• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can a perfect creator create something that is not perfect?

Just_me_Mike

Yes of course, but none of us are perfect. And we are all flawed in one way or another. So in my mind there could not be a perfect creater.
Perhaps what you are describing is like the polars of a magnet, together make are perfect, but separate they mean little.

Zorro1227

Perhaps what you are describing is like the polars of a magnet, together make are perfect, but separate they mean little.

Maybe. I just have a hard time wrapping my mind around a god that is perfect creating all of us...we are honeslty pretty ridiculous
icon10.gif

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
If we assume that God is perfect.
And then assume that whatever God creates is also perfect. And a reflection of Gods Perfection.
Then it follows that sin is part of perfection.
And those in the perfect creation are also perfect.
Then none are deserving of Gods wraith or rejection.

logician

Perfection from a supposed god's point of view would be far diferent than perfection from man's point of view.

Just_me_Mike

If we assume that God is perfect.
And then assume that whatever God creates is also perfect. And a reflection of Gods Perfection.
Then it follows that sin is part of perfection.
And those in the perfect creation are also perfect.
Then none are deserving of Gods wraith or rejection.
Take that a bit further, and when according to the bible when time stops, all things will perfectly and fittingly take their place.
I agree with your post, but think that the perfection of sin, is that it is destroyed. Perhaps?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
If your God finds it acceptable to destroy perfection,
or bring His wraith upon perfection,
or judge perfection,
then I am at a loss.

Just_me_Mike

If your God finds it acceptable to destroy perfection,
or bring His wraith upon perfection,
or judge perfection,
then I am at a loss.
If the intended purpose of a perfect creation (in this case sin, or evil) is to only have it existed while time exist, I see no problem. It served it's perfect purpose. Right?

SHANMAC

My first inclination was to say yes because a perfect creator, arguably, can do anything s/he wants, including create something imperfect. However, if a perfect creator wanted to create something imperfectly, I'm thinking s/he would create it perfectly imperfect. Although the end result might be imperfect by someone else's standards, it is perfect by the creator's standards. So, my final answer is no.

Humanistheart

It would depend on you're definition of 'perfect'. For example, the abrahamic god is by no means perfect. He's no all-knowing, or all loving, he created numerious imperfect creations, he has absolutely no moral compus, breaks his own rules, etc etc. But those who believe in him call him perfect because he's without sin. Of course, since sin is only things that god doesnt like at the moment, this makes it very easy for him to be sinless, and thus 'perfect' by that perverted definition.

Commoner

Headache
The christian god is an excellent example of how absurd the notion of "perfection" really is.

He is supposed to be both perfectly just and perfectly forgiving, which is a clear paradox. Even a god could not be perfect in all attributes.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter

Well, if you are perfect, and then you get wasted, you can make all sorts of mistakes. I'm perfect, and I make all sorts of imperfections every time I attempt to do anything... wait... maybe I'm not perfect, but rather a complete failure. I get the two mixed up sometimes.
:danana:

BruceDLimber

Greetings! :)

>Can a perfect creator [please note spelling!] create something that is not perfect?

No!

HOWEVER, given that we were given free will, humans are perfectly capable of screwing up what's around them by reducing or avoiding the perfections already available to those who adopt them!

Simple as that.

Peace, :)

Bruce

Just_me_Mike

Greetings! :)

>Can a perfect creator [please note spelling!] create something that is not perfect?

No!

HOWEVER, given that we were given free will, humans are perfectly capable of screwing up what's around them by reducing or avoiding the perfections already available to those who adopt them!

Simple as that.

Peace, :)

Bruce
For those that believe in free will. I don't