• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Real Peace Exist between Christianity and Islam?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Navigator said:
Is there a verse in the Quran that instructs you to love, and be at peace with your jewish neighbor(if you had one), regardless of his religion, and treat him, equal, as if he was a fellow Muslim?

Mujahid said, "I was with 'Abdullah ibn 'Amr while his slave was skinning a sheep. He said, 'Boy! When you finish, start with the Jewish neighbour.' A man there exclaimed, 'Jewish? May Allah correct you!' He replied, 'I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, recommend that we treat our neighbours well until we feared (or we thought) that he would order us to make them our heirs.'"

There is a famous story of a Jew who was a neighbour of the Prophet (SAWS) who used to dump rubbish on his doorstep. One day, the Prophet found no rubbish. The next day he found no rubbish, so he asked about the Jew, only to find that he was sick. He then visited the sick Jew and tried to make him feel better. As a result, the Jew became Muslim.

If your neighbors are Muslim and relatives, then they have three rights on you: the right of the neighbor, the right of kin, and the right of the co-religionist. If they are non-Muslim and relatives, then two rights are due to them: that of neighbor and kin. And if they are non-Muslims outside of the family, you owe them the right of the neighbor only. Referring to this, Allah Almighty says what means, (And serve Allah. Ascribe no thing as partner unto Him. (Show) kindness unto parents, and unto near kindred, and orphans, and the needy, and into the neighbor who is of kin (unto you) and the neighbor who is not of kin and the fellow traveler…) (An-Nisaa’)

It's all over here:

http://www.islamonline.net/English/introducingislam/society/Neighborhoods/article02.shtml

http://www.sunnipath.com/Resources/PrintMedia/Hadith/H0003P0006.aspx

http://www.theprophetmuhammad.org/morality.html

"YOU NEVER PROVIDE ANY EVIDENCE EVER, IT IS NOT A DIFFICULT THING YOU MAKE STATEMENTS THEN YOU SHOULD PROVIDE PROOF OTHERWISE YOUR IDEAS AND THEORIES WILL BE JUST AS THEY ARE IDEAS AND THEORIES. NOTHING VALIDATED BY ANYTHING JUST BLANKET STATEMENTS."

One of the major complaints of those of us who debate Muslims is that they are forever diverting the discussion whenever it reveals criticisms of Muhammad or his book that Muslims cannot answer without confirming Western prejudices against Muhammad's ethics and knowledge of the world.

What "evidence" do you want, Mujahid? You want me to post my Ahmadiyyah's experiences in Pakistan at the hands of hostile Muslims there?

Do you want me to post the daily death tallies of Muslims killing each other in Iraq? Do you want me to post the number of wars going on in the world in which Muslim religionists are engaged? Do you want me to post the international outcries against Muslim beserko paranoid cult behavior over Danish cartoons? Do you want me to post the facts of Muslim ignorance reflected in percentages of educated Muslims in the world compared to Christians and Jews? Do you want me to post the GNP figures of Muslim nations that show how Christians and Jews and now Hindus outstrip Muslims in economic independence for their nations? These are clear signs that Islam is out of date and needs a thorough Reformation or it will be relegated to the compost heap of history.

What will it take to convince you Muslims that, no, Allah has not given you a magic key to the universe with the Quran and yes, the Quran and its author will suffer the same fate as the other Abrahamic authors and their stories and teachings. They are all out of date and cannot overcome the onus of being based on outright lies foisted on believers as true history, e.g. for Muslims told that "Adam", "Noah", the Exodus story, Sodom and Gommorah and the miraculous birth of Jesus were true historical events when they were only stories written by creative religious authors meant to reinforce national identity for Jews or to give a historically "believable" platform for Christianity. A prophet who took these tales as reality will of course be exposed by modern scrutiny and that is the inevitable fate of Muhammad and his book. A modern prophet brings this unwelcome but truthful news because it takes a prophet to overcome a prophet.

Dick Schinke

Muslims and Christian could live at peace with each other, and individualy, many do. Being at peace doesn't mean agreeing with the other's beliefs. It means not doing harm to each other and helping each other in spite of your different beliefs. In fact, that is a fundamental requirment as taught by Jesus. You know, "Love your neighbor as yourself" Just because so many who call themselves Christians doesn't follow this teaching doesn't make Christianty wrong, or evil, or any other negative thing you can say about about it. Christian teaching says to LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR; PERIOD! So if we who are Christians wish to follow our example, Jesus, we will Love our neighbors. Muslims who seriously wish to follow their leader will follow his teachings. One of his teachings is to kill infidels as stated in the Quoran. That is a requirement as taught by Mohammad. Those who are included as infidels are Christians and Jews. As a result, it is difficult to be at peace with this religion in general when you realize that the true followers of this religion are tryiing to kill you.

love

tri-polar optimist
St. Luke 6:26-33
Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! For so did their fathers of the false prophets.
But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemy's, do good to them which hate you,
Bless them that curse you, and pray for them that despitefully use you.
And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other: and him that taketh away thy cloak fordid him not to take thy coat also.
Give to every man that asketh of thee, and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
And as you would that men should do to you, do ye also to them like wise.
For if you love them which love you, what thank have you? For sinners also do even the same.

astarath

As corny as this sounds this is all it takes.
Love Allah/God/Yahweh above all
Love one another

The conformation to these tenets by all will lead to peace love and one world under God.
We have no need for everyone to track transgressions among one another but rather focus on when great deads have been done. For one refer to the work of Yaheshua and the Roman Centurion. He heals his daughter merely because he understands the role he is to play, and shows love to God.

Then I hear the story "the tears of Salahuddin" a truly inspiring tale of how he shows love and compassion to a christian woman who begs for her daughter's life.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
arielmessenger said:
One of the major complaints of those of us who debate Muslims is that they are forever diverting the discussion whenever it reveals criticisms of Muhammad or his book that Muslims cannot answer without confirming Western prejudices against Muhammad's ethics and knowledge of the world.

Show me where did that happen in here?

What "evidence" do you want, Mujahid? You want me to post my Ahmadiyyah's experiences in Pakistan at the hands of hostile Muslims there?

Stop waving your Ahmadiyyah sword everytime you talk in here. I don't know what did your Ahmadiyyah friend told you but at least you have to be professional and stop talking non-sense about how the majority so called cruel Muslims are persecuting those who call themselves Ahmadiyyah and start coming up with evidences instead of wasting our time with your vague unproved long posts.

Do you want me to post the daily death tallies of Muslims killing each other in Iraq? Do you want me to post the number of wars going on in the world in which Muslim religionists are engaged? Do you want me to post the international outcries against Muslim beserko paranoid cult behavior over Danish cartoons? Do you want me to post the facts of Muslim ignorance reflected in percentages of educated Muslims in the world compared to Christians and Jews? Do you want me to post the GNP figures of Muslim nations that show how Christians and Jews and now Hindus outstrip Muslims in economic independence for their nations? These are clear signs that Islam is out of date and needs a thorough Reformation or it will be relegated to the compost heap of history.

I can answer this from the Quran. Muslims know what happened in the past when they ruled most of this world and they know well what would happen if they stopped practicing Islam. Islam is for all times but Muslims sometimes forget that, and when they do so, they have to go back and read the Quran. Allah knows that this is what will happen to us so he told us in the Quran:

[139] So lose not heart, nor fall into despair: for ye must gain mastery if ye are true in Faith.

[140] If a wound hath touched you, be sure a similar wound hath touched the others. Such days (of varying fortunes) we give to men and men by turns: that Allah may know those that believe, and that He may take to Himself from your ranks martyr-witnesses (to Truth). And Allah loveth not those that do wrong.

[141] Allah's object also is to purge those that are true in Faith and to deprive of blessing those that resist Faith.

[142] Did ye think that ye would enter Heaven without Allah testing those of you who fought hard (in His Cause) and remained steadfast? (Quran 3:139-142)

Life is like that ...

Muslims in the light, and Europe in the dark
OR
Europe in the light, and the Muslims on the dark.

This just an example of what would happen in this life and it's normal of you have a basic knowledge of history. Only those short sighted people with no deep thinking fall into this trap of being arrogant and happy for being in power for a century or two.

Do you know that
Muslims ruled in Spain and Portugal ALONE over a period of 800 years?

I bet you don't know or maybe you don't read about it because you are busy with preparing yourself to be the new ignorant prophet to the world.

I won't tell you for how long did the Muslims rule this world from China in the east till morocco in the west of Africa and i just told you about ONLY 800 years in Spain and you go and do your reading for how long the Muslims ruled the other parts of the world in peace and justice with all as Allah and his Apostle our beloved prophet Mohammed instructed them.

Those who were his enemies and stoned and ridiculed him heard this animating divine words: “It was by the mercy of Allah that thou wast lenient with them (O Muhammad), for if thou hadst been stern and fierce of heart they would have dispersed from round about thee. So pardon them and ask forgiveness for them and consult with them upon the conduct of affairs. And when thou art resolved, then put thy trust in Allah. Lo! Allah loveth those who put their trust (in Him).” (Al-`Imran: 159) This was the voice of Muhammad.

The following pure words were imprinted on the minds of those who were endeavoring in the path of Allah for a better life, and were ready to support him (Muhammad) in his campaign against idol-worship and evil doing, and were afraid lest their rights and good conduct might be wasted in the battle-field. “Remember! Don't be treacherous. Don't commit breach of trust. Don't kill either a child or a woman or an old man or a monk in a monastery. Don't burn a date-palm tree and don't cut any tree nor pull down a building.” This voice was the voice of Muhammad.

This voice of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, was a call for human brotherhood. It stopped the hands of the rulers from reaching the property of the subjects and gave equal rights to all human beings. In his religion there is no discrimination between a common man, a ruler and a subject; an Arab and a non-Arab, because all human beings are the slaves of Allah and it is He who provides sustenance to all of them.

This voice emancipated women from the oppression of men, freed the laborers from the injustice of the capitalists and delivered the servants from the degradation of submission to their masters. As opposed to Plato and other philosophers, who deprive the workers of their social rights on account of their mean occupation and have divided the society into many grades, the Prophet of Islam made all human beings participate in the affairs of government. He also disallowed usury and exploitation of one man by another.

Read more about in it in this link below and give yourself some time to read the history if you still into this "being prophet" thing because this is the least you can do.;)

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39491

What will it take to convince you Muslims that, no, Allah has not given you a magic key to the universe with the Quran and yes, the Quran and its author will suffer the same fate as the other Abrahamic authors and their stories and teachings. They are all out of date and cannot overcome the onus of being based on outright lies foisted on believers as true history, e.g. for Muslims told that "Adam", "Noah", the Exodus story, Sodom and Gommorah and the miraculous birth of Jesus were true historical events when they were only stories written by creative religious authors meant to reinforce national identity for Jews or to give a historically "believable" platform for Christianity. A prophet who took these tales as reality will of course be exposed by modern scrutiny and that is the inevitable fate of Muhammad and his book. A modern prophet brings this unwelcome but truthful news because it takes a prophet to overcome a prophet.

No one ever can overcome prophet Mohammed not even overcome some of what prophet Mohammed teach. You really have no idea who is prophet Mohammed. There is an arabic saying: "if you don't know and you don't know that you don't know so this is a disaster".

Read about Prophet Mohammed in here:
http://www.geocities.com/baron_night84/DO_YOU_KNOW_HIM1.pps#256,1,Slide

And yeah, bring any evidence for anything from now and on or you will just be ignored by all for repeating the same thing everytime you are here all over and over without any tiny little evidence for what you portray so desperately.

Mujahid Mohammed

arielmessenger said:
My only complaint is you never give any evidence for anything.

I want you to give me evidence from the Quran and the authentic sunnah in the context of how the Messenger gave the Messenger in the succession of recieving it and how the companions accepted it and implemented its actions.

As I told you I want evidence from the quran and authentic sunnah that any of this stuff is allowed or taught or was done by anyone who lived in the time of the Messenger.

Evidence, Evidence, Evidence, that is what it will take, It will take evidence that is all i am asking for is just a little evidence.

Mujahid Mohammed

Dick Schinke said:
Muslims and Christian could live at peace with each other, and individualy, many do. Being at peace doesn't mean agreeing with the other's beliefs. It means not doing harm to each other and helping each other in spite of your different beliefs. In fact, that is a fundamental requirment as taught by Jesus. You know, "Love your neighbor as yourself" Just because so many who call themselves Christians doesn't follow this teaching doesn't make Christianty wrong, or evil, or any other negative thing you can say about about it. Christian teaching says to LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR; PERIOD! So if we who are Christians wish to follow our example, Jesus, we will Love our neighbors. Muslims who seriously wish to follow their leader will follow his teachings. One of his teachings is to kill infidels as stated in the Quoran. That is a requirement as taught by Mohammad. Those who are included as infidels are Christians and Jews. As a result, it is difficult to be at peace with this religion in general when you realize that the true followers of this religion are tryiing to kill you.
Are you kidding me, Have you ever read the Quran or talked to a muslim. or did you just come up with that interpretation all by yourself?

Popeyesays

Ariel hawks a loogie:
"Do you want me to post the daily death tallies of Muslims killing each other in Iraq? Do you want me to post the number of wars going on in the world in which Muslim religionists are engaged? "

Here's one for you: What war was America's most costly war? No, it wasn't World War Two, it was the civil war. Why is that so? Because it was a civil war, the casualties on both sides were American losses.

What we have in Iraq now is a civil war split along religious lines, because the factions in Iran are all religious in nature.

Now would a true follower of Muhammad murder a fellow muslim? Of course, he wouldn't that means the people perpetrating violence against their brethren are not muslims at all--they are POSING as muslims.

Regards,
Scott

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
arielmessenger said:
That you or any Muslim can claim with a straight face that Muhammad has created a "noble" "religion of peace" is so idiotic it doesn't can't be answered because anyone who still holds such a belief in a religion that so obviously inspires killers to kill

This is my proof of my PEACEFUL religion.

[32] On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if anyone slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our Messengers with Clear Signs, Yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land. (Quran 5:32)

But you have NONE of what you claim. If you have, stop writing meaningless posts and produce your evidence from my scriptures, otherwise go and find for yourself any other thing to play with. RF is not like the other places used to go to, you have in here to prove what you claim or you will get no attention from any.

Mujahid Mohammed

arielmessenger said:
That's what you are doing, Scott, apologizing for Muslim killers inspired by their Quranic teachings. It isn't for me.

Mujahid, I am not playing into "who's interpreting the Quran right and who isn't" game. I have a real source of authority for my opinions of Muhammad and his book: body counts.

That you or any Muslim can claim with a straight face that Muhammad has created a "noble" "religion of peace" is so idiotic it doesn't can't be answered because anyone who still holds such a belief in a religion that so obviously inspires killers to kill, not only themselves, not only non-Muslims but other Muslims as well, cannot be reasoned with. They are blinded to morality by cult brain-washing from cultures that have elevated Muhammad to the level of a demi-god, a man who can do no wrong, can never author anything with errors in it. In other words, a man made into an IDOL.

That you cannot recognize God's plan to restore the original derivation of the word Shalom as the name for God as Peace is only your Muslim mesmerization talking that forbids you to think for yourself or allow anything or anyone to discredit your idols, Muhammad and his book, the Quran.

I am here as your emancipator, to free you from slavery to an ancient man's ideas and to direct you back to God, the Living God, for God is God of the living, not the dead.

"You were born an original....don't die a copy."

in other words, don't die a clone of Muhammad.
EVIDENCE, IT IS NOT A DIFFICULT CONCEPT YET YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH SO SIMPLE A TASK. GIVE ME SOME EVIDENCE FROM THE QURAN AND SUNNAH FROM THE CONTEXT OF THE MESSENGER. :D

DON'T DISBELEIVE IN THE TRUTH FROM GOD OR YOU WILL BE IN A MISERABLE STATE ON THE DAY OF JUDGMENT:sad4:

PLEASE JUST PROVIDE SOME EVIDENCE FROM THE QURAN AND SUNNAH, DO IT ONCE AND I MAY HUMOR YOU WITH AN ANSWER. OR JUST :foot:

PEACE

Why on earth do I need to quote the Quran to make a point anyone on earth who has access to international news can verify?

Are you quoting my religious texts? Am I demanding that you do so? No. It's would be absurd as is your request for citing Quranic verses.

I can cite a large number of Quranic verses that historically and current inspire Muslims to kill others. Is this what you want? To post the verses then endlessly play the Muslim debate games of
"oh, you don't know the CONTEXT of what Muhammad was dealing with at the time he authored that"
or

"oh, you don't know Arabic so you don't know what you're talking about"
or

"oh, you don't know the hadiths that provide the correct interpretation of what Muhammad said',

etc, etc. In other words, to me, diversion from direct confrontation of moral principles: as seen in daily, weekly, month, yearly, body counts of Muslims against Muslims and against non-Muslims.

