• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can humans create something from nothing or nothingness from something?

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
Not even gods or goddesses can do that :)
In many cultural Stories of Creation it is said that the Universe is eternal and all elements have been there for ever taking place in making forms which are build up and dissolved in an eternal process where the electromagnetic forse rules eveything.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Not even gods or goddesses can do that :)
In many cultural Stories of Creation it is said that the Universe is eternal and all elements have been there for ever taking place in making forms which are build up and dissolved in an eternal process where the electromagnetic forse rules eveything.
G-d can do that, it is mentioned in Quran.
Science does not claim that it could do that. Right? Please
Regards

Kirran

Premium Member
Regards

A non-Muslim doesn't really care what the Qur'an says about things.

Science claims nothing, it is a methodological system.

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
Science does not claim that it could do that. Right?
Indirectly science does by the claim of the Big Bag theory - but this is nonsense in my opinion.
"G-d" is to me just "a force of creation" and not a personalized being.
Edit: And this also goes for G-ddesses, who once upon a time also had a role in the now patriarchal religions.

Last edited:

HonestJoe

Only G-d could do and can done so.

Right? Please

Regards
I’ve created lyrics and poetry. I don’t need any resources outside myself to do that. I’ve always found the idea of a god creating things from or as part of themselves more viable to the idea of a god literally creating something from “nothing”. After all, if a god is present, how can you say there is “nothing” in the first place?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I wouldn't say what we create comes from "nothing" but rather from an unseen substance. Thoughts are things and can be used to create more tangable things.
I somewhat agree with that. Yeah, its like we can dig for treasure with a lot of effort.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Indirectly science does by the claim of the Big Bag theory - but this is nonsense in my opinion.
"G-d" is to me just "a force of creation" and not a personalized being.
Edit: And this also goes for G-ddesses, who once upon a time also had a role in the now patriarchal religions.
Not so . The singularity was. The big bang just transformed it.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
I seem to sense a lack of cause here,
except for the possible 'gods' there.
Native has it right....boundlessly recreating itself !

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
Regards

Science doesn't claim it can do that, no.
Perhaps in the future there might be some chance of developing a way, but that's likely to be a very long time from now.

God can do it because a book said that god can do it. Nice.
What if I quote a book that says god can't do it? What puts your book above my book?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Can humans create something from nothing or nothingness from something?

"Only G-d could do and can done so."

Regards
One member of the forum has asked me to quoe a verse of Quran where it is mentioned, so I give one of such verses:

Verse (2:117)

Sahih International: Originator of the heavens and the earth. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, "Be," and it is.
The Quranic Arabic Corpus - Word by Word Grammar, Syntax and Morphology of the Holy Quran

Regards

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist

interminable

منتظر
I think there is no verse in quran that explicitly says God created everything from nothing.

Actually this is a mysterious issue and very complicated as well.