• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can someone have a death wish and not be aware of it?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
hey ..you suggesting i dont look forward to Heaven?
I am still Christian.....i will do my time in Purgatory first though

That was not directed to you....LOL :p

Purgatory? I have never believed in such a place because it is not mentioned in scripture, and hellfire does not exist there either....is that good news or what? :D

.....and from studying the Bible I realize that I have no place in heaven myself. It's not a position that I was selected for.....I am content to be a citizen of God's Kingdom right here on earth where God put us in the first place....

I used to think I was a bit strange in my younger days....I never wanted to go to heaven, preferring instead to live on earth with all the rot gone.

What about you? Why do you believe that you are going to heaven?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
deejee
book of macabees for purgatory

Maccabees is not part of the Bible canon. Unless something is taught throughout the scriptures, it can't be accepted as a doctrine. Did Jesus even once mention purgatory? Did his apostles teach about such a place?

Did you know that the Bible does not even support the idea of an immortal soul? It was not a Jewish belief, so Jesus would never have taught it.

All this stuff that I was taught growing up, I found out through Bible study, was absolute rubbish. o_O

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Living until I die

Sounds like a blast.....
indifferent0025.gif

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I need to express this carefully.
Anyway. I might have a death wish. What are the symptoms? Is it similar to depression?
I lack optimism for the future. Ive only got maybe 20 or 30 years left being around 60 now.
Im not suicidal but ive lost ambition. Dont see a way to improve my career. Back pain. Wife sick. Low income. It wouldnt bother me not wake up tomorrow morning. But I need to be alive forcmy wife and dog. I have no kids. maybe having no kids gives my life less meaning.
Now I share all this with you but you know Im Christian. Christians are supposed to be optimistic. And Im not really optimistic by nature. Theres the contradiction.
Yeah so I need to fess up. I have a death wish. And it is affecting all my relations with people. I must bring a real neg. vibe to others. :(
Please go seek professional help. There are too many here who think they know what they are doing but are utterly clueless. It seems you are probably clinically depressed, but an online forum is just not suitable or adequate for accessing such things. Even if it's a suicide line and you aren't suicide, sometimes someone to talk to (and actually, physically talk to, preferable face-to-face, but anything is better than nothing) can go a very long ways. You seem to have some solid reasons to live, which is good, but some unnecessary baggage weighing you down (not having kids doesn't detract from your life having meaning or purpose).
I wish you well in this.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
i think we might avoid Bible discussions now. as we cant agree

We can't agree with the Bible or each other? :D

Does it bother you that the world is in such a mess and no body told you why?
What do you see as the future of mankind in view of what is happening?

sciatica

Notable Member
Please go seek professional help. There are too many here who think they know what they are doing but are utterly clueless. It seems you are probably clinically depressed, but an online forum is just not suitable or adequate for accessing such things. Even if it's a suicide line and you aren't suicide, sometimes someone to talk to (and actually, physically talk to, preferable face-to-face, but anything is better than nothing) can go a very long ways. You seem to have some solid reasons to live, which is good, but some unnecessary baggage weighing you down (not having kids doesn't detract from your life having meaning or purpose).
I wish you well in this.
i was expecting the default " go seek prof. help" post. im not stupid enough to take bad advice on an internet forum.
in fact i feel quite good right now. im just making conversation. taking off the mask and sharing my real thoughts.
sometimes people say interesting things. and surprise me.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
i was expecting the default " go seek prof. help" post. im not stupid enough to take bad advice on an internet forum.
in fact i feel quite good right now. im just making conversation. taking off the mask and sharing my real thoughts.
sometimes people say interesting things. and surprise me.
Sorry for the cliche. I've seen some very bad advice here, and out of concern really can't advise otherwise, but to seek help free of the ignorance that does show up in online forums. I wasn't trying to say you are stupid, just concerned (and somewhat "habitually obligated" working in mental health).
I really do wish you well though. It sounds like you're down in a hole. What kind of dog do you have? I have an Australian shepherd/boarder collie, and sorry but she is the cutest and most adorable dog ever (and the most jealous). :p

sciatica

Notable Member
Sorry for the cliche. I've seen some very bad advice here, and out of concern really can't advise otherwise, but to seek help free of the ignorance that does show up in online forums. I wasn't trying to say you are stupid, just concerned (and somewhat "habitually obligated" working in mental health).
I really do wish you well though. It sounds like you're down in a hole. What kind of dog do you have? I have an Australian shepherd/boarder collie, and sorry but she is the cutest and most adorable dog ever (and the most jealous). :p
i used to work in mental health too so i know all the games people play. plus of course hardcore mental illness which i dont have.
just trying to make this forum more personal by chatting.
my dog is a half corgi/kelpie. adorable.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
i used to work in mental health too so i know all the games people play. plus of course hardcore mental illness which i dont have.
just trying to make this forum more personal by chatting.
my dog is a half corgi/kelpie. adorable.
Those dogs are cute.