• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Someone Describe Love?

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Can someone please describe love for me. I think I might have been bitten by the Lovebug but it's been so long I don't remember the symptoms.
Is it normal to get a tingly feeling when you hear his voice?
Is this the illness that makes you act like a teenager all over again?
Does this feeling last forever or will it go away.

I really need some advice is there anyone here who is in love? Or is it just a temporary illusion? Surely there is someone out there who has these same symptoms.
;)

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Sounds like the first symptoms of love anyway.

Hope it all goes well, and enjoy!
Well it's been so long since I felt any type of feelings, that I'm not sure. Thanks any way, I really appreciate your response....

Circle_One

Can someone please describe love for me. I think I might have been bitten by the Lovebug but it's been so long I don't remember the symptoms.
Is it normal to get a tingly feeling when you hear his voice? Yeah, it's annoying, eh?
Is this the illness that makes you act like a teenager all over again? Ugh, yes! That's the absolute worst part. Especially when you find yourself giggling like a school girl!
Does this feeling last forever or will it go away. It doesn't necessarily go away. More like.. it turns into the "why the hell am I still here?" feeling, even though you know you CAN'T leave because you love him too much. That's real love. Knowing you should leave, but not being able to.

I really need some advice is there anyone here who is in love? Or is it just a temporary illusion? Surely there is someone out there who has these same symptoms.

Nanda

Polyanna
We call that NRE - New Relationship Energy. It's fun and maddening, and will eventually wear off, to either blossom into actual love, or fizzle out completely.

Circle_One

Is it normal to get a tingly feeling when you hear his voice? Yeah, it's annoying, eh?
Is this the illness that makes you act like a teenager all over again? Ugh, yes! That's the absolute worst part. Especially when you find yourself giggling like a school girl!
Does this feeling last forever or will it go away. It doesn't necessarily go away. More like.. it turns into the "why the hell am I still here?" feeling, even though you know you CAN'T leave because you love him too much. That's real love. Knowing you should leave, but not being able to.

On second thought. Maybe I'm just a bitter, cynical witch?

Charity

Let's go racing boys !

Darn scary feeling isn't it? I think I may even be willing to give Jeff Gordon up for this one.....Well I'll compromise...not give him up completely.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Love means never having to say you're sorry.

... or is that rudeness?

I think it is rudeness. Rudeness means never having to say you're sorry. Yep - that sounds more like it!

Never mind. Carry on!

:D

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Of course sometimes it's difficult to trust anyone or your own feelings. Especially if you have ever been burned before.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Love means never having to say you're sorry.

... or is that rudeness?

I think it is rudeness. Rudeness means never having to say you're sorry. Yep - that sounds more like it!

Never mind. Carry on!

:D
We can always count on you for a word of wisdom....;)

Circle_One

I think I am just cynical, maybe there are fairytale loves, but I honestly believe that true love is the situation I'm in now. I SHOULD leave him, but I can't. Nothing in this world (well... aside from him ever raising a hand to me) could tear me from this stupid, STUPID boy. And it's downright annoying!

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
We call that NRE - New Relationship Energy. It's fun and maddening, and will eventually wear off, to either blossom into actual love, or fizzle out completely.
It will be a contest to see if I fizzle out first or if the relationship does....:eek:

Circle_One

Don't give up Jeff entirely! I refuse to let go of Kevin. He's my fantasy love. Fantasy loves are allowed in real love. There's no rule that says otherwise.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Don't give up Jeff entirely! I refuse to let go of Kevin. He's my fantasy love. Fantasy loves are allowed in real love. There's no rule that says otherwise.
Your absolutely right....and after all that Fathead on my wall of Jeff cost $100. He stays....Everyone needs some fantasy.....you keep Kevin, I keep Jeff it's a deal.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I think that's a good deal!
When it comes to love I'm not sure whether I love being miserable or it's miserable being in love.....I always have that fear that something will not go right. Is that normal or am I being overly cautious?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
What you're describing is the bestest part of new love but as it's been stated already...once the initial happy vibes wear off, things tend to get a bit ordinary, which is when you'll learn if you truly have feelings for each other or are simply in love with the idea of being in love.

I genuinely wish you the best and hope that you'll keep us posted!