• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can someone please explain to me why a "drag show" is suddenly the epitome of evil?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Really? It seems that some take it as an established fact that drag is dangerous. And I don't know why. And I wonder if even they know why. I wonder if they have ever actually examined their position.

So explain it to me. I say if I guy wants to put on a dress and read a book to children that is a good thing. More people should do this. And I don't care if they dress up like a clown, or a puppy or in drag.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I think that kindergarten kids might be confused watching a person looking like the Fairy Godmother but sounding like Mike Tyson.
In my humble opinion.

There are endless stories about fathers who accommodate their little girls.

5-things1.jpg

q9gb1g1nK3GEnTE0t38X_dadcostume.jpg

And more here Devoted Dads Dress Up as Princesses in Public to Support Their Young Daughters

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Really? It seems that some take it as an established fact that drag is dangerous. And I don't know why. And I wonder if even they know why. I wonder if they have ever actually examined their position.

So explain it to me. I say if I guy wants to put on a dress and read a book to children that is a good thing. More people should do this. And I don't care if they dress up like a clown, or a puppy or in drag.

In some cultures, men wear dresses, skirts, etc. In our society, we have a narrow view of how to exhibit gender. It's sad.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Did this just show up in your news feed, too?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/healthy-mama-cancelled-drag-event-1.6622585

A Tecumseh restaurant holding a fairytale event for children involving drag performers says it's cancelled the event because of online backlash — backlash that the owner says sparked safety concerns.