• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Calm. Defiant. Confident. That’s how embattled Syrian President Bashar Assad appeared"...

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
"Calm. Defiant. Confident. That’s how embattled Syrian President Bashar Assad appeared"...

This is how some inspectors described the Syrian president.

Regardless of politics. Is not it attention-capturing how the Syrian president stayed calm in the face of his earth-quack?

Wirey

Fartist

This is how some inspectors described the Syrian president.

Regardless of politics. Is not it attention-capturing how the Syrian president stayed calm in the face of his earth-quack?

Monsters are rarely moved by their atrocities. He's just soulless, like Stalin or Bob Saget.

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
Monsters are rarely moved by their atrocities. He's just soulless, like Stalin or Bob Saget.

Read this quote from the independent:

There is now "good" al-Qa'ida on our side and "bad" al-Qa'ida fighting on theirs. In Syria, the former operates under the name of the al-Nusra Front, labelled by the US as the Syrian branch al-Qa'ida, and is the main fighting force of the rebel National Coalition.

The narrative that everybody hears about Syria is that there is a revolution there that is demanding Democracy, and great powers from around the world are in support of those people demanding democracy...

We have The US, Europe, Saudi Arabi, Israel...and Al-Qaeda... All of them are supporting the Democracy seekers in Syria...

But are these Powers aim at spreading Democracy...
Is not many of these powers are ready to do anything for the sake of serving their own interests...

So why do they want to get rid of Al Assad? i
Why did not they supported the Revolution of Bahrain?
Why not to Support Democracy in Saudi Arabia?

These forces are repeating what they have done in Afghanistan when they supported al-Qaeda in its fighting against the Soviet 'occupation'.

They will reap same consequences in Syria. The extremists -or democracy seekers as they are called in the western media- are not ashamed of showing their true face and their culture of beheading humans like sheep...

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that Mr. Assad cares very much for his country, and I think that he sees himself as a kind of savior. That is why he has held onto his political power beyond what was legal for him to do. It was only a matter of time before the Syrians became upset.

He likes democracy, but he doesn't believe his citizens would do well without him. The citizens don't believe him. He is, yes, trying to resist evil. It is a difficult situation for him, because he worries who will take his place. He is losing his power, however. His best option is to seek a diplomatic solution with a foreign country that both he and his opponents can trust. Perhaps Egypt would work, although Egypt is currently in a political crisis. I think he should avoid superpowers like USA, China, Russia. He will get more help from a country that has few interests in the region. The foreign power, one he can trust, he should allow to supervise his government to insure that his successor is not a bloodthirsty tyrant and will work for the benefit of all Syrians. I believe his opponents would be satisfied, and the civil war could be ended. It is all about trust.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
What is truly puzzling is that when all this began I was somewhat delighted to hear Assad may be the next domino to go down. Now, many weeks later, I find myself rooting for him, as the alternative is hardly anything to cheer about.

Last edited: