
I know of no Theory Of Everything.

Ok sorry, I have a far greater interest in cosmology and astronomy (Its my new hobby revived) than life sciences. So when I hear TOE I go on auto thinking Theory Of Everything. I did pause thinking you certainly know such things but as compartmentalized as science the left hand not talking to the left I supposed you were referring to another theory. I wish I had went with my first thought ie to ask you privately if the comment was a typo etc but was in a hurry....sorry again, my bad!

; {>

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ok sorry, I have a far greater interest in cosmology and astronomy (Its my new hobby revived) than life sciences. So when I hear TOE I go on auto thinking Theory Of Everything. I did pause thinking you certainly know such things but as compartmentalized as science the left hand not talking to the left I supposed you were referring to another theory. I wish I had went with my first thought ie to ask you privately if the comment was a typo etc but was in a hurry....sorry again, my bad!

; {>
We're all good.