• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can science create a word or an atom of the Universe/s from annihilation?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Can science create a word* or an atom of the Universe/s from annihilation**?
Please

Regards

One may like to read post #45 in another sub-forum.
and _______________do______#5_______ in this thread.

Last edited:

Lorgar-Aurelian

Okay what the hell is with these questions? How is this a religious debate? You keep asking these questions like can science do this? what about thissssss????/ Is there a point? Do you think everyone thinks science can never have any issues with anything? People don't tend to treat science as a god unless they are ****ing stupid.

Any sane rational person knows that science is good but people can make mistakes ect which is why they look for evidence to back up what the scientist is saying. They look at the data . It's not authoritative either, I've heard various scientists say the ****ing dumbest **** on a regular basis. Mostly when it comes to their own beliefs.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Okay what the hell is with these questions? How is this a religious debate? You keep asking these questions like can science do this? what about thissssss????/ Is there a point? Do you think everyone thinks science can never have any issues with anything? People don't tend to treat science as a god unless they are ****ing stupid.

Any sane rational person knows that science is good but people can make mistakes ect which is why they look for evidence to back up what the scientist is saying. They look at the data . It's not authoritative either, I've heard various scientists say the ****ing dumbest **** on a regular basis. Mostly when it comes to their own beliefs.
Is it bad to ask questions. Please don't get angry. Sorry, if it disturbs one personally.
What type of questions could be asked and what are not to be asked? Please
An inquisitive mind does ask questions. Is it wrong? Please
Regards

Last edited:

Shad

Veteran Member
Can science create a word* or an atom of the Universe/s from annihilation**?
Please

Regards

One may like to read post #45 in another sub-forum.

No it can't. Your question is due to you not understanding what science actually is despite years of people here, and other forums (you use the same username), explaining it to you.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

God has created the universe/s and everything in it. God has created the inanimates/animates and the human beings*. God has taught the human beings the language/s while the others, the inanimates and animates except human beings have not been bestowed with any language/s. So, the question in this context is very much religious, one would agree. Isn't it? Please
Regards

*Through the process of evolution in millions of years, of course as the science says, though there is nothing in writing with the science in this connection, as the matter is related to pre-pre-pre-pre-History.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
God has created the universe/s and everything in it. God has created the inanimates/animates and the human beings*. God has taught the human beings the language/s while the others, the inanimates and animates except human beings have not been bestowed with any language/s. So, the question in this context is very much religious, one would agree. Isn't it? Please
Regards

*Through the process of evolution in millions of years, of course as the science says, though there is nothing in writing with the science in this connection, as the matter is related to pre-pre-pre-pre-History.

You belive these things. But they are far from being proven. For example, that some deity taught humans how to use language is rather a silly proposition, don't you think?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You belive these things. But they are far from being proven. For example, that some deity taught humans how to use language is rather a silly proposition, don't you think?
I don't agree with one.
This is the reality, and God claims this, there is no other claimant, and science is dumb on it. Is there any other claimant? Please
Regards

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry, if one cannot see me showing.
The claim could be made verbally?
Does one want that I must quote from Quran to show it to one? Please
Will that help? Please
Regards

You said that God claims something, not that you are claiming something.
A quote from the Quran only shows that a book of fiction can have false claims. Nothing new there.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
No it can't. Your question is due to you not understanding what science actually is despite years of people here, and other forums (you use the same username), explaining it to you.
Is it an acknowledgement that science cannot create a word or an atom of the Universe/s from annihilation? Please
Regards

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Is it an acknowledgement that science cannot create a word or an atom of the Universe/s from annihilation? Please
Regards

Again, what does that even mean? The question makes no sense. We create words all the time. I'm not sure what you mean when you ask to 'create an atom of the Universe from annihilation'. Do you mean to ask if we can create an atom from nothing?

No, we cannot do that. So what? You make a claim that some deity can. Prove it. Not by quoting a book of myths. Prove it by showing how it is done.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Regards

I'm not 100% sure I understand your question. But if you're asking whether science can create "something" out of "nothing", I'd say two things:

- The definitions of "something" and "nothing" would need to be described very precisely.
- Maybe someday science will be able to do this.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I'm not 100% sure I understand your question. But if you're asking whether science can create "something" out of "nothing", I'd say two things:

- The definitions of "something" and "nothing" would need to be described very precisely.
- Maybe someday science will be able to do this.
I also used the word annihilation to elaborate meaning to cause to cease to exist or to do away with entirely so that none remains.
Regards

"act of reducing to non-existence," 1630s, from Middle French annihilation (restored from Old French anichilacion, 14c.), or directly from Medieval Latin annihilationem (nominative annihilatio), noun of action from past participle stem of annihilare "reduce to nothing" (see annihilate). In theology, an Annihilationist (1850) believed that the wicked were annihilated after death rather than sent to eternal suffering.

Shad

Veteran Member
Is it an acknowledgement that science cannot create a word

People can create any words they wish as words are part of language not something contained and developed only within science. Slang is an example of normal people creating words which have meaning. Scientists do make up words all the time for terminology.

or an atom of the Universe/s from annihilation? Please
Regards

At this time no. We can change existing atoms via fusion. We orbit an object which does this as part of it's nature. IE the sun.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Is it bad to ask questions. Please don't get angry. Sorry, if it disturbs one personally.
What type of questions could be asked and what are not to be asked? Please
An inquisitive mind does ask questions. Is it wrong? Please
Regards
As a rule, attempts to claim that God can do anything and human science can't are not likely to be well received.

Not because they are difficult to answer, but because they betray a poor understanding of science and religion and are difficult to answer without hurting the questioner's feelings.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
People can create any words they wish as words are part of language not something contained and developed only within science. Slang is an example of normal people creating words which have meaning. Scientists do make up words all the time for terminology.
Terminologies are not words strictly speaking, that is why these are called terminologies .
Regards

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
There is a wonderful old expression in English that fits this thread well.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."