• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Christianity be defended logically?

Rhma

You know what? This is not a "Bible discussion board."

Well, Excuse me. I stumbled accross the board when I researched "Bible discussion boards."

*edit*

I should have known.

Bye Bye!

Last edited by a moderator:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Well, Excuse me. I stumbled accross the board when I researched "Bible discussion boards."

*edit*

I should have known.

Bye Bye!
Yeah, my sexual orientation is totally relevant to the fact that you didn't read the Mission Statement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Nevermind, I'll just remind everyone:

As a community of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds, our aim is to provide a civil environment, informative, respectful and welcoming where people of diverse beliefs can discuss, compare and debate religion while engaging in fellowship with one another.

nazz

Doubting Thomas

As a community of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds, our aim is to provide a civil environment, informative, respectful and welcoming where people of diverse beliefs can discuss, compare and debate religion while engaging in fellowship with one another.

thanks Storm. I missed that when I read through the rules.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
No worries! (You didn't seem to require the information. Advantages of being a good person, I guess.)

nazz

Doubting Thomas
Nuh uh, I can't be kind. I mean, I'm not even straight - obviously not worth talking to. Didn't you see my user title?

Sorry you got that treatment but I imagine you are used to it.

You should move here. We are a gay friendly city.

:)

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Sorry you got that treatment but I imagine you are used to it.

You should move here. We are a gay friendly city.

:)
Oh, yeah... more than accustomed. As for queer-friendly (I'm bi, not gay), I just moved back to Lubbock from Portland, OR, where even the token conservatives march in the pride parade. So, don't worry, I know it's not everybody. And at this point, I really don't give a rat's *** if a random idiot on the internet happens to be a bigoted one. I simply reserve the right to mock said bigots at every opportunity.

It's cool. :)

nazz

Doubting Thomas
Oh, yeah... more than accustomed. As for queer-friendly (I'm bi, not gay), I just moved back to Lubbock from Portland, OR, where even the token conservatives march in the pride parade. So, don't worry, I know it's not everybody. And at this point, I really don't give a rat's *** if a random idiot on the internet happens to be a bigoted one. I simply reserve the right to mock said bigots at every opportunity.

Yes, I remember that about Portland. The progressive mindset there is one of the things that attracted me.

We have a very large gay pride festival here called Southern Decadence. The bigots come every year with their hateful signs shouting through bullhorns (think Fred Phelps). I've engaged in spiritual warfare with those folks.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Yes, I remember that about Portland. The progressive mindset there is one of the things that attracted me.

We have a very large gay pride festival here called Southern Decadence. The bigots come every year with their hateful signs shouting through bullhorns (think Fred Phelps). I've engaged in spiritual warfare with those folks.
Good on ya.

Orias

Left Hand Path
has anyone here actually studied logic? including the original poster?

or is logic being used here in another sense of the word?

Thats the thing about logic, those that lay claim to the studying of it are often confounded by the freelance application of it, as if there is already an orthodox way of applying logic interdependently :facepalm:

Rhma

discuss, compare and debate religion while engaging in fellowship with one another

Thought you said this is not a religious discussion board. Even the title page says it is. Care to explain?

As for "personal attack" against you, that is not true. All I did was quote your own title for yourself, and pointed out that it should have been my first clue. How is that possibly misconstrued to be a personal attack.

Last edited:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Thought you said this is not a religious discussion board. Even the title page says it is. Care to explain?

As for "personal attack" against you, that is not true. All I did was quote your own title for yourself, and pointed out that it should have been my first clue. How is that possibly misconstrued to be a personal attack.
In fact I said it was not a BIBLE discussion board.

Please, spare me further lies.

Rhma

Yah, well, at least you're not random.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Yah, well, at least you're not random.
Oh, I can be random. But at least I'm not a liar.

Tell me, if I misconstrued your post (which, don't worry, I do remember what it originally said), what was it supposed to mean? You called me a name, reminded everyone I was queer as if it were relevant, and said you were leaving. That's not very ambiguous.