It is part and parcel of my general criticism of Muhammad's Islam that he has taught Muslims to be clones of his own mind unable to think rationally about religious matters on their own steam. Exact same problem that one finds in fundamentalist Christians who truly believe each and every word of their Bible is the Word of God with no errors. This is idolatry, worship of men and man-made works. I'm sorry to be one in a long line of iconoclasts but Muhammad must be taken off his pedestol before Muslim minds can be freed to think rationally. I can only point to the problem but only Muslims themselves can overcome their religious cult indoctrinations, most of who have receive it cradle to grave in Muslim lands. It won't be easy to do and that's why I think Muslims are so hard on those who have gone beyond Muhammad, like the Ahmadiyyahs or Ba'hais.

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
arielmessenger said:
Why on earth do I need to quote the Quran to make a point anyone on earth who has access to international news can verify?

Are you quoting my religious texts? Am I demanding that you do so? No. It's would be absurd as is your request for citing Quranic verses.

I can cite a large number of Quranic verses that historically and current inspire Muslims to kill others. Is this what you want? To post the verses then endlessly play the Muslim debate games of
"oh, you don't know the CONTEXT of what Muhammad was dealing with at the time he authored that"
or

or

"oh, you don't know the hadiths that provide the correct interpretation of what Muhammad said',

etc, etc. In other words, to me, diversion from direct confrontation of moral principles: as seen in daily, weekly, month, yearly, body counts of Muslims against Muslims and against non-Muslims.

It is part and parcel of my general criticism of Muhammad's Islam that he has taught Muslims to be clones of his own mind unable to think rationally about religious matters on their own steam. Exact same problem that one finds in fundamentalist Christians who truly believe each and every word of their Bible is the Word of God with no errors. This is idolatry, worship of men and man-made works. I'm sorry to be one in a long line of iconoclasts but Muhammad must be taken off his pedestol before Muslim minds can be freed to think rationally. I can only point to the problem but only Muslims themselves can overcome their religious cult indoctrinations, most of who have receive it cradle to grave in Muslim lands. It won't be easy to do and that's why I think Muslims are so hard on those who have gone beyond Muhammad, like the Ahmadiyyahs or Ba'hais.
First of all, it's totally wrong saying Mohamed's Islam...
And very wrong as well thinking prophet Mohamed is anything but a normal man, who was just chosen by God to deliver His message...
Mohammed(pbuh) is not an idol, and never will be...

Are you considering the last 50 years news?, and obviously neglecting more than 1400 years of Islamic history?
Want to discuss the islamic teaching, or wrong understandings?...provide evidances for sure first before starting to state facts you discoverd from reading newspapers telling stories about obviously sick people...

Booko

Deviled Hen
*** MOD POST ***

Just a reminder:

4.) While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. We will allow faith to be debated and discussed by a member only when there is no hostile, rude, or insulting opinion of another's faith. The same applies to international conflicts; hostile, rude or insulting opinions of one of the sides to an international conflict will not be allowed. These restrictions to an open debate or discussion also apply to material linked and/or quoted from another site. Our decision is final in these matters.

I was booted off before for my inability to be a hypocrite and not saying what I think about religions like Islam and Zionist Judaism or religious founders like Muhammad.

Religious talkboards where intellectual honesty is respected are few and far between. We are told to obey rules that force us to keep silent or lie about our true beliefs about other belief systems in order not to offend other's sensibilities.

I will boycott the debate before I will condone bad religious instructions. If members here want to know my full religious beliefs, the beliefs of a modern gnostic prophesy-bearer, they are available in my books. I am not allowed to say more here.

Mujahid Mohammed

arielmessenger said:
Because it is an authority on what is and is not our religion not what happens on the nightly news, so when you make a statement about islam, as I and many others have said it must be from the Quran and the authentic sunnah in the Messengers context. that is what is Islam.

You have not provided me with your revelations or documents so how can we compare anything, all you have been doing is just making statements, no references or anything.

