• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can humans create something from nothing or nothingness from something?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Who cares, we did it, and that is all that matters, no god needed, lets face it, he would only be in the way, and stuff everything up.
But if we did it, we must have had the knowledge to do it before we existed....you can't just throw logic out the door...:D

psychoslice

Veteran Member
But if we did it, we must have had the knowledge to do it before we existed....you can't just throw logic out the door...:D
Well of course knowledge or so called knowledge, was there all the time, it was inbuilt within us, no god needed.

interminable

منتظر
Please ponder the verse quoted by me above.
If one could create something from annihilation, he could destroy something to annihilate it again.
Right? Please
Regards
Actually philosophers say that something can't be created from nothing because nothing is lack and when something is lack means it doesn't exist at all
And there is another philosophical law that says something that exists can't be converted to non-existent because non existent doesn't exist.

These are simply because existence is everywhere and u can't find somewhere that non existent exists.

But gnostics say that we are shadows or we are like waves of a sea

So don't take this issue so easily
It has involved philosophers' minds for centuries.
In this case u have 2 options
1. We were from the beginning but in other forms although we were in need of a creator as philosophers say

2. We don't exist really I mean the reall existence belongs to God and we are only shadows

These can be concluded if we wanna prove the existence of a creator

But for atheists and materialists it would be different.

Anyway
as I said that verse has nothing to do with your claim. Actually it is silent about your claim.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Yet few would deny that their imaginations are literally "nothing"
Nothing used in the relative sense is not what is implied when someone claims God created the universe from nothing....unless the explain they mean that the absolute nothing is not meant, only a relative nothing.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Sorry, nothing in the context of creation from nothing means absolute nothing.....the total absence of any mass or energy.... :)
Absolute nothing is called annihilation.
G-d created from annihilation, and he could reverse it any time. Humans could do none of that. Right? Please
Regards

psychoslice

Veteran Member
So what form did you have that contained the knowledge to create the human form through evolution?
The same as an egg does, its all programmed with in the egg, and I believe that all that is was already programmed in the so called big bang, the big bang was like an egg that came into existence, no god needed.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Absolute nothing is called annihilation.
G-d created from annihilation, and he could reverse it any time. Humans could do none of that. Right? Please
Regards
For there to be annihilation, there must first be something that is to be annihilated, which happens according to E = MC^2, the reverse being M = E/c^2.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
The same as an egg does, its all programmed with in the egg, and I believe that all that is was already programmed in the so called big bang, the big bang was like an egg that came into existence, no god needed.
So how did this big bang egg come into existence?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Actually philosophers say that something can't be created from nothing because nothing is lack and when something is lack means it doesn't exist at all
And there is another philosophical law that says something that exists can't be converted to non-existent because non existent doesn't exist.

These are simply because existence is everywhere and u can't find somewhere that non existent exists.

But gnostics say that we are shadows or we are like waves of a sea

So don't take this issue so easily
It has involved philosophers' minds for centuries.
In this case u have 2 options
1. We were from the beginning but in other forms although we were in need of a creator as philosophers say

2. We don't exist really I mean the reall existence belongs to God and we are only shadows

These can be concluded if we wanna prove the existence of a creator

But for atheists and materialists it would be different.

Anyway
as I said that verse has nothing to do with your claim. Actually it is silent about your claim.

We discuss here in this forum from the perspective of Religion or from science. It does not deal in philosophy. And the philosophers may have different and opposite views.
The truthful Religion is very clear about it and I have quoted a brilliant verse from Quran.
And science becomes gibberish in such matters.
G-d is evident,and evident does not need any evidence, necessarily.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

The same as an egg does, its all programmed with in the egg, and I believe that all that is was already programmed in the so called big bang, the big bang was like an egg that came into existence, as willed by G-d, and no Atheism needed.
Right? Please
Regards

psychoslice

Veteran Member
The same as an egg does, its all programmed with in the egg, and I believe that all that is was already programmed in the so called big bang, the big bang was like an egg that came into existence, as willed by G-d, and no Atheism needed.
Right? Please
Regards
I cannot argue with you, you are just too focused on your god and you belief system, just stay there please.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
We discuss here in this forum from the perspective of Religion or from science. It does not deal in philosophy. And the philosophers may have different and opposite views.
The truthful Religion is very clear about it and I have quoted a brilliant verse from Quran.
Regards
" Funny x 1
psychoslice"

You mean that the post has satisfied you. Right? Please
Regards

interminable

منتظر
Regards
What are u talking about?!??

Both science and religion are based on logic. Without logic we have nothing to discuss. And philosophy is completely based on logic. I'm surprised that u don't count philosophy as a field in science.

Besides this verse wanna say that god isn't like u. He doesn't need to think to plan or use trial and error to create something even he has no intention . He has no mind like u. When he says be something will be created. Even he doesn't need to say be.

But it doesn't say I created u from nothing.