• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Someone Enjoy Life And Be Smart

dave_

I generally keep my cool.By keeping my cool i mean i am very calculating (to the point of cold bloodedness) , i am stable and in control of myself.Occasionally i take testosterone and aromatase inhibitors.When i take those i feel more implusive , more emotional.Literally i feel like when i am in my teens, early twenties.I feel my environment more and i tend to enjoy life more.The way one enjoys more in teens,early twenties.But at the same time with this joy i feel i can't think straight.Again it's like people are dumb in teens (i was dumb and i know lots of others too) and get smarter as they age.In order to gain my intelligence back i have to give up this joy.I still enjoy life but in a different way.Less alive or conscious of my senses , emotions , body etc.I don't remember the last time i felt fear , impulsivity etc but now taking testosterone and i feel again.I know people that are in their 30-50s and still they haven't matured.I think they are also dumb (or not as smart as their matured form)

Perhaps this is just me but i feel other people are the same way.So do you feel like me?Can someone enjoy life and still be smart , stabe , in control?

paragon

Your tastes change as your mind grows because your perception changes. Beauty doesn't disappear, it simply moves somewhere else.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I'll try being smart some day, & I'll return to let you know!

I don't have to hang by the neck waiting, do I?

giphy.gif

Wirey

Fartist
I'm smart and happy. I also know that I'm going to die, and compared to that, what else matters?

Only stupid people think their actions will have lasting consequences.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I generally keep my cool.By keeping my cool i mean i am very calculating (to the point of cold bloodedness) , i am stable and in control of myself.Occasionally i take testosterone and aromatase inhibitors.When i take those i feel more implusive , more emotional.Literally i feel like when i am in my teens, early twenties.I feel my environment more and i tend to enjoy life more.The way one enjoys more in teens,early twenties.But at the same time with this joy i feel i can't think straight.Again it's like people are dumb in teens (i was dumb and i know lots of others too) and get smarter as they age.In order to gain my intelligence back i have to give up this joy.I still enjoy life but in a different way.Less alive or conscious of my senses , emotions , body etc.I don't remember the last time i felt fear , impulsivity etc but now taking testosterone and i feel again.I know people that are in their 30-50s and still they haven't matured.I think they are also dumb (or not as smart as their matured form)

Perhaps this is just me but i feel other people are the same way.So do you feel like me?Can someone enjoy life and still be smart , stabe , in control?

Happiness(Joy) is a state of being and relies on nothing else. You could be extremely happy being tortured. You need to change your state of mind. Some use drugs but if you just try to change your state of mind on your own, it will be easier to do and cost a lot less.

Intelligence has nothing to do with happiness.

My teen years and 20's where filled with extreme highs and extreme lows. Yes I would love to relive the highs but I would love to relive the highs from every point in my life.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm smart and happy. I also know that I'm going to die, and compared to that, what else matters?

Only stupid people think their actions will have lasting consequences.
My stupidity is a monument for the ages!

suncowiam

I'm not sure if the opposite is actually true. Everyone has to face the consequences of their decision making. I'll take a guess and assume the smart decisions result in better lives while the dumb decisions end in worse situations.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Actually trying to being smart destroys life, we need to be who we are, simply that, and that is all that we need to be.