I can cite a large number of Quranic verses that historically and current inspire Muslims to kill others. Is this what you want?
I believe I have been more then patient and cordial with you about this issue. cite the verses and show how the companions and the Messenger of Allah understood the verses. That is Islam if you go outside of that then you are talking about some man made religion that came from people who claim to be under the banner of islam, but many of their violent actions cannot be validated by the sunnah of the Messenger.

To post the verses then endlessly play the Muslim debate games of
or

or

ALL I HAVE EVER DONE IS ASK YOU TO GIVE THE EVIDENCE WHICH YOU REFUSE TO DO. YOU JUST MAKE STATEMENTS WITH NOTHING TO BACK IT UP. SAD REALLY, JUST PROVIDE ONE PIECE OF EVIDENCE LIKE THE QURAN ORDERS US TO KILL ALL THOSE WHO DISBELEIVE REGARDLESS IF THEY HAVE DONE ANYTHING TO YOU OR NOT. YOU KILL THEM ONLY BECAUSE THEY ARE NON MUSLIMS EVEN IF THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING TO YOU, SLAUGHTER THEM AND LEAVE NON ALIVE REGARDLESS IF THEY ASK FOR PROTECTION OR HAVE NEVER BEEN GIVEN THE MESSAGE. AND THEN THE MESSENGER HAD HIS COMPANIONS DO IT TO AND THEN THROUGHOUT THE REST OF THE HISTORY OF ISLAM IN THE BEGINNING THEY KEPT THIS IDEOLOGY AND CONTINUED SLAUGHTERING INNOCENT WOMEN, CHILDREN, ETC. ETC. NOT LEAVING ANY NON MUSLIMS TO SURVIVE.

SOUNDS MORE LIKE THE CRUSADES, OR THE TA'TAR.

IF YOU CAN PROVIDE THAT MAYBE YOUR STATEMENTS WILL HAVE VALIDITY.

Truth is true muslims are only affected emotionally by Bahai's or Shia or whatever because we fear for their afterlife. They may end up in hellfire as a munafiqoon.

We are just concerned for them but general hatred amongst the massess is non sense. Keep trying maybe one day you will give us some evidence to support your statements, Won't hold my breath though.

Laila

Navigator said:
Is there a verse in the Quran that instructs you to love, and be at peace with your jewish neighbor(if you had one), regardless of his religion, and treat him, equal, as if he was a fellow Muslim?

There are verses that tell us be to peaceful, deal in kindness and justice:

[109.2] I do not serve that which you serve,
[109.3] Nor do you serve Him Whom I serve:
[109.4] Nor am I going to serve that which you serve,
[109.5] Nor are you going to serve Him Whom I serve:
[109.6] You shall have your religion and I shall have my religion.

[60.8] Allah does not forbid you respecting those who have not made war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly; surely Allah loves the doers of justice.

[5.8] O you who believe! Be upright for Allah, bearers of witness with justice, and let not hatred of a people incite you not to act equitably; act equitably, that is nearer to piety, and he careful of (your duty to) Allah; surely Allah is Aware of what you do.

[16.90] Surely Allah enjoins the doing of justice and the doing of good (to others) and the giving to the kindred, and He forbids indecency and evil and rebellion; He admonishes you that you may be mindful.

There is a story about the Muhammad (pbuh) he and his companions happened to be walking and funeral procession was passing by. The Prophet stopped to say a prayer and his companions asked him "why do you pray for this man who was not a muslim" the Prophet responded " was he not a human being?".

Laila

One cannot asked to be treated exactly like a fellow muslim but one can expect to be treated equally (with kindness, respect and justice) as a fellow human being.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Laila said:
There is a story about the Muhammad (pbuh) he and his companions happened to be walking and funeral procession was passing by. The Prophet stopped to say a prayer and his companions asked him "why do you pray for this man who was not a muslim" the Prophet responded " was he not a human being?".
That certainly "works" for me Laila. Isn't it interesting that his companions didn't “get it” right off the bat? You would think the wisest among them would observe, the light would go on, and they would simply follow suit. Well, I suppose Prophet Muhammed [pbuh] had to work with what he was given. :)

That being said, I have grave doubts that fundamentalists of either camp will ever exist "in peace" although I have great hope for the "moderates" of both factions forging a better vision of mutual respect and coexistence. That is, of course, under the proviso that neither ever lets faith exceed their reason.