• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can science disprove the existence of God?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Depends on how people define God.
A personal omnipresent omnipotent God like Yahweh or Allah, ..............

There are No Scriptures supporting Yahweh ( YHWH ) as omnipresent. Yahweh as a specific dwelling location -> 1 Kings 8:30; 1 Kings 8:39; 1 Kings 8:45; 1 Kings 8:49
Also, the God of the Bible (YHWH) is Not omnipotent. God can Not lie - Titus 1:2; Hebrews 6:18. Yahweh can Not make or force you to serve or worship Him.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
and what shall I make of this?....that believers are willing to nod their head without 'proof'?
and atheists are willing to shake their heads.....nay....without 'proof'.....
I think in more likely there is a God
how do I know?....science
Cause and effect is a basic requirement .....and substance won't move on it's own volition
the Big Bang was more likely a snap of God's fingers....so to speak

I like how you used the ^ above^ words: ' likely a snap of God's fingers '....so to speak. - Psalms 104:30
Please notice Luke 11:20; Matthew 12:28 because God's spirit is likened to the finger of God.
Moses too likened God's spirit as the finger of God at Exodus 31:18 B

Interesting too that you say ' science '.
Science reveals ' scientific truth ' to us such as what is the boiling point and freezing point for water, etc. which has an effect.
So, why should it be any different with ' religious truth ' as Jesus taught that Scripture is truth - John 17:17
As temperature has an effect on water, the teachings of Christ would also have an effect.
That is why Jesus gave the illustration about the effect upon the genuine ' wheat ' Christians, and the effect on the fake ' weed/tares' Christians.
So, those who adjust to the genuine teachings of Christ as found in Scripture create the unity of love as found at Jesus' New commandment - John 13:34-35 - to have self-sacrificing love.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
if you believe is science.....

science would insist.....
substance at rest will remain at rest....

Someone had to be there to give it a 'push'......so to speak

if substance is 'self' motivated.....science has lied

Science is a process of aquiring knowledge. Whilst that process has led us to mistaken conclusions on a regular basis, that is not 'science lying'.

bnabernard

There are No Scriptures supporting Yahweh ( YHWH ) as omnipresent. Yahweh as a specific dwelling location -> 1 Kings 8:30; 1 Kings 8:39; 1 Kings 8:45; 1 Kings 8:49
Also, the God of the Bible (YHWH) is Not omnipotent. God can Not lie - Titus 1:2; Hebrews 6:18. Yahweh can Not make or force you to serve or worship Him.

I tend to help myself understand omnipresence by understanding 'nothing', nothing is of course omnipresent.

Omnipotent does not require force, we are easily manipulated by coercion/

bernard (hug)

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I tend to help myself understand omnipresence by understanding 'nothing', nothing is of course omnipresent.

Omnipotent does not require force, we are easily manipulated by coercion/

bernard (hug)
What is the reality you understand to be represented by the concept of 'nothing'?

bnabernard

I quote Bohn who said ;;everything we call real is made of things we cannot call real'' to help me understand nothing.
From omnipresent nothing comes everything,
Or does everything create nothing?.

bernard (hug)

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I quote Bohn who said ;;everything we call real is made of things we cannot call real'' to help me understand nothing.

bernard (hug)
Who's Bohn? If you mean Bohr....he would be referring to quantum vacuum reality which a not 'real' in the sense of the workings of physical reality as perceived by human common senses is real...but it is definitely real in the sense that it does exist. And so it is far from being nothing...and according to zpe theory...its energy density may be infinite....can't get any further from being nothing than that.. :)

bnabernard

Who's Bohn? If you mean Bohr....he would be referring to quantum vacuum reality which a not 'real' in the sense of the workings of physical reality as perceived by human common senses is real...but it is definitely real in the sense that it does exist. And so it is far from being nothing...and according to zpe theory...its energy density may be infinite....can't get any further from being nothing than that.. :)

Do you jump to his reality before or after einstien agreed with him?

bernard (hug)

OurCreed

There is no God but Allah
Never, because God is a philosophical concept. It's completely undetectable by science or any testable, empirical methods.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Never, because God is a philosophical concept. It's completely undetectable by science or any testable, empirical methods.

The existence of the Earth and Universe is Not a philosophical concept. The Universe did Not come from nothing but from something. From God's power and strength ( His energy )

Science detected that there is an effect when temperature changes water to a boiling point or a freezing point, etc.
So, why think there would be a difference with belief in God.
Religious truth would have an effect on its followers.
Jesus' recorded words talk about how there would be a good effect on genuine ' wheat ' followers besides a bad effect on fake ' weed/tares' followers.- John 13:34-35
How both would grow together until the harvest time, or these end times of badness here on Earth.
Don't we see evidence of that in today's world? ______ Many say they worship God, but their behavior shows otherwise.
The selfish distorted form of love the world in general now displays is detectable by their bad attitudes and behavior as listed at 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And the question in religion is, why do the immortal argue. :)
bernard (hug)

Who is immortal ?
Adam and Eve ( humans ) were Not created to be immortal.
Adam and Eve ( humans ) were offered Not immortality, but ' everlasting life on Earth ' as long as Not breaking God's Law.
So, there is a BIG difference between being 'death proof ' (immortal) and being mortal capable of death.
And the question in religion is, who says the immortal argue ?_________

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
bernard (hug)

According to Scripture it is Not from nothing comes everything.
Rather, according to Scripture, everything comes from God's ' power and strength ' ( His abundant dynamic energy ) - Isaiah 40:26; Jeremiah 10:12; 27:5; 32:17
God supplied His ' energy ' to create the material realm of existence - Psalms 104:30